EU Beta Invites on the way!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
News link

Now to forestall the inevitable questions:
  • No this isn't the guild beta. We'll be announcing that specifically when it happens - as in 'Here is the Guild Beta. Hurray!'
  • Although we've only announced one invite wave and the US has announced several, ours is about the same as the combined US invite totals.
  • The invites haven't gone out yet, we're sending them out early next week. We want to make sure that all our existing beta testers have a chance to get the client first before we add a few thousand more to the mix..
  • If you don't get an email, you can still see if you're in by logging into the war-europe website. If you are invited the NDA will pop up. You cannot miss it.

I'll be seeing some of you in the beta soon!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Iain once again for your great work, Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Tho i do feel it was abit unfair how Mythic sent there invites out and how much stick and pressure you got from the pubic about no EU invites.

And ill start praying for an invite for next week ;)

angrymoon

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think this old heap of crap will get me my ticket...oh well, building a beast soon ;)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Better check my spamfilter then but i wont hold my hopes up... :/

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Just out of curiosity. How many people are in beta now and how many will the wave invite? Or is that something you're not allowed to say, Iain?

IainC

I can't give total numbers for the beta but next week's wave will add several thousand to it. We have done several waves as big as or bigger than this in the past so this one isn't particularly unusual.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Heh, good thing I just updated my profile with the dxdiag info of my new pc ;)

Now off to sacrifice several small animals to the gaming gods....

Bourlog

Fledgling Freddie
Finally! :D
Only think to do now is to sit back and hope for the best ;)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
if i get one, it'll give my secondary pc (XP4000+/6800GT SLI/3GB RAM/XP Pro) its first action in a couple of months as it's been on my other desk since it was superseded by a newer and faster one.

My newer faster one (Q6600 oc'd to 3.2GHz/8800GTX/3GB RAM) unfortunately has vista on it which isn't allowed take part in the beta action yet so the old one still has some life in it yet. :)

Raes

Fledgling Freddie
Great news Iain, thanks for the heads up.

Just a matter of crossing fingers and getting blind drunk for 2-3 days to make it pass quicker.

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
sounds ike a plan

apart from me being ill anyway it sounded like a idea.. maybe some strong stuff for the troat :drink:

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
woot, tis good news to hear....

If i'm really lucky, i will win the £95million euro lotto, and get into beta :)

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
woot, tis good news to hear....

If i'm really lucky, i will win the £95million euro lotto, and get into beta :)

If you only win the lottery. Im sure you could use it to get yourself a BETA invite.

"Iain drives to work in his new Ferrari"

Spongey

Fledgling Freddie
nah just get the best comp on the market then bribe GOA for an invite or "Donate" a large sum of money
im waiting out on a miracle for a beta =]:worthy:

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
Does it matter how many times you update your profile and how many fansites youre active on when they invite you to beta?

My computer is brand new and i log in from time to time on the official EU site, but i havent got an invite... Yet...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome, now all we need is the NDA lifted and we can all enjoy the endless QQ spam threads from those selected to "beta test" (read: play a semi-finished product for free and then whinge about it in an uninformed manner following 10 minutes of "play").

I'd like to see NDA extended all the way to release, the pointless whine threads are inevitable, tediously predictable and generally unproductive.

Gag them all imo, let those few beta testers who are there to actually test the game and report bugs in the hope of improving the game come release have some peace. Hopefully this might allow the beta to achieve its aims and the entire playerbase will be the more appreciative when the product is finally released with less bugs.

But who am i kidding, let the whine fest begin!!

T

tim1983

if i get one, it'll give my secondary pc (XP4000+/6800GT SLI/3GB RAM/XP Pro) its first action in a couple of months as it's been on my other desk since it was superseded by a newer and faster one.

My newer faster one (Q6600 oc'd to 3.2GHz/8800GTX/3GB RAM) unfortunately has vista on it which isn't allowed take part in the beta action yet so the old one still has some life in it yet. :)

*crys out in horror*

Beta not compatible with vista?:eek7: is this true? anybody got a link where they are stating this?.. that means i cant get in :(

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Its not true, I read ages ago sum1 say on another forum that a few of his friends got into BETA using Vista

IainC

Vista is a supported OS. A long time ago, it wasn't but pretty early on in the process that changed.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Vista is a supported OS. A long time ago, it wasn't but pretty early on in the process that changed.

Thanks for the info... after reading the previous post I changed my dxdiag info to a XP export just to be sure :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom