[WITCH ELF] End-game Specs

Afran

Part of the furniture
So I've been looking quite deep into what the most optimum mastery and tactic choices are going to be for endgame pvp, and this is the best one I've come up with:

Witch Elf Career Builder - Warhammer Online

This gives you Feinted Positioning on a 20s Cooldown, which means 50% uptime (10s Buff/20s CD) allowing you to make use of the Flanking tactic without the positional requirement, I think Sharpened Edge procs on the 1st hit of Ruthless Assault but I've not confirmed that yet, so that would be -75% armor for the next 5 attacks and Kiss of Doom proves to be very useful on not only Kiss of Death but also Agony. This is the spec I'll be trying when I get to 40, and in theory it seems very nice.

Anyone else got any trees built yet? :)

ileks

Part of the furniture
I will be going for the 3 second stun rear positional myself. Similar spec to you, but ditching pierce armour for the stun. Will be nice to use with feinted positioning if a WP is about to cast a heal etc.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I will wait you guys find a fotm spec before i choose one :D

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Nice try, but you don't seem to have bought any of the path-specific abilites.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I'm tempted by this:

It's mainly for killing tanks, mainly because there seem to be a lot of them.
I may also be able to get 2s further away after stealthing to and killing the enemy healer/BW with On Your Knees.

And this:
The idea being to shut received healing down and use the For the Hag Queen stun.

I know I won't be getting Elixir of Blades. It's fun in PVE but I just switched to Elixir of Insane Power and that's great for PVP. I use that and Slice, then switch on Feinted Positioning and use Agonising Wound. I'm r26, rr21 atm and am going to continue with armour reduction. Once I get to 30, Swift Movements is going to come in handy.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Cauldron Elixir is just too good to miss out on imo

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I know its yet to be seen what the cookie cutter spec will be for PVP, although the suffering path, for its anti healing debuff capability, and treachery for the CoB (Cauldron of blood) and swift movements combined with heartseeker for the anytime stun, should be able to deal with most squishys.

carnage path seems to be the PVE and leveling path.

:m00:

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
If you look at the Core Abilities for each path they give a flavour of each:

Carnage is the tank-killing, frontline melee path with the armour reducing abilities - remember this means everyone hitting them will benefit. It's also about burst dps (i.e. using Slice over Envenomed Blade). Ruthless Assault is the big dps finisher, not much use for fleeing mages but ideal for cocky tanks, especially ones with reduced armour. Good for single target PVE.

Suffering is anti-healing and anti-healed. There's also nice burst dps with Witchbrew - max out your frenzy, drink the brew, then unleash. Ideally you'll be using Envenomed Blade and Enfeebling Strike with this for the bonus. I'd say this was good for PVE as well as PVP, especially against multiple enemies, Elixir of Blades is great in PVE but not PVP.

Treachery seems like a combo of the two although there are a few AP draining abilities thrown in. You can stun, you can disrupt magic and Throat Slitter is also in this path too. I'm not so sure about this one - CC path perhaps?

So it depends who you want to kill and how you want to do it. I know a lot of squishies assume they're going to die when I run at them and a lot of tanks think I'll be an easy kill just by the way they move on the battlefield. With Carnage I still kill an isolated ranged dps AND I kill tanks but... if I was only going after mages/healers then I'd make my life much easier and drop Carnage.

Afran

Part of the furniture
You can't completely put a tree down as being built for a single purpose, if you were to spec fully one in tree it doesn't mean you're going to excel at any one thing, such as speccing full Carnage. Most of the top abilities in each tree are basically useless, which opens up (imo, a good thing) a lot more windows for viable spec choices, my build is focused around being viable for both solo and group/raid RvR and also being decent at PvE; the armor reduction from Pierce Armor is very nice in PvE but I also find it a nice dps increase in PvP, it's a higher base dam than Slice and since any Kiss is considered an Ailment, can get that armor debuff up pretty quickly :)

ileks

Part of the furniture
Do you think us WE's will get groups at level 40 BTW? Or will we be more like stealthers in daoc? (solo/stealth group only)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I can see WE fit in groups at 40, the debuff abilitys or antihealing abilitys can be a very nice addon on a melee train or even as MA. Ofc marauders can do better this job, but i'm too far from 40 to be sure. I know if i decide to kill, very fast, a caster and some healing classes atm, i will successed 90% of the times.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Do you think us WE's will get groups at level 40 BTW? Or will we be more like stealthers in daoc? (solo/stealth group only)

most likely in PVP will see them grouped together in a warband for haressing squishys, in keep warfare dont think it matters that much, plus teh very nature of WE means they will be out of LOS a lot.

:m00:

Afran

Part of the furniture
Based on current experiences, I'd say a Witch Elf would work well along side a Marauder in a melee focused FG, not really for the healing debuff on an assist train (as is nature with a melee group) as a Marauder has 25-75% -healing debuff depending on spec and can keep it up full time, but more for the armor debuff and almost equal DPS. Obviously can't confirm this until I'm 40, and the game has balanced out some more with more people hitting 40.. There's no guaranateed certaintity for much in RvR at the moment.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
I agree that the top tree abilities aren't that great and that paths aren't single purpose but carnage is very good at dealing with melee with the anti-armour and parry stuff. Those abilities aren't going to be as useful for killing mages.

It's good that respeccing is not too expensive and I urge everyone to try and find what suits their style of play :)

The endgame stuff is why I'm thinking more about frontline melee. This is where I'm going to get heals and can do crazy damage. I could stealth to their rear and kill a mage but I'd be dead and forgotten about in no time. It would be pretty fun to take a party of Witch Elves behind enemy lines and really disrupt their healing though. Not high enough to try Pick Lock yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom