Excal/pryd cluster with german/frensh server

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
I cant say that I speak german... that would be a lie.. But how ever, playing on Classic Cluster (CC) isnt that bad when it comes to the language "barrier".

Sure enough, if some one on CC starts to talk in german to me, I just simply reply: "Sorry?" and I get the question or what ever it was, in english.

Reading the RA list looked a bit cryptic at the start, but somehow I see what is what now. At first on Glaston, there where the english talking and the french but now I would say that planing and executing things with the french that is still playing (guessing its the more mature players that is left in general) goes rather good and frictionless. I suspec, giving it some time, will be the case with the germans aswell. We just need to get to know one another a bit.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
I'm no expert on Hib population during prime time 6pm -10pm GMT as I play from Australia but I can tell you for a fact the server has died off almost completely outside these times.

I play mainly from 8am to 12pm GMT everyday and find it harder and harder to even find anyone to fight, yesterday I was the only one in RVR in emain on hib for 2 hrs and then I went to Sursbrook and it was just me and my BB until some albs attacked, I mean some aswell it was 2 of them.

The albs got killed and went away and came back with a zerg of 4, even 1 mid appeared to make up numbers, we had about 3 hibs plus myself in the end.

Albs got killed and vanised not to be seen again, hibs walked away and mid died.

I went on that ML rush the other day because in all honesty RVR was totally dead and I wanted something to do with the few hours I get to play.

So when stating the servers alive and well, spare a thought for the poor hibs, were low in number and may well be soon extinct outside primetime.

Except ofc for a solo ranger, from South Australia.

Eble

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
kinda funny how he claims the primetime population is still healthy, and this is just a 'dip'. every year the server/cluster lost what, ~40% of its players?

besides, how can the population have a dip in the winter - doesn't it usually come in the summer when people don't spend as much time indoors?

exams for ppl at uni m8

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Eithor said:
By film:
"We don't need to be clustered with a german/french server yet. It might come to that some day but the server is far from dead."

It's dead enough when i with my visible class stand infront of crau and at bridge and between bridge and crau keep for 20+ minutes with no possible action at all (around 14.00-15.30 cet, yesterday). I had to ride through aggramon, to albland, circling a bit at beno bridges... Then see a captured mid-eras tower under fire, ride there, get in and get zerged by 1-2 groups of albs.

Took me over an hour to find any action, and then it is at "chokepoints" etc.
I enjoy this game alot, most of the time anyway, but it's sad that one can't log on at any time and easily find action in several places.

Really really hope that "some day" will be very very soon(although i only know swedish and english and really don't want to play a german or frensh game, if there's a will, there's a way).

Shouldn't be that hard to remake the rvr zones, and adapt that remake/copy to suit for multiple languages (client/account based). Or maybe hard, but not that hard.

of topic, but use /rw to see where action is and go there, standing by a bridge in a land no one goes too.........its gonna be lonely.

the battles will be in alb or mid atm so i would buy a horse to make your life easier :p

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
:) Well I understand that, but what im getting at is, how do you justify such a switch even if it was possible? Switching anything in the game to english for the germans, when there are 7000 germans that probably dont want that, and 70 english speaking people who do want it...sounds unarguable to me!:)

I see where you are comming from, dont get me wrong, I would like nothing more than for us to cluster with a german server or with a US server and then get all in English, but its hard to argue that to the 100 times or more germans that choose the german language to start with!:)

/Charmangle

What a load of crap! I was stationed in Germany for almost 5 years. In my experience, the majority of Germans can read and speak English well. The same cannot be said of the English.

There are nothing like 100 times more Germans on-line, where are you getting your figures from? Usually there are 600-700 players on-line during prime time on the Excal cluster. At most there are 2000 on each of the German servers. Now, it's been a while since I went to school, but doing the maths makes me think your claim is completely wrong.

However, even assuming you're right, any future multi-language cluster should be in English because English is the universal language, German is not. Besides, we won the war...

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Awarkle said:
someone saying hibernia is dead i still managed to get enough people to do a complete ml 1 to 9 rush this weekend.

When the population gets down to a level where i cant do that then that is when the server is officially dead.

as it stands we can still do mls and artifacts and rvr reasonably well if anything would be probbly best to cluster with the spanish and italian servers.

Thats nice.

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
Kinetix said:
As some1 said in this post ( too tired to recall who was) the hibernia part is very dead indeed and needs a population boost. unfortunatly it isnt going to resolve with +rp bonus or +level bonus, i mean who wants to level a char up from 20 to 50 even with freelevel each 2 days? if we could swap realms with no downtime some ppl might actually go there once in a while or if they give some kind of equivalence wich they wont.

As for languages, in my case the moment they put english server in german,french or any bloody language is the the day im off.

thats my 2 cents on this

If u talking about the 1 hour relog timer i guess u havent been reading patch notes since for a good while now u have been able to instant relog its in patch notes aswell but i for once think u should stay ALB :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Cluster the whole euroservers together, set each realm their respective period language - old irish, old norse, medieval english - noone can understand a fucking word and everyones happy.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Cluster the whole euroservers together, set each realm their respective period language - old irish, old norse, medieval english - noone can understand a fucking word and everyones happy.

Have at thee ye olde barter!

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Maeloch said:

Best idea ive heard in ages, thats lateral thinking!

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
We don't need to be clustered with a german/french server yet. It might come to that some day but the server is far from dead.

I think your so far off the mark with this Flim, no offence.

Last night at 23:00gmt there were 260 ppl on the excal cluster, the population will hit Glastonbury levels before GOA react.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
:) Well I understand that, but what im getting at is, how do you justify such a switch even if it was possible? Switching anything in the game to english for the germans, when there are 7000 germans that probably dont want that, and 70 english speaking people who do want it...sounds unarguable to me!:)/Charmangle

This issue has been covered a number of times. We don't want the Germans to play in English, we just want to be able to be clustered with Avalon, but be able to play in English. The Germans play in German. But at the moment the servers will only support one language.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Maeloch said:

Actually this would be a najs idea. Cluster all the euroservers together for NF and leave the inland zone in their respective lingo's!

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Sarumann said:
If u talking about the 1 hour relog timer i guess u havent been reading patch notes since for a good while now u have been able to instant relog its in patch notes aswell but i for once think u should stay ALB :)

Not in the UK/EU GOA made the decision not to impliment it.

we have enuff assumed griefing as it is:flame:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The English cluster is nearing the critical point very rapidly - it's a matter of a month or two before it becomes unplayable in RVR. As it is right now there's barely any Solo RVR, no FG RVR to speak of, and only an occasional Zerg RVR (and only from the Albs). Hibernia could have fallen off the face of the world, and we wouldn't even notice.

The solution that is most logical is an RVR zone clustering with either German or the French clusters. I can deal with RVR messages in German - it's the players we want, the language doesn't matter. Our PVE zones would remain in English, just as their zones would be in German/French. The sooner this happens the better. Better yesterday than today, tbh.

Regardless of what people scream, the cluster is NOT healthy. Just because you managed to scrape together barely enough people run a ML raid doesn't mean there's enough people to do other things. I prefer to have the RVR zones clustered TODAY so I can decide to not RVR because it's too busy than be forced to log because there's noone around to fight.

I don't see why people are disagreeing so badly on this..it's like refusing to get into the lifeboat after your ship sunk, just because it's a purple one and not white.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Tesla Monkor said:
The English cluster is nearing the critical point very rapidly - it's a matter of a month or two before it becomes unplayable in RVR. As it is right now there's barely any Solo RVR, no FG RVR to speak of, and only an occasional Zerg RVR (and only from the Albs). Hibernia could have fallen off the face of the world, and we wouldn't even notice.

The solution that is most logical is an RVR zone clustering with either German or the French clusters. I can deal with RVR messages in German - it's the players we want, the language doesn't matter. Our PVE zones would remain in English, just as their zones would be in German/French. The sooner this happens the better. Better yesterday than today, tbh.

Regardless of what people scream, the cluster is NOT healthy. Just because you managed to scrape together barely enough people run a ML raid doesn't mean there's enough people to do other things. I prefer to have the RVR zones clustered TODAY so I can decide to not RVR because it's too busy than be forced to log because there's noone around to fight.

I don't see why people are disagreeing so badly on this..it's like refusing to get into the lifeboat after your ship sunk, just because it's a purple one and not white.

I agree on most of it, well put, but not on the zerg part and the solo part: Seen Mids zerging as much as Albs and if you know where to go and what to do you can get some good solo fights, problem is: it's mostly Hibs and Albs and it's the very same people all the time.

Death

Fledgling Freddie
moan moan lol, How can we not come to an agreement that the server is losing alot of players fast, i personnally am not going to play WAR i just dont like the look of it :p every person to there own opinion, i would like to see a mass cluster in rvr only german/french/zulu/spanish i just dont give 2 fucks i would just like to see an increase in numbers thats all, and i think that night raids would be stoped by an overseas playing force

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Really would like reply from Requiel (shows the good support to the community again /sarcarsm)

But if we cant cluster the servers duo to technical problems etc, how about give us a /lvl 50 command for howmany lvl 50 you have and some command to get the arties or plats i dont care. I even want to start @ rr1 again, but on a inf then ;)

Well just some idea's, really want a GM to explain what they gonna do.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dutch_NS said:
Really would like reply from Requiel (shows the good support to the community again /sarcarsm)

But if we cant cluster the servers duo to technical problems etc, how about give us a /lvl 50 command for howmany lvl 50 you have and some command to get the arties or plats i dont care. I even want to start @ rr1 again, but on a inf then ;)

Well just some idea's, really want a GM to explain what they gonna do.

Requiel is on holidays atm.

If you want to roll an Infi, I can help you with leveling and make an artifact raid to get you sorted.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
They proberly will wait untill feb 14, if they still see the numbers dropping they will get some clustering going.
If they cant find a solution for the language, the english speaking players will need to get used of german or french.

Or a one time copy/paste offer, so each account can select where that account should be copied to. Problem is if you
go to a US server you will loose your chars on any other european server. Since i only play alb/excal i dont mind, but
i know a couple of people that have serveral toons on different servers

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Requiel is on holidays atm.

If you want to roll an Infi, I can help you with leveling and make an artifact raid to get you sorted.

On wot server? ;) Got a lvl 48.5 inf on pryd already with a few arties, only that last lvl is so focking boring ;)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Dutch_NS said:
On wot server? ;) Got a lvl 48.5 inf on pryd already with a few arties, only that last lvl is so focking boring ;)

Pryd/Excal - This weekend there is a ML1-10 so a good weekend to finish your infi.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:
Pryd/Excal - This weekend there is a ML1-10 so a good weekend to finish your infi.

Groupsteps4tehloose ;<

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I suspect most people play the game for the RvR side. Some want it all the time, some use it here and there and I guess there are some who PvE only (but not many).

It seems to me that critical mass is more important in RvR terms (and I say that because it is likely there are fewer players xping and kiting out new toons). Therefore clustering RvR zones firstly and leaving PvE zones unclustered may be the best measure. The language matters less in RvR.

Ideally I would like to see a little research into the US server with a decent 24 hr population and a toon transfer enabled to that, but sadly I cannot see that happening.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
yeah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Req said there was always a decrease at this time of the year and that is ofcourse because of the exams? Many of the players are actuelly still studying, may it be high school or uni... That was ofcourse what I ment.

The overal decrease is just because the game is dieing and many ppl rerolled to play with ze germans. :touch:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
What a load of crap! I was stationed in Germany for almost 5 years. In my experience, the majority of Germans can read and speak English well. The same cannot be said of the English.

Eh...hmm...who said they didnt?
I said that they probably dont want to have their game in english since they CHOOSE to have it in German to start with. Now thats a fair assumtion in my opinion.

Danamyr said:
There are nothing like 100 times more Germans on-line, where are you getting your figures from? Usually there are 600-700 players on-line during prime time on the Excal cluster. At most there are 2000 on each of the German servers. Now, it's been a while since I went to school, but doing the maths makes me think your claim is completely wrong.
Sigh, it wasnt meant to be an exact figure. But if you want to get technichal, there are 5 german servers that are standard servers. Meaning that if you say there are 2000 on each you would have 10000 germans. (now it varies usually betwen 4000-7000 primetime in my opinion, but hey what ever floats your boat). In the end its: Loads on germans clusters, Few on english cluster end of point.

Danamyr said:
However, even assuming you're right, any future multi-language cluster should be in English because English is the universal language, German is not. Besides, we won the war...

Hehe, well its hard to argue that english is the universal language, when the game has been adapted into several languages and the german/french language have been highly more successful!:) Money is the universal language, when it comes to a corporation, and in the end thats all that matters, and german/french = more money than english speaking when it comes to DaoC atm!:)

/Charmangle

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Eh...hmm...who said they didnt?
I said that they probably dont want to have their game in english since they CHOOSE to have it in German to start with. Now thats a fair assumtion in my opinion.

So why should we have our game in German, since we choose English to begin with? Hmm?

Hehe, well its hard to argue that english is the universal language, when the game has been adapted into several languages and the german/french language have been highly more successful!:) Money is the universal language, when it comes to a corporation, and in the end thats all that matters, and german/french = more money than english speaking when it comes to DaoC atm!:)

What nonsense. English is the universal language, that's well known, so don't try and argue differently because it's utterly pointless. If Germans can still understand the game in English then GoA can bloody well make a cluster English.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
If you expect the Germans to play in English, you are deluding yourself. That will not happen - it would not be fair to them (and illegal to boot, since the German law enforces the product to be provided in German), and it makes no economic sense since WE (English players) are the minority, and not them.

Each cluster keeping their own language with a shared (German) Frontier area is the way to go - and most likely the way GOA will decide to go. The question is just -when-.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom