• No, I could not go.

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • No, I did not want to go.

Votes: 19 29.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

liloe

It's my birthday today!
So most of our countries had their EU elections yesterday, or in the last few days, but oh my, the results are harsh. In Germany, not even 50% of the people went to vote, which shows in what kind of sad state the knowledge and/or the care about the EU is.

How can people be so noninterested in an institution which nowadays has most power about the laws in our countries :/

Thought I'd add a little anonymous poll to get a brief overview about what people did here =)

And about "being sick, couldn't go" … "taking your goldfish for a walk isn't what that implies, be honest about it please"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
34% turnout in the UK and we got 2 x BNP guys elected. It is shit but I can totally understand why people are protest voting tbh.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i forgot to vote :( i mean, i kept thinking that theres still time, theres still time, then i look on tv 'oh wow voting results'

kivik

Part of the furniture
43% ish in sweden. Pirate party got 7% :p (supports legalization of filesharing).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Your average man in the street couldn't give a damn about the European elections. But they might start caring if there was more information about who their MEP is, what they do, how the decisions the parliament make affect our daily lives etc. This was one of the issues on Question Time last week - people said they couldnt' be bothered to vote because they didn't understand what they were voting for or why.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I voted, because we're forced to vote in Belgium :( If we don't go we get fined (heavily)...

Sad elections in my country...Being on the Flemish part of the country, I'm ashamed to see the results of the votes...Far too much extremist right-wing votes.... :(

Since yesterday, I'm ashamed to be Flemish again :(

Olgaline

FH is my second home
in denmark the turnout was about 56% aflik
but that was mostly, "I'm guessing" due to the added vote on Royal succession

Calo

Part of the furniture
I voted, because we're forced to vote in Belgium :( If we don't go we get fined (heavily)...

Sad elections in my country...Being on the Flemish part of the country, I'm ashamed to see the results of the votes...Far too much extremist right-wing votes.... :(

Since yesterday, I'm ashamed to be Flemish again :(

Fuck off to wallonië then. And then again, "Vlaams belang" has made major losses. "LDD" being worth nothing so only "NVA" is a sign that people want a change here. I'm proud to be flemish!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I put my vote on the pirate party instead of mindlessly putting it on some FOtm party like S & M (heh).

Marc

FH is my second home
Your average man in the street couldn't give a damn about the European elections. But they might start caring if there was more information about who their MEP is, what they do, how the decisions the parliament make affect our daily lives etc. This was one of the issues on Question Time last week - people said they couldnt' be bothered to vote because they didn't understand what they were voting for or why.

This applies to me, but then again, i dont give a shit about politics because they are all as bad as each other.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Fucking BNP, the nazis did not get us the last time and they wont get us this time god dammit

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
BNP got in in 'Yorkshire and Humberside'. I'm from the area but had to Google that it existed. At least the Hitler brigade are only winning in made-up places.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I don't care who wins, so i don't vote.

If some real bad man like justin timberlake was running, i'd vote against him. Other then that, not really in my "interest" zone.

The thing is, year after year, day after day, i notice that what happens in politics doesn't affect me in any major way so, why should i stress about it?

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
BNP got in in 'Yorkshire and Humberside'. I'm from the area but had to Google that it existed. At least the Hitler brigade are only winning in made-up places.

where tf is humberside, i mean i know its hull and the surrounding area but its called east yorkshire now

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
where tf is humberside, i mean i know its hull and the surrounding area but its called east yorkshire now
It's the nothern chunk of lincolnshire along the humber (grimsby, scunthorpe) bunched up with the bit of yorkshire opposite (hull, beverly, goole). It was a county in it's own right for about 20years from 1974, but disbanded...sort of. It's confusing - there is still the Humberside police force and other bodies which serve both sides of the Humber (along with this region). The bits of Lincolnshire which were in Humberside never went back to Lincolnshire proper after it was disbanded - Grimsby in NE Lincolnshire (wtf name of a county is that?!), Scunthorpe is in N Lincolnshire - both in the 'Yorkshire and Humber' region, while Lincolnshire isn't, it's in the 'East Midlands'. It was a made up county, but never really has died a death despite both yorky and yellowbelly nationalists hating it. heh more than anyone wanted to know.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Didnt vote because i never organised proxy voting in time. Well annoyed the BNP got in, racism hiding behind immigration policies, fucking scumbags.

Not suprised the turnout was so low. The average joe won't know much about EU elections, if they do know their happening their not going to know who's running, what their policies are, or even what a EU MEP does.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Must say, the only political broadcast I witnessed on TV was for the BNP and the only canvassing in town was a BNP stand giving leaflets out.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Didnt vote because i never organised proxy voting in time. Well annoyed the BNP got in, racism hiding behind immigration policies, fucking scumbags.

Not suprised the turnout was so low. The average joe won't know much about EU elections, if they do know their happening their not going to know who's running, what their policies are, or even what a EU MEP does.
You had the option of sorting your postal vote months ago and now that the BNP have got seats, you're complaining about it.
By not voting for whatever reason, you accept the result by default. If you don't like it, TOUGH! You had the chance to make your opinion known and you didn't use it. You were not disenfranchised, you simply couldn't be bothered.

I voted UKIP and I'm glad that my vote contributed to kicking out a Welsh Labour MEP and putting in a UKIP MEP for the Wales region.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Well it's hard to organise when the voting card is sent to a house in another city ;)

Thankfully in London, the retard parties got few votes so i got away with it.

Also, what made you vote UKIP?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I voted for the first time in my life, i went and did it not becasue I have any strong feelings for any particular party but because I have very strong feelings against the BNP and I thought a vote against them is better than none at all.

I'd be flipping ashamed to live in an area where they got the votes tbh, I'm pretty ashamed to live in a country that has people who did vote for them actually.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
those i voted for didnt get a seat , i voted no also but in the end yes won , meager results , hoping for even less voters next time to further boost the value of my vote :)

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Well it's hard to organise when the voting card is sent to a house in another city ;)

Thankfully in London, the retard parties got few votes so i got away with it.

Also, what made you vote UKIP?
Primary reason was that they are Euro-sceptic and want to address the UK's place in the EU. Some people take that to mean they want the UK out of the EU altogether, but I take it to mean that they will work to improve the UK electorate's voice in Strasbourg. Right now, we are losing vetos and opt-outs that work well for us (think Working Time Directive). UKIP say they'll work to retain rules and directives that are good for the UK, and fight the ones that are to the detriment of the UK.
Secondary reason was because I wanted Labour out and UKIP had a realistic chance of winning a seat in Wales. I'm glad I was vindicated. :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
As they could not even be bothered to spell my name correct, i could not be bothered to vote.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
dono,

guess I'm just odd, I always vote, even if it's a blank,
imo there's no good excuse not to.

ok grandmas cat died on your safari vaccation, and your aunts house was subject to spontaneous combustion..Ok but other than that...

after all, our way of life is founded on a democratic idioligy, and at the center of that is your fundamental right to voice your opinion, well thats exactly what your doing when you cast your vote.

it's not as if your society is asking a whole damn lot of you.
but ok, if you insist on not voting, then so be it, but then dont go bitching afterwards, it's hypocritical and pathetic.

/rant off ;)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I voted for the first time in my life, i went and did it not becasue I have any strong feelings for any particular party but because I have very strong feelings against the BNP and I thought a vote against them is better than none at all.

I'd be flipping ashamed to live in an area where they got the votes tbh, I'm pretty ashamed to live in a country that has people who did vote for them actually.

If you live in the area chances are you would be voting for them anyway, i have friends who live in Dudley and most of them vote BNP and are proud of it

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In my opinion; if you vote, good for you. If you don't, fair enough, not interested, but if you don't vote you can't complain.

I don't mind people not doing something, as i often "not do" something too, but i'll be damned if i complain about things i don't even try to change.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
In my opinion; if you vote, good for you. If you don't, fair enough, not interested, but if you don't vote you can't complain.

I don't mind people not doing something, as i often "not do" something too, but i'll be damned if i complain about things i don't even try to change.

Im sure you will still complain about it, its human nature

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Im sure you will still complain about it, its human nature

If i do, i hope someone points it out.

I try my best to either A: not complain about pointless stuff/stuff i can't change B: do something about it.

When it comes to politics, well, i don't really care what happens so i don't complain :D

Though to be fair, in britain, compared to finland, politics ain't as "widespread" as a common topic.

EDIT: I would disagree on the human nature bit, but that's a whole nother can of worms(read topic) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom