Games Elite: Dangerous

Tilda

Ch Throttle arrived today, oh god its so beautiful!
I need to sit and work out what the hell to bind to it. But we have our neighbours coming over for dinner :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ch Throttle arrived today, oh god its so beautiful!
I need to sit and work out what the hell to bind to it. But we have our neighbours coming over for dinner :(
I remember when you lived with mummy and daddy and now all of a sudden your grown up and inviting ppl over for dinner lol

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Ok traded myself up to nearly 50k credits now. Torn between a hauler and an adder for next purchase hehe. Little while yet tho. No crashes tonight :)

Tilda

I got an adder, I really like it.
I feel a bit like I'm driving the futurama ship, its a bit chunky, lots of space, seems reasonable weapons. A nice step up. Whereas hauler is just pure cargo. (You can fit more in a hauler specced adder than a hauler specced hauler).

Just won auction on Force Feedback Two - Oo! Very excited tonight!!

Moriath, how long ago was that jeez, I've been at uni or lived out for like nearly 10 years and lived with my gf/wife for the last 2!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I got an adder, I really like it.
I feel a bit like I'm driving the futurama ship, its a bit chunky, lots of space, seems reasonable weapons. A nice step up. Whereas hauler is just pure cargo. (You can fit more in a hauler specced adder than a hauler specced hauler).

Just won auction on Force Feedback Two - Oo! Very excited tonight!!

Moriath, how long ago was that jeez, I've been at uni or lived out for like nearly 10 years and lived with my gf/wife for the last 2!!
Yeah like ten years ago when you were playing daoc and all. Hehe

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
All i remember about Tilda is him pretending to be a girl, so people would pl him in daoc/ give him itamz.

Funny how little things like that stick.

:D

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Ok traded myself up to nearly 50k credits now. Torn between a hauler and an adder for next purchase hehe. Little while yet tho. No crashes tonight :)

Get an adder. Its basically a hauler with guns :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Get an adder. Its basically a hauler with guns :)
More trading to do to get there :). Prob need close to 200k before I buy one of those maybe more so can outfit it decently to begin with

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
May as well get a Hauler and then trade up when you get there. Hauler will get you there faster.

Tilda

I thought adder and hauler are the same price? My adder was like 69k after trade in. Although that did leave me with like 1k credits for a bit :S :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I thought adder and hauler are the same price? My adder was like 69k after trade in. Although that did leave me with like 1k credits for a bit :S :D
No hauler is like 50k. Adder is like 82k

Without trade in parts

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I grinded for the Adder, much better trade-off.

As soon as i hit 350k cr by doing trading in my 26T Adder, i switched to Eagle and pimped it. Much more fun to run around and do bounty missions.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I don't feel I am grinding , I am having fun and exploring. But I know what you mean.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Having a bit of a weird issue with the Launcher.

Opens ok, have run through the training without a problem. However when I try to install ED it just keeps popping up a message saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive L:" anyone have similar issues (cant see anything on ED forum)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Having a bit of a weird issue with the Launcher.

Opens ok, have run through the training without a problem. However when I try to install ED it just keeps popping up a message saying "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive L:" anyone have similar issues (cant see anything on ED forum)

not something I am heard of mate... raise a ticket?

Urgat

Part of the furniture
So...

I bit the bullet and started doing some trading...

Bought a lakon 6 and put 112 tons worth of cargo racks in it.
Spent 10 mins using Slopeys BPC tool to find a "there and back" trade route.
Buy Consumer tech, jump 14ly, sell It.
Buy Palladium, jump back 14ly to original system, sell.

Now making over 1.3m per hour.

The disparity in credit making potential between trading and the other professions makes me a little bit sick, TBH.

Oh well... at least ill have my Clipper fairly soon. :/

Tilda

Urgat, how do you make the BPC do a "back" journey? In the first version I downloaded there was a tick box, but the box has vanished now.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Urgat, how do you make the BPC do a "back" journey? In the first version I downloaded there was a tick box, but the box has vanished now.

It doesn't do it anymore. I just had to manually check the various 1000 credit per ton outward stations individually for return journey profits to my starting point. (And just picked the best one)

1k per ton outward, 800 per ton return. 14ly, one jump, less than 10mins per return trip.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Duplicate. Anyone else having issues with the "post" button looking like it isn't doing anything?

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Duplicate. Anyone else having issues with the "post" button looking like it isn't doing anything?
Yeah, I've been having some too. Things are not well with the frontends or something. @Deebs already knows about it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Up to 65k now. Do you have to re show it where the logs are kept for the ocr after an update?

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Spent years playing FFE and X3, have no burning desire to dive into trading even if it is the most lucrative profession.

Working my way up the explorer ranks instead, currently in an Adder with the enhanced surface scanner. Really enjoy teasing out the systems one planet at a time.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1001 (or similar)

Check your AppConfig.xml has this 'verbose logging' set in the network section thus:

<Network
VerboseLogging="1"
Port="0"
upnpenabled="1"
LogFile="netLog"
DatestampLog="1"
>

Athan

Resident Freddy
C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Frontier_Developments\Products\FORC-FDEV-D-1001 (or similar)

Check your AppConfig.xml has this 'verbose logging' set in the network section thus:

<Network
VerboseLogging="1"
Port="0"
upnpenabled="1"
LogFile="netLog"
DatestampLog="1"
>
And if it's the latter that's the issue then realise you'll need to re-apply the change after every game patch.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And if it's the latter that's the issue then realise you'll need to re-apply the change after every game patch.

Elite OCR I _think_ runs a check for this setting though and can change it.... so it's odd Moriath is having this issue ...:confused:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There is a FH teamspeak server, surprisingly at ts.freddyhouse.com (default port, 200 slots). If you wish to use it feel free, though if there is anyone out there who knows Teamspeak, permissions, and wants to be an admin on it let me know and we can sort out the privileges.

I also have a mumble server but need to reinstall the client (and reboot my pc) before I can grant elevated privileges.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Argh!

Damned infuriating game. thought I would potter out to an asteroid field to see if any ne'er do wells were skulking about trying to attack miners and come across a handful of ships all taking on an anaconda ( i think it was, bloody big anyway). So i decide to pile in as they all had wanted status. Kill a couple and then the feds turn up which is handy as the last ones a bit tough.

Then my ship gets scanned and apparently I've got a 21k fine for contraband cargo (military plans id found floating in space that I'd forgotten about), then in the act of killing the last guy some dumbass fed ship flies straight through my sights and takes a couple of hits so then they all turn on me when he dies and shoot the crap out of my ship before i can get away (hull down to 15% when i finally jumped clear).

bounty made 10k
fines + repairs + ammo -30k

basically written the last 2 nights of progress off and im back to square one.......

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom