[ZEALOT] healing spec help

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
been fiddling around with zealot for a while, shelved it to lvl my BG, but contemplating playing it more -if- i can find a good overall healing spec.

any thoughts or suggestions ? seems whatever you spec in, is detrimental to something else :(

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
You're pretty much right that Zealot's don't have particularly good tree's, out of which Witchcraft is probably the least impressive.

Not sure what kind of advice you're looking for.. levelling up in PVE is painful solo as any healer I think as your DPS output is pretty poor compared to all the other classes. T1-T2 RVR is fun, and even after then a zealot is pretty tough to kill.. but you'll probably not be soloing many people unless they're AFK or your opponent starves to death at the keyboard while you whittle them down ;)

Saying that witchcraft is bad.. I started off by loving the concept of the WC tree - lots of HoTs/DoTs and the ability to play in a pretty mobile way - so levelled to 40 with it. It's not bad for T1-T2 RVR as damage hasn't outpaced healing so much.. but by T3 you start to notice that you can't keep people up with Dark Medicine (post nerf version, pre nerf was good) + Tzeentch's Cordial.. and then by T4 you really need a decent heavy hitting heal.

I've respecced 15/3/3 Alch/WC/DR now for RVR at 40, and find it works quite well. You can't keep people up who are being focussed, but then I don't think any single healer can.. Although it's nice to drop 2.3k+ crit Elixir heals on people :)

I've grabbed Ritual of Innervation and Aethryic Shock (3 sec stun is good for stopping runners, dismounting people or giving you a second or two grace to get a heal off) from the alch tree and have gone far enough to grab the first tactic in each of the WC and DR tree's.. Turning our 5 sec silence into an AOE silence is great for pushes and confined spaces and I like having the armour + corp resist debuff on Demonic Spittle as well. I usually slot discipline, blessings of chaos, lashing waves and sweeping disgorgment as my tactics for RVR

For PVE, I sometimes respec 15DR/10alch for better AOE heals on some boss fights (Our shaman's have more willpower than me, so they stick to single target healing the tank while I keep everyone else alive with Dust).. and some combo of that would probably work quite well for keep attacks where you're basically just spamming Dust of Pandemonium and Leaping Alteration to keep tanks alive while they push up to the lord room.

Suffice to say though, if you're running with the zerg or with PuGs, playing a healer can be frustrating.. if you're running with guildies it can be lots of fun.

Whew, turned into a bit of an essay.. hope the rambling was a bit useful anyway :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Interesting. I've been dusting off my ickle zealot a bit lately.

Finding it very painful to level even compared to Magus pre-Magus-lovin'.

Mabs

ta muchly for the input Thrildif

Interesting. I've been dusting off my ickle zealot a bit lately.

Finding it very painful to level even compared to Magus pre-Magus-lovin'.

aye tell me about it , got mine to 34 pretty much solo then pettered out :/

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
aye tell me about it , got mine to 34 pretty much solo then pettered out :/

I run PQ bashing sessions for our alliance every week or so - we do the Ch20 PQs upwards then maybe some BS dungeoneering to help our various peeps xp a bit. I know you messaged me the other night but I can't remember the name of your toon <blushes>

Poke me in game and I'll give you a shout next time we go out to bash mobs en masse.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I think I'm going to die before my zealot reaches 40.

Mabs

I think I'm going to die before my zealot reaches 40.

hehe know how u feel

i rerolled a blackguard, best fun ever :D
now thats in the 3-day-wait doing T2 pve dungeons decided to dust off the old zealot

rage quit is so "now" ;)

Thrildif

Fledgling Freddie
Just think of the uncontrolled joy you'll feel when you finally get to 40 and realise you don't have to do any more of that painful healer levelling :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom