Games Everquest Next

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I struggled with beta signup from their website as it does funny stuff with EU people.
This link, worked for me; https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistrationLandingPage!input.action

Aye there was a right fuck on getting registered for the beta, a lot of people were complaining about it. USA residents registered with no issues but EU people were left in the shit basically :p because the redirect they setup didn't work, it just kept looping you back to the USA sites home page.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The EU company managing PS2 haven't done a bad job I see no reason for this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The EU company managing PS2 haven't done a bad job I see no reason for this.

Missing the point :p did you even read it properly? its a petition to allow them to choose between US or EU not one to boycott prosieben completely.

And Lol, that website just deleted my petition for some reason.

Poag

m00?
TBH its a cluster fuck.

I have a Euro SOE account, from before they farmed it off to ProS. I use this account for all my SOE stuff and it has significant amounts of cash on it. But i can't use this account now because Pro are now the hosts, so i had to make an entirely new account to get it to work.

Its shit really, massive complaints on the open soe forum and on the external tester forums. SOE are apparently looking into it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
LAtest videos look really nice, pixar'esque action. Also features are niuce if they are deep enough.

Still prefer the lore of wildstar over EQ so, kind of a killer.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
TBH its a cluster fuck.

I have a Euro SOE account, from before they farmed it off to ProS. I use this account for all my SOE stuff and it has significant amounts of cash on it. But i can't use this account now because Pro are now the hosts, so i had to make an entirely new account to get it to work.

Its shit really, massive complaints on the open soe forum and on the external tester forums. SOE are apparently looking into it.

It is abit arse aye, I tried DCUO again lately just for the sake of seeing whats changed, couldn't use my SOE account with my level 30's on, flat out would not let me, forced me to create a brand new account from scratch with no characters on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
LAtest videos look really nice, pixar'esque action. Also features are niuce if they are deep enough.

Still prefer the lore of wildstar over EQ so, kind of a killer.

I'm still going to give Wildstar a go, looks nice enough and tbh I think it'll be out long before EQN is, my MMO list is growing again zzz

- Final Fantasy Realm Reborn - trying this on release
- Wildstar - trying this on release
- Everquest Next - trying this on release

Not bothering with TESO, it looks and sounds utterly shit

Athan

Resident Freddy
I struggled with beta signup from their website as it does funny stuff with EU people.
This link, worked for me; https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/betaRegistrationLandingPage!input.action

When I signed up the other day it kept giving me a US/EU choice, but selecting the US choice just looped back to the main page, so I ended up just making an EU/Pro7 account to sign up. In the hopes I could sign up under my existing SOE account as well I clicked your link (after making sure I was already signed in to SOE.COM), but sadly:

We have encountered a system error while processing your request.
Please try again later.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you continue to encounter this error, please contact Customer Service at http://support.station.sony.com

Athan

Resident Freddy
TBH its a cluster fuck.

And by many accounts of PS2 players ProS are actually being shit at support, and people with soe.com accounts aren't really having any trouble getting support, despite residing in the EU. So it just makes you wonder why SOE bothered with the ProS deal at all (given the alleged reason was SOE didn't feel they could provide decent support for the EU).

Given I do have a little Station Cash on my SOE account (including now from completing the EQN Android App hoop-jumping) I would really prefer to play EQN/Landmark using that account, not the ProS one I was forced to make to sign up for beta.

Athan

Resident Freddy
When I signed up the other day it kept giving me a US/EU choice, but selecting the US choice just looped back to the main page, so I ended up just making an EU/Pro7 account to sign up. In the hopes I could sign up under my existing SOE account as well I clicked your link (after making sure I was already signed in to SOE.COM), but sadly:

Oh, seems you almost had the URL right, just it needs a few GET parameters on it.

I was trying to figure out the HTML/Javascript used so as to get around the redirection and ended up with a small perl script to do the login part which eventually got a redirect to:

Code:
https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/beta/signUpForBetaRedirect.action?theme=eql&betaId=17&service=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.everquestnext.com%2fbeta-registration

After trying to figure out how to get the session cookie working I decided, as my browser was logged in and thus had such a cookie, to just give that URL a go. The result was a page asking me to login again, I did, and despite the redirect back to the "You're in the EU boy-oh, high thee to the .eu page" thing I soon after had an email to my soe.com account address telling me I'd signed up. Whether it actually fully worked or not only time will tell.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
SOE really doesn't want that thought to catch on.

It's quite silly really, Prosieben are terrible as well, the DCUO support for example had to manually transfer characters from SOE to Prosieben, if you didn't submit an e-mail to them in time your characters basically got deleted... problem is they didn't really alert people that well about it, they claim to have sent e-mails out but a lot of people are saying they didn't get them so basically Prosieben are responsible for the loss of quite a few characters because once that migration deadline had passed you can no longer transfer them to Prosieben and you can no longer access the SOE DCUO servers.

It's quite stupid of SOE to basically say "Fuck Europe" given they probably get most of their revenue from Europe, it's a move almost as moronic as when Mythic allowed GOA to host DAOC/allowed them to go on for so long without warning them to fix their shit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"John Smedley: Clearing up a few misconceptions about EQN in Europe and UK. All players including ones from Prosieben can play on all servers."

rynnor

Rockhound
I like the vids but does anyone think it will actually look like that in retail? I can't think of a single MMO that ever looked like the pre-release 'gameplay' vids...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I like the vids but does anyone think it will actually look like that in retail? I can't think of a single MMO that ever looked like the pre-release 'gameplay' vids...

Age of Conan did.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Age of Conan is actually one of the games that have had decent graphics. Everquest Next graphics looks shit. Looked through a short gameplay vid and thought; That is world of warcraft-isch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom