elkie scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorimor1

Banned
This whole burgling comparison... Would just like to say that one of my friends across the road had has house robbed years ago, most jewelry and things of value gone but they also stole a birthday card his parents gave him, who have now passed away and that was the only memory he had of them.

I'd rather loose my daoc account than something like that..

Edit - Anyway I think Censi was just trying to make him feel better, no need to show hate towards him...

Corran

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
Edit - Anyway I think Censi was just trying to make him feel better, no need to show hate towards him...

Better to say nothing at all then something stupid though.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Guys please drop that matter i dont want arguments starting over something that happened to me, take it to pms please, i said what i thought about what censi said it doesnt bother me because he has his own opinions which i respect so lets just drop it if you disagree with him take it to pms as i said i dont want the thread closed due to people arguing about something that is off the topic.

Cheerz, elks

Mey

Part of the furniture
haha you asking people to drop something on FH not going to happen!

IBTL!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
less of the flaming/random in caps bullshit.

If you disagree with the whole burglary thing that's cool but can we have less of the "crackpipe" "retard" etc. nonsense when discussing it? hell go start a new thread comparing online theft to offline if you really want to.

Marc

FH is my second home
My point stands. Anyone who thinks having a DAoC account hacked is comparable, or in censis case, worse, than the trauma of having someone rob your house, has no grasp on reality and really does need to get out more.

I await your power hungry ban stick with baited breath Eggy.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
than the trauma of having someone rob your house

Oh the humanity!! Got broken into like 3 times at university, one time a drunk yob opened my bedroom door while i was trying to get some sleep, just chased the fucker out of my house then went back to bed, had almost forgetten about it by morning. What makes you cry like a pissy girl may not mean much to others. The whole point is everyone responds to things differently so get of your fucking horse.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
My point stands. Anyone who thinks having a DAoC account hacked is comparable, or in censis case, worse, than the trauma of having someone rob your house, has no grasp on reality and really does need to get out more.

No need for bannage!

To be honest, it depends on your life's priorities.

I've been burgled before...shit happens, just claimed the insurance and got new locks. It didn't cause me any trauma, just thought "fuckers". But, at the time, if I'd lost everything on my daoc account, I would have been far more upset.

But then I'm quite a passive person.

Oh, and I have a perfect grip on reality; and I'm out far too much (just ask my guildies:( /hugs)

Marc

FH is my second home
But you cant just re farm the items you lost when you were hacked?? Intangible pixels that really mean nothing in the whole scheme of things? Do goa increase your subs when you get hacked? Do you have any really sentimentel items on your daoc account that would really devastate you if they were stolen? "Oh noes! My Halberd of the stonewatch0r was stolen! How will I cope????" Sure, it would be annoying, but its nothing like Dorimors example now is it?

/shrug

I guess we will have to agree to disagree, but I really cannot see how getting a daoc account hacked is comparable with being burgled.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:

I think its about equal tbh having something STOLEN from you is the same weither it be in the house/garden/car/online or in a game .

If you had a High RR char rare items 100p house with lost of stuff you have been wokring on for 3 or 4 years I know I was be real fucked off.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
You cannot insure against daoc, but you can against your house.

Stop giving GoA more ideas to make more money :p

"For only two pounds extra a month you can insure against any hacking/accidental loss of items!"

A joke?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Ati said:
You cannot insure against daoc, but you can against your house.

Stop giving GoA more ideas to make more money :p

"For only two pounds extra a month you can insure against any hacking/accidental loss of items!"

A joke?

Prydwen Insurance Limited.... :p

Ok, bad joke!

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
Okay, Someone make a PvE guild, give them 1p a month and if you get hacked they will replace all your items (non-including 1x drop (artis etc.)) :p

I'd do that? :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
xxManiacxx said:
how attached are u to money? its just a piece of paper :p

Money is something that is needed but I piss enough of it up the wall on crap, because I realise you might aswell spend it while your alive.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
UndyingAngel said:
I think its about equal tbh having something STOLEN from you is the same weither it be in the house/garden/car/online or in a game .

If you had a High RR char rare items 100p house with lost of stuff you have been wokring on for 3 or 4 years I know I was be real fucked off.

Im sorry but I am with Marc you cant compare someone being in your house when you and the kids are asleep. Dont even try and make me understand how losing a DAOC with 5zillionrps and 200p can be related.

If you think like this there is obviously alot more fruit cakes posting on here than I give FH credit for.

I really am sorry for Elkies loss but its only a game :-(

Dorimor1

Banned
People who would rather be burgled and loose treasured possessions than have their re-attainable pixel daoc account hacked need to rethink their lives.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Dorimor1 said:
People who would rather be burgled and loose treasured possessions than have their re-attainable pixel daoc account hacked need to rethink their lives.
"People who would rather have their treasured pixel daoc account hacked than be burgled and loose re-attainable possessions need to rethink their lives."

It's an argument which works the other way around as well. Not that I agree with any of the statements. You don't (fully) control how you react to things, so saying they should rethink their lives seems silly to me.

Marc

FH is my second home
noblok said:
"People who would rather have their treasured pixel daoc account hacked than be burgled and loose re-attainable possessions need to rethink their lives."

It's an argument which works the other way around as well. Not that I agree with any of the statements. You don't (fully) control how you react to things, so saying they should rethink their lives seems silly to me.

No, it doesnt work the other way around at all. So people would rather be burgled, and risk say disturbing the burlgers and getting beat up or even killed than get an account hacked (an account that can have chars restored). This is total and utter horseshit. If people would rather risk getting burlged and possibly harmed than having the annoyment of having to get chars restored, they do need to re think their priorities in life.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
No, it doesnt work the other way around at all. So people would rather be burgled, and risk say disturbing the burlgers and getting beat up or even killed than get an account hacked (an account that can have chars restored). This is total and utter horseshit. If people would rather risk getting burlged and possibly harmed than having the annoyment of having to get chars restored, they do need to re think their priorities in life.

I actually agree with Marc on this one.

Its just a freaking game.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Calaen said:
Im sorry but I am with Marc you cant compare someone being in your house when you and the kids are asleep. Dont even try and make me understand how losing a DAOC with 5zillionrps and 200p can be related.

If you think like this there is obviously alot more fruit cakes posting on here than I give FH credit for.

I really am sorry for Elkies loss but its only a game :-(

I just said I was be fucked off and I would if I lost items you had worked hard and yes it can be compared to RL becuase its a hobby if my house god robbed and some stuff was stolen I would be pissed of, but imagine ify ou spent all your time as a hobby making model aeroplanes ? and they where stolen (you can replace them and repaint them) BUT U WILL BE A LOT OF FUCKED OFF than if someone stone your TV becuase you spend your free time doing that DAOC is like a model aeroplain you but a lot of time and effrot into it.

Ati

One of Freddy's beloved
apart from the pixels can be remade by a touch of a button.
the plane is actually a physical asset.

I understand the sentimental aspect; there is however no debate.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Honestly.. whats up with people talking about hacking? It's not hacking, its phishing (or however its spelled).

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
Honestly.. whats up with people talking about hacking? It's not hacking, its phishing (or however its spelled).

dont forget pharming... :m00:

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
The methods used to obtain Elkies information is irrelevant. As long as the person used a computer to acquire information from another computer, it is in violation with the Computer Misuse Act 1990 as stated earlier.

A daoc account provides entertainment which you pay for. If it was to be viewed as an investment it would be the worst return on capital employed ever. In the end, when the game seize to exist, all that time, money and rl sacrifices will be worthless.

Amongst other things, I've watched my house burn down and I've had burglars. Comparing the loss of a game account to that is not something I would dream of. However, individuals are different. Some gamers practically live their life in daoc while others log on every now and then as a break from work, family, studies and whatnot. It is clear that the two types would see the value of an account differently.

Just a mixture of facts and views, no offence intended to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom