EU Beta Invites on the way!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Its really a lottery, All i know is you need a good ish PC, be over 18 and not be part of any media. Anyone that falls into that group is randomly picked.

Just pray to the chaos gods, thats all you can do.

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone clarify what the criteria is for getting in this phase of beta? A mate of mine who only applied a couple of months back got his invite today, I applied I dunno exactly but pretty much day #1 that the application page went up. I built his computer and the spec is identical to mine so I don't think it can't be down to the spec or application date either or surely I would have got in ahead considering that I applied many months before he did.

Anyway, not complaining as such just a bit confused.

I've Been signed up for the Newsletter since Dec 2005, I know people with equal spec PC's in Beta, I Have a Competition Winner Beta slot (in with the first wave after beta re-launch apparently), I'm in my 30's, I'm far from being part of "the media". Yet I got no invite.

God I'm starting to hate the sound of my own "whine"

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
I've Been signed up for the Newsletter since Dec 2005, I know people with equal spec PC's in Beta, I Have a Competition Winner Beta slot (in with the first wave after beta re-launch apparently), I'm in my 30's, I'm far from being part of "the media". Yet I got no invite.

God I'm starting to hate the sound of my own "whine"

Been signed up 9 months and have a top end PC, and im abit miffed.

Tho i take my hat off to you, Id be pissed if i was you. You deserve to get the next invite, I vote you (If that was at all possible :p)

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Ive been signed up since Dec 05,cant say im not dissapointed but hey if thats all ive gotta worry about it cant all be bad, Ah well back into hybernation until May :cheers:

wutae

One of Freddy's beloved
hibernation is the best thing to do, else you gonna lose it. But on the other side, if we were actually hibernated we wouldnt be in these forums, checking for WAR status.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Once again no invite for me, but seeing as you had a 1 in 70ish chance all I can say is grats to those that got in, you certainly beat the odds.

I do agree it sucks that someone that just signed up gets in whereas someone who has been following it since the beginning doesn't.

Although we have had more chances to get in than them ;)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Although we have had more chances to get in than them ;)

Now you make it sound like we didn't "use the opportunity when it came". And not like it's alot of dumb-luck, and only GOA knows why.

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't get in, but i guess i shouldn't be sad since the game will be released soon.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't get in, but i guess i shouldn't be sad since the game will be released soon.

Well, I guess, "soon" is a relative thing. But I don't think it'll apply to the ETA of the game.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Just to point out if you signed up december 2005 your probably not signed up to the correct beta as the war-europe site didn`t open till way after that.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I do hope Guild Invites will come out next wave -.-

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Just to point out if you signed up december 2005 your probably not signed up to the correct beta as the war-europe site didn`t open till way after that.

Signed up for the newsletter 16/12/2005 when Mythic 1st acquired the license. GOA launched their site, began distributing the EU newsletter and opened the beta sign ups around the 30/05/2007. Received my Congratulations! Winner of a Warhammer Online Beta Account! e-mail on 03/10/2007. Still not in Beta.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
I guess Iain hasn't responded on this yet, because it's hard for GOA to say "Sorry, we messed up."

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I guess Iain hasn't responded on this yet, because it's hard for GOA to say "Sorry, we messed up."

Do what now? What am I supposed to respond to?

If you mean Raes not being in the beta then that's been covered already in any of the 'you will get an invite when you are eligible' replies I and various EA Mythic staff have made.

I will just add this though, you absolutely will never get a beta invite if you don't have a beta centre account.

Ever.

Even if Mark Jacobs comes around to your house and personally begs you to be in the beta, you won't get an invite unless you have a beta centre account. If you're European and EA Mythic pick you as a newsletter winner, they'll pass the details to us and if we can't match your details with an account on the war-europe site then we can't send you an invite.
I'm not saying that this is the situation for Raes (I don't have access to the database so I have no idea if he's signed up or not), but it is something that's come up already where contest winners hadn't signed up.

rynnor

Rockhound
Am I the only one who doesnt want a beta invite?

I want the game to be fresh and new when I start with my mates - I have done the beta thing before and its a real barrier if you get in and the rest dont.

Its a lot more fun to explore and discover things together - plus in most betas they wipe the chars before retail so you end up fighting the same stuff and doing the same quests a short while later unless you pick a radically different char.

Sod beta give retail! :)

Raes

Fledgling Freddie

Easy now, my post was just a reply to Case pointing out I was well aware which beta I was signed up for, nothing more. I've had a reply from Requiel in another post on the matter of competition winners not getting in. Please don't use me as a "poster boy" for disgruntled Beta applicants.

I'm signed up correctly with GOA using the same e-mail address as marketing@mythic used, etc, I've just been blowing of steam because I'd built myself up to be 99.9999% sure I'd get in this wave.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
went too far Oskorei :p

GOA dont have to answer to anyone of us, be glad that they actually do. Unlike a hell of alot of other companies.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
To be fair Oskorei be thankfull its GOA/Mythic running the game and not me because id have crossed u off beta and retail list long a go. All you do is whine and have come across in your past posts as the type of person that only wants beta so you can gain an advantage and find what class is gonna "pwn" most in retail so you can level as fast as possible to max. That doesnt help the beta much at all. These GOA people you seem so eager and happy to have a dig at are working hard all day and atleast 5 days a work trying to get this game ready for retail. Yet despite all the hard work they still have to come home and read snide and impatient remarks of someone that is acting like they lost thier dummy. Its not constructive critisim its just plain childish impatience. Im 100% sure if you had got a beta spot ages ago you wouldnt be here defending the rest that hadnt. I can tell already you the type of person to not care what me or anyone else thinks so ill do next best thing and remeber your name for when we go retail and make you my characters favourite target dummy.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
Signed up for the newsletter 16/12/2005 when Mythic 1st acquired the license. GOA launched their site, began distributing the EU newsletter and opened the beta sign ups around the 30/05/2007. Received my Congratulations! Winner of a Warhammer Online Beta Account! e-mail on 03/10/2007. Still not in Beta.

As far as I was aware if you had signed up to the Newsletter in the first instance you were automatically put into the beta draw pool and there was no need to register again :eek7:. If this isnt the case I may just have to bang my head against my new keyboard until the STUPID falls out hehe.

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
As far as I was aware if you had signed up to the Newsletter in the first instance you were automatically put into the beta draw pool and there was no need to register again :eek7:. If this isnt the case I may just have to bang my head against my new keyboard until the STUPID falls out hehe.

You can receive the newsletter and not be signed up for the Beta, as Requiel has said just because your name is picked in the random selection every month from newsletter subscriptions, if you are not registered (uncheck the "I do not wish to apply for beta" box) for beta, the data base wont send you an email or activate your Beta account. I think its even possible to sign up for the Beta and choose to not receive the Newsletter, but then your only chance would to be randomly generate the invites.

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
You can receive the newsletter and not be signed up for the Beta, as Requiel has said just because your name is picked in the random selection every month from newsletter subscriptions, if you are not registered (uncheck the "I do not wish to apply for beta" box) for beta, the data base wont send you an email or activate your Beta account. I think its even possible to sign up for the Beta and choose to not receive the Newsletter, but then your only chance would to be randomly generate the invites.

Thanks Raes, Pheeuw! thats as I though I must have check 1000 times that the "I do not wish to apply for the beta" was unchecked over the passed year :) but alas! thanks again :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
If you mean Raes not being in the beta then that's been covered already in any of the 'you will get an invite when you are eligible' replies I and various EA Mythic staff have made.

From those replies I concluded Raes had exactly what was needed to be invited to beta, especially compared to other people who did get in with seemingly the same specs except they haven't won a beta spot in a competition. But I guess I concluded wrong.

Further more, yes, I might be 'whining', but I think I'm just being honest about my feelings concerning all of this. I've explained alot why I think and feel like this, and if you feel you're not getting my point, I'll be happy to elaborate.

Raes said:
Easy now, my post was just a reply to Case pointing out I was well aware which beta I was signed up for, nothing more. I've had a reply from Requiel in another post on the matter of competition winners not getting in. Please don't use me as a "poster boy" for disgruntled Beta applicants.

Sorry, didn't want people to think you're the poster boy here. But I guess it's obvious that's me ;)

Talivar said:
These GOA people you seem so eager and happy to have a dig at are working hard all day and atleast 5 days a work trying to get this game ready for retail. Yet despite all the hard work they still have to come home and read snide and impatient remarks of someone that is acting like they lost thier dummy.

Oh really? What hard work? I don't see any of it. I might be a whiner, you are a suck-up. And I know it's not their fault; it's the delay coming from EA Mythic. We all know it's for the best of the game, but they might set a world record on a delayed game here. If they're going for beating WoW, they at least already succeeded in the delay-categorie.

And I know it sounds like "Boo-hoo, I want my game now! I wanna playplayplay." but that's something that I look forward to after a long day of hard work, where I do meet my deadlines.

The only thing I've implied, was that it looks infair to me that Raes didn't get an invite. Yes, also from whatever replies you ever gave Iain. It just seems more like a lottery now: don't even bother with the competitions, you'll just have to wait.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
WoW was delayed for a few years if im remebering right. Most MMOs nowadays dont meet there initial deadlines its just part of MMO life lol. And i have no reason to suck up at all.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
And i have no reason to suck up at all.
So don't.

Anyway, WoW was first to be an adventure, comic style, like Monkey Island 3, iirc. But when they announced it to be an MMORPG, the delays weren't as bad as WAR's delays now. But that's not really the point here.

The point here was: I was expressing my surprise that Raes with his specs didn't get in beta. And then the ball started rolling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom