Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Distance to SOL : about 20KLY
Distance to GOAL: about 2 KLY
69 jumps to GOAL
616 jumps to SOL

two.png

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so what's the purpose of this trip? just getting there?

TdC

so what's the purpose of this trip? just getting there?

General exploration, being curious, going to a place, that kind of thing. Deep space exploration is dangerous and rewarding. That is to say most of the danger comes from yourself. My ship is lightly/moderately damaged, basically through my own inattention. Emergency stops are a thing, and when this happens on top of a star you can also take heat damage. I do have an auto-repair station on board though. Some people take two! If something really bad happens, you're screwed. That said, there's the reward. You get to see cool sights, visit beautiful places, albeit virtual ones. When I get back to the bubble, I expect to be Elite in the Exploration faculty. That, and the financial gain. I'll do a quick analysis of the finance per jump, etc, once I'm done.

Distance to SOL : about 21KLY
Distance to GOAL: about 1 KLY
40 jumps to GOAL
656 jumps to SOL

starrings.png

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So have you ever forgotten something that made you have to go back half way? :)

TdC

So have you ever forgotten something that made you have to go back half way? :)

hehe not yet. that would be awful. some people are on looooong journeys, like *really* long. there were times when I regretted my choice, and it's only like 55K LY pffft

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
5kly from home, not seen a ship or station for a long time. Taking an explorer passenger to see a black hole she's keen on. Needed 5kly+ for Prof Palin invite. Only a couple of jumps away now. Looks like there is a station 100ly or so further past my target, will probs keep going to repair/restock for the journey home. Won't do my explorer rank any harm either.
But fuck it's tedious :/
Almost want something to attack me just for the shizzles.
Using a fully engineered and A rated Python with an AFMU, only 2 emergency stops so far.....

Exioce

Part of the furniture
My cousin bought the game.
Pissed about a bit together on a planet surface, took him to a resource extraction site to earn some funds, then joined him in his new Cobra Mk3.

Screenshot_0379.jpg Screenshot_0382.jpg

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I did a lot of mileage in my Cobra, nice cheap multi-role ship. I use my Python now in exactly the same role. Got bigger stuff for specific missions, CGs etc. Also use a passenger run every now and again that pays me approx C80m ph when I get down to my last C1b :)

I play in Mobius nowadays, highly recommend it.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Currently on the return leg of an exploration trip to the core. Stopped off at Colonia and sold about 300m worth of exploration data, dinging Elite, now heading to the Orion-Cygnus arm then home.

Engineering has been changed in the v3.0 update and I am keen to build some new ships. Starting with something like this.
upload_2018-3-26_16-32-35-png.38398

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I've been unlocking stuff. Admiral with the Federation and King with Empire. So far got 13 of the engineers, will be after the rest when the current CG finishes. Got access to Lori Jameson and Juri Ishmaak just need to complete their requirements.
I like the new engineering changes, wasn't a fan of the RNG element before. At least now you know what you are going to get. Also a big bonus are the new limits on materials. I carry limpets most of the time now to pick good stuff up after a kill.
Not had any Thargoid action yet, but once the all the engineers are unlocked going to kit something for that (probably going to wing up).
The ocd part of me will also want to Elite up Explorer and Combat ranks, currently Pathfinder and Master.
Was invited to wing up last night in the CG High RES, first time in a wing 2 condas and a guy in a chieftain. One of the wing clipped the cops with his laser and it went mental. All three of us running for our lives as all the cops and NPC pirates came after us. Just escaped before my shields dropped (prismatics), don't know how the others faired.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
I got bored of the engineers, I think I've got 11-12 unlocked and lvl5.

Decided to head out to Jellyfish and look around for a bit, around 3kly's decided that a hanger bay would have been immensely more useful than a feckin docking computer !

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Just arrived at Colonia now, 65,000 Ly's under my belt now, got halfway to Colonia without doing Neutron jumps but it started doing my head in, had to capitulate and turn 5 days of jump after jump after jump into a number of 2500 Ly jump sessions 10-15 jumps.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
And now 200ly's from the galactic core sticking my name on all these undiscovered systems!!!.I also hear the engineers are heading to Colonia too!! Rah, cba going all the way back now.

Enjoying the Krait ii I have in Colonia too.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I don't know how you explorers do it. I like the exploring part, just find the jumps a grind. Furthest I've travelled is 5KLy.
I'm tucked up nicely in Jameson Memorial. The missions here are not good at the moment and I've unlocked all the existing engineers. Was thinking of kitting out a Krait for some Goid action, I've avoided fighting them so far, but apparently the scouts aren't too difficult in a medium ship. It'll mean grinding for the Guardian Tech but might be worth it for the fun of vaporising some goids.
Inara has some info about the Colonia Engineers.
I've just re-installed Voice Attack, which I've had for years but not used. It's much better now than it was. It was a pain getting your bindings over but they have a tool for that now that works well. It adds a little bit of extra cockpit ambiance and is useful in battle when you are kind of busy.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Bought the Krait, and it's now fully engineered apart from the weapons. I'm off now to the Guardian sites to unlock their shizzle. I'm guessing that is going to take a while but looks like "some" fun.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Has anybody played Elite with VR? is there a knack to it?

I've got a Index and Vive but struggling to get to grips with ED as its so keyboard command based.. I find myself lifting up the HMD to see the keyboard sometimes, not great in the middle of a dogfight.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Has anybody played Elite with VR? is there a knack to it?

I've got a Index and Vive but struggling to get to grips with ED as its so keyboard command based.. I find myself lifting up the HMD to see the keyboard sometimes, not great in the middle of a dogfight.
Dont know if a controller helps. I havent installed it since i got my vr stuff.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Dont know if a controller helps. I havent installed it since i got my vr stuff.

I've got a decent thrustmaster but it still doesnt match the keyboard for utility, maybe I just need to map as much as I can and learn new shit....<horror>

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've got a decent thrustmaster but it still doesnt match the keyboard for utility, maybe I just need to map as much as I can and learn new shit....<horror>
Or trust yr mind and learn to usea keyboard without looking :). 35 years and i dont need to look any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom