Eve Online

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
I don't think there is much point for new players to look at nullsec and go hmm I wanna go there, and Joining Goon's isn't at all what I wanna do atleast, rather go to wormhole space then.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Far too late - need something new which doesn't unbalance the main game but works as an effective ISK sink.

I suggested an easy fix 2 years ago and was laughed off the Scrap Heap boards by PL / NC.Dot ... I still think it's an entirely valid fix...
Introduce a new assault frigate that can fit an anti capital torpedo that does the 1/4 the damage that a dread in siege does, the large payload meaning they couldn't use jump bridges, for balance reasons.
It means that
a) You can't field blobs of super caps without adequate sub cap support. This means BC's and below.
b) Your sub cap support need to stay on the field with capitals and guard the gates.
c) It allows never players to start filling roles in fleet combat much quicker

Of course, it would mean a lot of dead capitals very quickly, not that I consider that a bad thing.

Marc

FH is my second home
Old NC fell too

The CFC is far far more powerful in relation to the rest of nul sec than BoB and the NC ever were and its just got stronger with the initiative and walltreipers joining.

The CFC will never be destroyed by an outside influence like BoB and the lolNC were. Game mechanics or inside betrayal is the only way the CFC will see its dominance ended

rynnor

Rockhound
SilverHood said:
I suggested an easy fix 2 years ago and was laughed off the Scrap Heap boards by PL / NC.Dot ... I still think it's an entirely valid fix...
Introduce a new assault frigate that can fit an anti capital torpedo that does the 1/4 the damage that a dread in siege does, the large payload meaning they couldn't use jump bridges, for balance reasons.
It means that
a) You can't field blobs of super caps without adequate sub cap support. This means BC's and below.
b) Your sub cap support need to stay on the field with capitals and guard the gates.
c) It allows never players to start filling roles in fleet combat much quicker

Of course, it would mean a lot of dead capitals very quickly, not that I consider that a bad thing.

Its a great idea - I can see most current Alliances hating it though.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Marc is just re-confirming that EVE never has been more boring

Marc

FH is my second home
Marc is just re-confirming that EVE never has been more boring

I think the CFC dominance is bad for the game yes, but for action, its the best ive seen it for years. When NC was in power, now THAT was boring but at the moment, there are fights everywhere

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The CFC will never be destroyed by an outside influence like BoB and the lolNC were.

Never say never. Both BoB and NC thought exactly the same thing. That they were to big and to powerful for anyone to stand a chance.

CFC is sitting in that spot right now.

All it takes is to find that one weak spot that ALWAYS exist....

Often it's something quite minor that no one thought was important....

rynnor

Rockhound
Marc said:
Which is what I said in my original post......:S

It may not be just treachery by an infiltrator - perhaps someone who just fancies breaking it up to make things interesting.

You cant really have epic without adversity.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Which is what I said in my original post......:S

No what you said was this.

The CFC will never be destroyed by an outside influence like BoB and the lolNC were.

And i said never say never.

BoB and NC paid the price because they got to comfortable in their own power, so they grew careless.

CFC is (if your attitude is anything to go by) on the way to plant their fat arses in that exact same comfortable spot now.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Did that guy aggress you at some point? Iirc there's an option that tells drones to attack anyone that aggresses you. Otherwise, not so sure, unless you hit some magical hotkey combos unintentionally

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Just re-activated, hooked up with my old corp. Boy, this game has changed in 4 years.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Did that guy aggress you at some point? Iirc there's an option that tells drones to attack anyone that aggresses you. Otherwise, not so sure, unless you hit some magical hotkey combos unintentionally

No it's just the same old bug that's always been there. It never truly got fixed.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
never mind ive signed up for the 14 day trial. Im trying out (installed) rift and LoL aswell if anyone wants to add me to friends, playing payday 2 and cod alot though. I dont know anyone in these games Im playing atm so msg me here if you play any and dont mind grouping with a drunk :). cheers

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Anyone interested in a new or alt account for 0.99 cent 1 month subscription then you should check out EVE today and their black friday offer. I actually find it boring but for 99p I might aswel.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
I dont get this game, I don not understand why this is a popular game after a week of playing I have hardly been at the computer. I skill up when im asleep, mining with no need to be at the computer, warp to location autopilot for hours/days. Its an afk game simular to watching paint dry.
Second time ive attempted playing it and im still confused as to why so many people play it. Oh look more space, exciting...
Seriously though why do people play it cause it looks like a payed subscription game just to chat and not do any game play. Dont bother anyway.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
would be nice to edit posts! Anyway a quick eve online is so boring gave me enough info. Best quote was from EVE's lead designer Kristoffer Touborg saying Part of it, I think, is that people like boring. Or, well, maybe low effort, maybe low risk stuff.

Athan

Resident Freddy
I dont get this game, I don not understand why this is a popular game after a week of playing I have hardly been at the computer. I skill up when im asleep, mining with no need to be at the computer, warp to location autopilot for hours/days. Its an afk game simular to watching paint dry.
Second time ive attempted playing it and im still confused as to why so many people play it. Oh look more space, exciting...
Seriously though why do people play it cause it looks like a payed subscription game just to chat and not do any game play. Dont bother anyway.
If you like the Sci-Fi/Spaceships setting that you may want to keep an eye on Star Citizen. It's very far from finished, but in the end should have something at least vaguely like (if you squint) the same economic/politics gameplay, but with live-action 'twitch' space flight and combat.

In an attempt to not derail this thread, here's a link to the one I made about Star Citizen.

rynnor

Rockhound

Its quite cleverly built though you have to remember that a lot of people aren't actually paying for this game - just buying time using ISK ingame.

It rewards subscribers with increases in power so that they can't be easily threatened by newer players (using the skill mechanic to do this).

It prevents people burning through to the end game by having a fixed rate of progression - again via skillpoints.

It gave early players advantages like tech 2 blueprint originals that later characters cannot obtain (except by buying from the early players - if they would ever sell :p).

It's full of bots and other things that messed up the economy - these now act as a barrier to new folk - the legitimate profits from basic activities like mining have dropped while the cost of things went up a lot.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
thankyou for the replies. I gave it a good go, almost enouth isk to buy myself a retriever. it is not for me though so I am reinstalling wow for chrismas fun, i might jump on it still and get some standings with agents up whilst chilling out we will see.

Marc

FH is my second home
$190,000 raised by eve players for icelandic red cross! Awesome! The owner of somerblink donated 4000 plex personally lol.

Anyways, all of eve at war at the moment, Solar Fleet along with Black legion are attacking pandemic legion and N3, trying to take their old space back. We in the CFC are acting as honourable third parties of course and are in no way deciding to beat on N3 for the 456th time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom