England Vs Portugal

Marc

FH is my second home
Lamp posted this in the other thread

These drunken yobbo English football fans are the worst behaved bunch of retarted xenophobic lobotomised hooligan scumbags in the world

Bullshit. I think you will find the english fans are small fry compared to the germans, Polish and even the dutch. Its just we have more fans present at these tournaments. if you look at arrests in relation to number of fans I bet you we would be near the bottom. When was the last time you heard of english fans taking tasar guns, samauri swords and machetes to these tournaments? When was the last time an english fan stabbed another fan to death? English fans are the loudest of them all, we are the most patriotic and the police forces are scared of this because of the reputation we have.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Watch the video. The ref gives a free kick and thats it! He just stands over the player with his arm out. He wanst even going to brandish a card until that r****t ronaldo got involved. I wouldnt mind but we should have had a free kick! If it was any other european player, he would of gone down but Rooney is english and just wants to get on with it rather than fall down like hes been shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjCneugi52s&search=Wayne Rooney sent off

To be honest, having watched that a few times, I disagree. The ref clearly only moved (and moved quickly) when Rooney pushed Ronaldo. Doubt he'd have given a card for something he didn't previously see without consulting anyone else. It was a card for pushing.

Can understand him being a bit frustrated, as there were 2-3 tackles on him in that video clip alone that could have been easily given as fouls. However good he is, though, if you have temper problems like that, you'll be a liability.

Rooney was clearly off balance when he 'stamped', as it's tricky to keep your balance when someone is deliberately hooking their leg round your trailing knee.

Darzil

Marc

FH is my second home
Darzil said:
To be honest, having watched that a few times, I disagree. The ref clearly only moved (and moved quickly) when Rooney pushed Ronaldo. Doubt he'd have given a card for something he didn't previously see without consulting anyone else. It was a card for pushing.

Can understand him being a bit frustrated, as there were 2-3 tackles on him in that video clip alone that could have been easily given as fouls. However good he is, though, if you have temper problems like that, you'll be a liability.

Rooney was clearly off balance when he 'stamped', as it's tricky to keep your balance when someone is deliberately hooking their leg round your trailing knee.

Darzil

But the ref has said, the red card was for the stamp. I agree, it was hardly a stamp Darzil. Something isnt right. If the card was for the stamp, why not issue it straight away?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
But the ref has said, the red card was for the stamp. I agree, it was hardly a stamp Darzil. Something isnt right. If the card was for the stamp, why not issue it straight away?

it looked to me as the ref changed" his mind when rooney pushed ronaldo. personally i hate ronaldo and all his football/personality stands for( hate is a strong word..i dont mean it that harsh). arrogant and cant take a hit without looking as if there is a sniper in the crowd. But then again rooney is a talent but with a hooligans temper, he will never be a really sucsessfull football player if he cant learn how to control his temper imo.

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Kind of reminds me of another young English player who got sent off after 'losing his temper' .... he was the villain of the century back then too, and was accused of costing England the match at the time.....

..... then he became captain and all was wonderful again :p

To be honest, this whole thing will probably make Rooney into a better player. Nothing matures a player quite so much as facing the wrath of a nation.

I'd LOVE to hear Alex Ferguson's take on the whole thing though.... that's gonna be one funny dressing room at Old Trafford in a few months..

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh after seeing the vid, it seems the ref wasnt even to show a yellow card...

besides, it doesnt seem red to me... tough luck for England

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Just seen on Sky news in the pub that Roon and Ron have spoken on the phone and apparently everythings been cleared up between them. Sven reckons England aren't ready "yet" but sayd England have one of the best squads in the world.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I think I prefer that take I heard on teh radio this morning...

Rooney apparently trying to get into the Portugese dressing room after the match to have a 'chat'...

It was claimed Rooney wanted to 'rip him in half' and was refusing to ever play in the same side with Ronaldo again...

Now, a cynical side in me has started to wonder if this is all because Ronaldo wants to go play in Spain with Real Madrid but figured ManU would never sell him... Solution: Cause so much friction between himself and ManU's key player that they have no choice but to part with him...

Oh well, let him go, perhaps he'll rot over there on the bench... At least Beckham could have a nice 'chat' with him there :)

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
The argentine plotters win again.... Rooney deserved that red card, yes the portugise did alot of diving but in the end. England can only blame itself for hiring a magnitude twat like svennis...

Wtf was crouch doing at vm? he might be tall and stuff.... but OMFG some of my friends play better than him... he got technique like a wandering stick.

shame i really hoped England would go all ze way :( kickass squad if u ask me

ps.... cant wait for the aftermath of Ronaldos return to the red queers.... gotta be trouble :flame:

Marc

FH is my second home
Dakkath said:
Now, a cynical side in me has started to wonder if this is all because Ronaldo wants to go play in Spain with Real Madrid but figured ManU would never sell him... Solution: Cause so much friction between himself and ManU's key player that they have no choice but to part with him...

Exactly what I said after it happened. Funny thing is though, the guy running for the real madrid presidentship, who wanted to take Ronaldo to real madrid has lost haha and the guy who has won isnt interested in Ronaldo! So it looks like hes stuck in manchester!! Once Juve and AC get relegated because of the match fixing scandal, I would imagine most of the top clubs will be looking at their players to buy, so Ronaldo will probably be left on the shelf <o/

Why would you want to sign Ronaldo for £15 million when you could get Nedved for half that?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
griralith said:
The argentine plotters win again.... Rooney deserved that red card, yes the portugise did alot of diving but in the end. England can only blame itself for hiring a magnitude twat like svennis...

Wtf was crouch doing at vm? he might be tall and stuff.... but OMFG some of my friends play better than him... he got technique like a wandering stick.

shame i really hoped England would go all ze way :( kickass squad if u ask me

ps.... cant wait for the aftermath of Ronaldos return to the red queers.... gotta be trouble :flame:

lol...did you watch the portugal/england game:p??
Think crouch was brilliant and i think many agree with that tbh.
on the other hand im not to keen on him...but i dont think you have many other choises as subs^^ imo...

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
on the other hand im not to keen on him...but i dont think you have many other choises as subs^^ imo...

Ebe aren't you happy for me?

gona cry now ;)

Portugal won because Ricardo defended 3 penalties, not because Rooney was sent off.

I dont believe you guys watched the same game as i did. Portugal didnt played what they know, without Deco or costinha that was expected.

Penalties lottery went to portugal like in euro 2004.
Better luck next time.

Get over it, rooney and ronaldo are just kids, they dont deserve this kind of agression from the holligans. Yes holligans, that can't accept the teams loses.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Forfid said:
Ebe aren't you happy for me?

gona cry now ;)

Portugal won because Ricardo defended 3 penalties, not because Rooney was sent off.

I dont believe you guys watched the same game as i did. Portugal didnt played what they know, without Deco or costinha that was expected.

Penalties lottery went to portugal like in euro 2004.
Better luck next time.

Get over it, rooney and ronaldo are just kids, they dont deserve this kind of agression from the holligans. Yes holligans, that can't accept the teams loses.

hehe...i like the portuguise team that won in past and i think they are still good:) But as the game turned out i was actualy more on the english side...it felt really sad for them to loose when they fought so bravely:) But football isnt like that...its a lot of luck and the bigger teams( italy and so on) always seem to have that extra luck.
Anyhow....my prediction is germany wins:p
eb.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:

excuse me but.... when was crouch brilliant? and regarding the replacements i think if u look through premiership ull find alot of young very talented strikers, who could just as well have got the chance instead.... imo

Lethul

FH is my second home
funneh, i seem to remember that when Owen got hurt there was alot of people here going "finally we will plat 4-5-1 !!!11"... and now must people whine at sven for playing that :worthy:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
funneh, i seem to remember that when Owen got hurt there was alot of people here going "finally we will plat 4-5-1 !!!11"... and now must people whine at sven for playing that :worthy:

People blaming Sven are missing the point and quite often just doing it because he's foreign. Would playing 442 against Portugal (given that Owen was injured and it would have meant Crouch or Walcott with Rooney) have guaranteed victory? No. Would taking Jermain Defoe and playing him with Rooney have guaranteed victory? No. Would anything that Sven did have made a difference to why we actually went out? No. We are out because Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher missed their penalties. Despite practising them every day. Blaming Eriksson is easy - the reality is that 3 English players bottled it when it came to penalties. I can't blame them for that - atleast they went up there and took them. But when you see the belief the Germans have when they take their penalties then you see it's about attitude - not tactics, formation or squad selection.

Oh and Ronaldo is still a ****. :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
People blaming Sven are missing the point and quite often just doing it because he's foreign. Would playing 442 against Portugal (given that Owen was injured and it would have meant Crouch or Walcott with Rooney) have guaranteed victory? No. Would taking Jermain Defoe and playing him with Rooney have guaranteed victory? No. Would anything that Sven did have made a difference to why we actually went out? No. We are out because Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher missed their penalties. Despite practising them every day. Blaming Eriksson is easy - the reality is that 3 English players bottled it when it came to penalties. I can't blame them for that - atleast they went up there and took them. But when you see the belief the Germans have when they take their penalties then you see it's about attitude - not tactics, formation or squad selection.

Oh and Ronaldo is still a ****. :p

Thing is, bad tactical decisions was a part of it.. with rooney on field i feel we would have one it during normal play.

However, the sending off, however wrong it was, was due to rooney being frustrated. He was frustrated because he was upfront on his own. He wasnt receiving the ball and getting more pissed off. The few times he did get it he couldnt do a thing as no support. This led to him coming back to get the ball and lashing out at ronaldo when the twat tried and succeeded in getting him a card.

Rooney is still a young lad, any young footballer losers their temper if things are being fucked up for them through entire game. Yes he should know better then to push someone but then that isnt the point. Tactics were our downfall. with 1 forward we rarely made a chance, with 2 we made a lot even if we wasted it... makes me laugh though, Sven has said "Defoe isnt up to the level needed for international football" but wtf is Walcott that never played in a high league let alone international Oo oO

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I can't blame them for that - atleast they went up there and took them. But when you see the belief the Germans have when they take their penalties then you see it's about attitude - not tactics, formation or squad selection.

I think the english "weakness" in penalties has become some sort of phantom that´s burned in the mind of every player. Lampard, Gerrard and Carragher are all able to shoot just as good as any other player. But with the psychological block of England having a long history of lost penalty shootouts, they´re cramped. Maybe that´s a bold statement, but I say that as soon as England will WIN one important penalty shooting, the faith and confidence is back.
There´s no other explanation for the dreadful statistics imo.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Thing is, bad tactical decisions was a part of it..

Don't get me wrong, I don't think tactically Eriksson was bold enough either here or in past tournaments. In extra time we were holding them defensively - with 15 minutes of extra time left, penalties looming, I would have loved him to see him pull Walcott up, tell him to go and win us the game and thrown him on with nothing to lose. That kind of bold move is what can win tournaments. But it's this idea that it's all Eriksson's fault we are out (which some in the media and public put forward) which is flawed. I would have put my mortgage on Gerrard scoring his penalty. If he scored we were ahead and the pressure is all on Portugal. He misses and the whole thing swings back their way. Carragher then misses his retake, Ronaldo scores and we're going home. That's the sad reality of it.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Watch the video. The ref gives a free kick and thats it! He just stands over the player with his arm out. He wanst even going to brandish a card until that r****t ronaldo got involved. I wouldnt mind but we should have had a free kick! If it was any other european player, he would of gone down but Rooney is english and just wants to get on with it rather than fall down like hes been shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjCneugi52s&search=Wayne Rooney sent off

Dont you know that the referee's had a comunication system?
why blaming ronaldo for it? maybe it was the 4th referee that pointed to the card or even the side referee.

tbh blaming ronaldo is just bullshit. In my eyes portugal completly dominated england aside of a few off area kicks england didnt produce anything that could danger Ricardo's nets. On the other hand Portugal ofensive moves were a lot more involving all the team EVEN THO DECO AND COSTINHA werent there. Portugal defended brillantly as a block the team is very united.

The best TEAM won, not the team with more "stars".

I dont understand why people are complaining about Portugal playeres atitude. Have you seen Angola - Portugal match? More like a "hit the duck" from the african players, and Portugal vs iran? iran players kicking figo in the face and not even a faul taken. Maybe portuguese players are fedded up of being badly treated over the years and are paying back in the same coin. We had a lot of situations that keeped pushing back our team in the big pitches.

Don't you know Ricardo Carvalho from chelsea? dont you know Figo from barcelona and Real Madrid? dont you know Deco from Porto and Barcelona? Dont you know Pauleta from Bordeus and PSG? Dont you know Simao Sabrosa from Benfica? Dont you know Ricardo from Sporting? Dont you know Maniche from Porto? Dont you know... the list go on.

now i'm telling you all a secret:

the spinal structure of portuguese team was made by Mourinho in F.C. PORTO when he won uefa cup and then the champions league and euro cup and international cup.

You might not know but some players of portugal were World Champions in sub-21 WC in 1992 leaded by Carlos Queiros. Figo is the only one left of that team now. Representing The Golden Boys has they were called then, they never won anything as A-Team.

My point is: I like to see portugal team win and even tho they are continuing being underestimated. feels so good to shut up the mouth or watch the complaints of others tryinig to arrage excuses.

xang tsu said: "dont underestimate the enemy"

Corran

Part of the furniture
Forfid said:
why blaming ronaldo for it? maybe it was the 4th referee that pointed to the card or even the side referee.

tbh blaming ronaldo is just bullshit. In my eyes portugal completly dominated england aside of a few off area kicks england didnt produce anything that could danger Ricardo's nets. On the other hand Portugal ofensive moves were a lot more involving all the team EVEN THO DECO AND COSTINHA werent there. Portugal defended brillantly as a block the team is very united.

I dont understand why people are complaining about Portugal playeres atitude. Have you seen Angola - Portugal match? More like a "hit the duck" from the african players, and Portugal vs iran? iran players kicking figo in the face and not even a faul taken. Maybe portuguese players are fedded up of being badly treated over the years and are paying back in the same coin. We had a lot of situations that keeped pushing back our team in the big pitches.

Don't you know Ricardo Carvalho from chelsea? dont you know Figo from barcelona and Real Madrid? dont you know Deco from Porto and Barcelona? Dont you know Pauleta from Bordeus and PSG? Dont you know Simao Sabrosa from Benfica? Dont you know Ricardo from Sporting? Dont you know Maniche from Porto? Dont you know... the list go on.

the spinal structure of portuguese team was made by Mourinho in F.C. PORTO when he won uefa cup and then the champions league and euro cup and international cup.

You might not know but some players of portugal were World Champions in sub-21 WC in 1992 leaded by Carlos Queiros. Figo is the only one left of that team now. Representing The Golden Boys has they were called then, they never won anything as A-Team.

My point is: I like to see portugal team win and even tho they are continuing being underestimated. feels so good to shut up the mouth or watch the complaints of others tryinig to arrage excuses.

Just a point about the start.. the 4th official is just basically a spectator in general. Football doesnt use video replays for any reason. Why do you think there all the fuss about penalties that not, free kicks that should be penalties, balls that crossed line but goal not given etc etc.

It down to the ref and his 2 assistants. The 4th official controls the dugouts, technical box and subs/time added on. That is about it.

OH!!!!!

And just for a point..

PORTUGAL .. .EURO 2000 (i believe)....

If you really want to know about bad behaviour and sore losers look into that.

I give you a headstart.

Portugal vs France.

Golden goal was inforce during extra time

penalty given by the linesman

Clear penalty but portugal disagree

Zidane scores.

The players and coaching staff ASSUALT the officials. Including Hugh Dallas who was just trying to calm the situation. He was the 4th official iirc and he had to protect the linesman. Both him, the linesman and the other officials were brusied and cut from the attacks. Matters got alot worse but the officials managed to get into the tunnel where the police protected them.

3 players of portugal suspended just for that instance alone. Weeks and weeks there was investigation into it whilst the portugese continued to give abuse out about it.

But i wont say any more about it!

polza

Loyal Freddie
Forfid said:

The best ACTORS won, not the team with more "stars" who played better

lol we where playing better than you 11v11 then 10v11 we outplayed u even more, only once did portugal even semi look like scoring was when Robinson palmed away a shot, ur defence was given trouble by a 2nd rate crouch and lennon. final possesion i think was 51% portugal and with a one man adv. for over 1/2 the game thats pathetic.

All you won at was acting, and thats all ur players ever had done was same as euro 2004. and what has Portugals under 21s witch figo is only one left from, no relevance at all. Ricardo Carvalho he does atleast seem willing to throw himself in the way to block stuff. Figo yes WAS a great player and used to like him but his behaviour against Holland was pathetic. Deco is decent but is just as bad as Ronaldo for diving on the floor when the wind blows to strong. Simao not seen play, Pauleta only time ive seen him was in prem where he was complete waste of money. Ricardo yes ino Ricardo sum flashy git that fell on floor when england scored in euro and got goal dissaloud, Maniche also failed to impress in prem but finished well against holland.

ur not underestimated every1 knows Portugal can play football but they prefer to dive and cheat their way.

Marc

FH is my second home
Forfid said:

There is no such thing as a "4th referee", its a 4th official. He is not allowed to tell the ref anything. His job is to monitor the subs made, hold up the board indicating how many minutes of injury time and finally, to take the refs place should he get injured.

As for the rest of your post, the best team did not win at all

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
calm down guys, this is starting to smell and it's going no where

my opinion: It shouldn't be a red car, if I was the ref I would show a yellow card to both, rooney and ronaldo...

the ref commited a mistake, after all we are humans, right?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Thorondorito said:
calm down guys, this is starting to smell and it's going no where

my opinion: It shouldn't be a red car, if I was the ref I would show a yellow card to both, rooney and ronaldo...

the ref commited a mistake, after all we are humans, right?

Aye the ref fucked up.. i would be forgiving on this instance if

1) Ronaldo told the truth - he has lied constantly to the press. Rooney has not been in contact then the single text message ferguson made him send. They are not best of friends as Ronaldo said, and he didnt wish him good luck in rest. Closer to what Rooney actually said is " The only hatchet i want to bury is into his head"

2) The ref admits he made a mistake instead of constantly insisting he was right. But he a biased argentine. A country that has stated they put more faith in sly and stealthy tactics (and refered to diving etc) to win then they do to getting somewhere with hard work.

Everz

FH is my second home
Forfid said:

dont you know i dont care?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
Thing is, bad tactical decisions was a part of it.. with rooney on field i feel we would have one it during normal play.

However, the sending off, however wrong it was, was due to rooney being frustrated. He was frustrated because he was upfront on his own. He wasnt receiving the ball and getting more pissed off. The few times he did get it he couldnt do a thing as no support. This led to him coming back to get the ball and lashing out at ronaldo when the twat tried and succeeded in getting him a card.

Rooney is still a young lad, any young footballer losers their temper if things are being fucked up for them through entire game. Yes he should know better then to push someone but then that isnt the point. Tactics were our downfall. with 1 forward we rarely made a chance, with 2 we made a lot even if we wasted it... makes me laugh though, Sven has said "Defoe isnt up to the level needed for international football" but wtf is Walcott that never played in a high league let alone international Oo oO

dont agree with that at all. Svens tactics took you to quarters finals no matter how boring you think the gameplay was, and in that quarter final you played very good....one of the top players on the field was hargreaves which everyone but sven thought wasnt suppose to be playing at all. Lennon that he took in also produced alot. So what went wrong in that game...first rooney that cant keep his cool and nothing sven can be blamed for lol. he shouldnt have to create a setup to please rooney so he doesnt blow a fuse, thats something young rooney have to learn by himself^^. Last reason was ofc penalties...something english supporters, the players themself and english press are to blame for.
over and out..

Lethul

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
dont agree with that at all. Svens tactics took you to quarters finals no matter how boring you think the gameplay was, and in that quarter final you played very good....one of the top players on the field was hargreaves which everyone but sven thought wasnt suppose to be playing at all. Lennon that he took in also produced alot. So what went wrong in that game...first rooney that cant keep his cool and nothing sven can be blamed for lol. he shouldnt have to create a setup to please rooney so he doesnt blow a fuse, thats something young rooney have to learn by himself^^. Last reason was ofc penalties...something english supporters, the players themself and english press are to blame for.
over and out..

wise words :england:

:flame:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
A soccer player shall have nothing to say about how the referee will brandish his cards.

A soccer player shall not make a difference in the way a referee judge a situation.

I've seen it happen lots of times, and if a referee gets affected by a player then he might as well just retire as he's not fit for the job.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:
A soccer player shall have nothing to say about how the referee will brandish his cards.

A soccer player shall not make a difference in the way a referee judge a situation.

I've seen it happen lots of times, and if a referee gets affected by a player then he might as well just retire as he's not fit for the job.

Seen the reports from some the top referees in the world? Including a certain referee who was head of the referee comitee for the last world cup. Turned around and said this world cup has been a joke and alot of it is FIFA's fault for telling them to do things and not let them use judgement anymore.

That said. Tonights referee was good. Seems to have ignored alot of the fifa ideals for this world cup and the players seemed to respect that. The diving was so limited because he ignored them it was funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom