• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Yes, but the 2 things are different. The minimum wage has nothing to do with the living wage. It even says so in the story posted.

Isnt that the point hes making?

We know that to live you need to earn 10.90 per hour or you will struggle, so the actual minimum wage being less than that seems intentionally cruel

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Money markets expect BoE interest rates to be 5% by middle of next year. Mortgage interest rates'll probably be 7% by then.

Fun times. Especially for the Tories, who point at externalities and say "it wasn't us" when really, it's mostly them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Isnt that the point hes making?

We know that to live you need to earn 10.90 per hour or you will struggle, so the actual minimum wage being less than that seems intentionally cruel

No. I don't care what point anyone is making. All I did was say minimum wage was not the same thing as living wage, when @Gwadien got the 2 mixed up.

As it happens, I don't think either are high enough, and we certainly pay well above living wage, even to grunts.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
No. I don't care what point anyone is making. All I did was say minimum wage was not the same thing as living wage, when @Gwadien got the 2 mixed up.

As it happens, I don't think either are high enough, and we certainly pay well above living wage, even to grunts.

He didn't get it mixed up he was making a point...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Money markets expect BoE interest rates to be 5% by middle of next year. Mortgage interest rates'll probably be 7% by then.

Fun times. Especially for the Tories, who point at externalities and say "it wasn't us" when really, it's mostly them.

It's infuriating, my mortgage has just over a year left and the interest component of the payments is remaining steady - it used to be falling like a rock!

I think I may start overpaying even more.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's infuriating, my mortgage has just over a year left and the interest component of the payments is remaining steady - it used to be falling like a rock!
I'm really glad I put our main house on a ten year fixie at something like 1.99% last year.

If you're nearing term, maybe worth paying the "fine" for changing now and putting yourself on a two or five year fixie before it all goes up?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

I didn't get the two mixed up, I just think it's a joke that there's a body that decides how much people need to earn to live and that's not the minimum wage.

Also, smaller employers usually do pay more than minimum wage but large companies usually stick to the minimum wage.

But I understand it's extremely difficult to concede to Corbyn.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Corbyn was and is a complete wetwipe. That's why he lost.

Gwadien

Corbyn was and is a complete wetwipe. That's why he lost.

I rest my case, your honour.

You know, you can like someone and disagree with the majority of things that they say and then still admit they made a good point when the evidence is clear as day that he did make a good point.

It's a bit like I know for a fact that @Embattle insta-facepalmed my post as soon as he read 'Corbyn', it's pretty funny.

Embattle

FH is my second home

You know, you can like someone and disagree with the majority of things that they say and then still admit they made a good point when the evidence is clear as day that he did make a good point.

It's a bit like I know for a fact that @Embattle insta-facepalmed my post as soon as he read 'Corbyn', it's pretty funny.

Actually multiple reasons from you not seemingly knowing the difference between the living wage, a government rebranding exercise, and the Real living wage added on to the fact that turnips like you continue your pointless love in for one of the most unelectable cabinets for PM ever.

Gwadien

Actually multiple reasons from you not seemingly knowing the difference between the living wage, a government rebranding exercise, and the Real living wage added on to the fact that turnips like you continue your pointless love in for one of the most unelectable cabinets for PM ever.

Again, I didn't vote for Corbyn and have never supported him for Prime Minister.

Again, proving my point, cheers.

I just find it funny pointing out to Tory voters that this Tory Government has spent more money than Corbyn proposed etc, it amuses me.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Well, it's true. He held zero attraction to the public, it was hard to vote labour. The only reason I did was because, even though he was a complete pillock, he was still the least shit option. And that's all we can vote for, the least shit, UK politics is completely fucked. I will be voting Green at the next election.

Edit, that and our cunt in parliament is Leadsom...

Gwadien

Well, it's true. He held zero attraction to the public, it was hard to vote labour. The only reason I did was because, even though he was a complete pillock, he was still the least shit option. And that's all we can vote for, the least shit, UK politics is completely fucked. I will be voting Green at the next election.

Edit, that and our cunt in parliament is Leadsom...

I'm not sure if you're intentionally missing the point to make your own point or what.

I did not vote for Corbyn.

I do no support Corbyn.

The point is that so many people (here on this forum) were wetting themselves over Corbyn and his Venezuelan form of politics, when the reality is that the Tories have adopted his spending spree, and 3rd parties are now saying he was right about what the minimum wage should be.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Again, I didn't vote for Corbyn and have never supported him for Prime Minister.

Again, proving my point, cheers.

I just find it funny pointing out to Tory voters that this Tory Government has spent more money than Corbyn proposed etc, it amuses me.

Yeah you've stated that before but generally you're about as believable as a snake oil salesman.

I've heard that silly example of comparing spending between what Labour planned to do and what the Tories did spend before, it is no more valid now than it was then.

Gwadien

Yeah you've stated that before but generally you're about as believable as a snake oil salesman.

I've heard that silly example of comparing spending between what Labour planned to do and what the Tories did spend before, it is no more valid now than it was then.

Hahahahahahaha, says the Tory that voted Tory until Toryness started effecting himself, oh diddums :'(

There's a term for it, is it cognitive dissonance?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm really glad I put our main house on a ten year fixie at something like 1.99% last year.

If you're nearing term, maybe worth paying the "fine" for changing now and putting yourself on a two or five year fixie before it all goes up?

nah I'm on SVR, no point in messing with it now really. I could pay it off right now tbh but I want to have "just in case" funds.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
One of the first things that the new Tory government under Truss has done during a time of record inflation: Removed the cap on banker's bonuses.

So then. Direct question: Given the fact that the tories are verifiably post-truth - their manifesto commitments are transparently just "stuff to say to get elected" with zero commitment to actually doing any of it: Who here would still consider voting Tory at the next election?

I'm not saying vote Labour. There's plenty to choose from. You can still get a Tory government voting something else - but at least you won't be morally culpable.

But if any Tory voters on here go "I'll see what Labour says, and I'll see what the Torys say then I'll vote based on their policies" - then you're an idiot. Because, as has been shown, the Tories are post-truth and don't tell anyone what their policies actually are. They say whatever they like to get votes, then do what they want.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
One of the first things that the new Tory government under Truss has done during a time of record inflation: Removed the cap on banker's bonuses.

So then. Direct question: Given the fact that the tories are verifiably post-truth - their manifesto commitments are transparently just "stuff to say to get elected" with zero commitment to actually doing any of it: Who here would still consider voting Tory at the next election?

I'm not saying vote Labour. There's plenty to choose from. You can still get a Tory government voting something else - but at least you won't be morally culpable.

But if any Tory voters on here go "I'll see what Labour says, and I'll see what the Torys say then I'll vote based on their policies" - then you're an idiot. Because, as has been shown, the Tories are post-truth and don't tell anyone what their policies actually are. They say whatever they like to get votes, then do what they want.

I'll quite happily vote Tory next time round tbh, seems like they're quite keen for everyone to keep more of their money in their pockets.

Plus seeing you frothing like a loon for another 5 years will be far too enjoyable to miss out on.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll quite happily vote Tory next time round tbh, seems like they're quite keen for everyone to keep more of their money in their pockets.
Value of the pound is $1.12. (Wow).

Economy is the worst performing of G7.

Inflation at record high.

In a recession.

But yes, like your Sony obsession, that facet of your personality extends to all areas of your life. The Tories, like Sony, can do no wrong.

You voting T was always a given m8.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Value of the pound is $1.12. (Wow).

The Euro is sitting at $0.98 currently, as all currencies are taking a beating against the dollar.

Economy is the worst performing of G7.

A quick look at the Global PMI rankings suggests we're forecasting slightly more growth than the Eurozone, even though that only suggests we're not in quite as much doo doo as they are.

Inflation at record high.

As it is in quite a few developed nations in the West.

In a recession.

Maybe, maybe not. However if we are then trying to grow the economy seems like a good idea. Not sure how you do that by raising taxes but I'm sure an economist will be along shortly to prove why no one listens to economists.

But yes, like your Sony obsession, that facet of your personality extends to all areas of your life. The Tories, like Sony, can do no wrong.

No idea what Sony has to do with this m8, are you trying to save the planet by recycling insults or something.

You voting T was always a given m8.

As Raven mentioned in this country we vote for the least worst option, and for me that's the Tories. However, when the aspiring Chancellor for the alternative takes it upon himself to wave Mao's Little Red Book around parliament, it gets an easier choice.

tl:dr shush now.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Well the Tories undoubtedly achieved one thing so far, when they said they weren't worried about being unpopular.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well the Tories undoubtedly achieved one thing so far, when they said they weren't worried about being unpopular.
Maybe they're conceding the next election, cutting taxes, trashing legislation and really fucking the economy, then they can point at labour when they get in and say "look how shit life is under them, how much tax you pay" and slide straight back in.

Gwadien

Maybe they're conceding the next election, cutting taxes, trashing legislation and really fucking the economy, then they can point at labour when they get in and say "look how shit life is under them, how much tax you pay" and slide straight back in.

More like 'aw diddums, we can't afford the NHS anymore, better privatise!'

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Was hopeful the stamp duty change would apply to all houses under £750k.

Sigh. Guess we're spending the near 30k in 2 weeks :(

Embattle

FH is my second home
Surely if you wanted to help lower income earners the easiest move would of been to raise the income tax threshold, I know it means everyone gets a cut but as a % earnings it benefits lower income earners most.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Surely if you wanted to help lower income earners the easiest move would of been to raise the income tax threshold, I know it means everyone gets a cut but as a % earnings it benefits lower income earners most.

No, I just didn't want to have to spend more money on moving that I have to.

Gwadien

Not sure if serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom