Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I do love that you're a parody of yourself. :D

Tories have been in power for more than a decade? Done nothing? Lib Dem's fault.

Plenty of videos available on social media of Davey proudly anouncing the ban on fracking and Clegg 'nixing more Nuclear power stations as they "wouldn't be ready until 2021", both of which decisions are biting us on the arse as we speak, considering we need both more electricity and gas.

As for the ELMS issue - looks to me more like they're prioritising growing food over luxury beliefs from Richmond. Again seems sensible in the current climate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Plenty of videos available on social media of Davey proudly anouncing the ban on fracking and Clegg 'nixing more Nuclear power stations as they "wouldn't be ready until 2021", both of which decisions are biting us on the arse as we speak, considering we need both more electricity and gas.

As for the ELMS issue - looks to me more like they're prioritising growing food over luxury beliefs from Richmond. Again seems sensible in the current climate.
2031 for Nuclear - and the head of Cuadrilla (the UK's biggest fracker) said just last week that even if completely deregulated fracking could never provide enough gas to help with bills.

It's clear other action was needed over the last decade - but we didn't take it. The biggest being insulating houses - that is a very quick, very cheap, permanent solution to high energy bills, as it permanently reduces demand.

They've had fucking ages. Why no action?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The Tories were actually in power when they cancelled the new nuclear. You can't just blame it all on Nick 'Facebook evil is fine' Clegg :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Tories were actually in power when they cancelled the new nuclear. You can't just blame it all on Nick 'Facebook evil is fine' Clegg :)
He can and he will.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Boot truss out and get bojo back ? might be the plan.
Nah. Longer term than that. They're trashing thing for Labour. Bring Bojo back (maybe) after the UK public have had it pummeled into them that the shit they're going through during the Labour administration is all Labour's fault (because of course, there's a lag).

Bodhi

2031 for Nuclear - and the head of Cuadrilla (the UK's biggest fracker) said just last week that even if completely deregulated fracking could never provide enough gas to help with bills.

It's clear other action was needed over the last decade - but we didn't take it. The biggest being insulating houses - that is a very quick, very cheap, permanent solution to high energy bills, as it permanently reduces demand.

They've had fucking ages. Why no action?

The nuclear he put the kibosh on would have been coming online about now, considering the decision was taken 10 years ago.

Start now it will be 2031 granted, but as that's about 10 years before any of these mythical grid level storage technologies that will make renewables viable are actually deliverable at the scale we need.

Also, the chap you keep quoting about fracking hasn't worked for Cuadrilla for about 6 years now, so I'm intrigued as to how he would know. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but we won't find that out til we get started. From where I'm sitting right now we need all the sources of energy we can lay our hands on.

Bodhi

They weren't actually, they were in a coalition government at the time. I'll assume you know how those things work?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The nuclear he put the kibosh on would have been coming online about now, considering the decision was taken 10 years ago.
1) Tories cancelled them - the lib dem agreement (and they didn't have control over energy policy) was for new nuclear to go ahead.
2) The one under construction is late, costs are going up, repeatedly. First it was 2025. Then 2026. Now 2027, and they're adding cost and time each time they review - so expect another half a billion and another year when the current review is complete. So no. It won't be ten years. It's fifteen.

3) Please to be answering my question - the cheapest way to deal with energy demand is to insulate houses. It's quick, cheap, permanent, creates jobs, has no ongoing eternally rising costs and really easy.

Why haven't the Tories done the most effective thing they can do in more than a decade? That single, campaigned for, incredibly easy action would have halved people's electricity bills and freed us from Russian oil and gas long before Ukraine ever became a thing.

Why is that @Bodhi?

Bodhi

1) Tories cancelled them - the lib dem agreement (and they didn't have control over energy policy) was for new nuclear to go ahead.
2) The one under construction is late, costs are going up, repeatedly. First it was 2025. Then 2026. Now 2027, and they're adding cost and time each time they review - so expect another half a billion and another year when the current review is complete. So no. It won't be ten years. It's fifteen.

3) Please to be answering my question - the cheapest way to deal with energy demand is to insulate houses. It's quick, cheap, permanent, creates jobs, has no ongoing eternally rising costs and really easy.

Why haven't the Tories done the most effective thing they can do in more than a decade? That single, campaigned for, incredibly easy action would have halved people's electricity bills and freed us from Russian oil and gas long before Ukraine ever became a thing.

Why is that @Bodhi?

Bit shocked you're looking for easy answers to complex problems - always thought that was known as "populism", in this case populism with a bit of fibreglass.

Will need some numbers on your insulation plans - especially considering the issues it can create with our older than typical housing stock. For eg in our 30s Semi, we could potentially insulate the loft reasonably cheaply, and we already have double glazing, but having solid walls cavity wall insulation isn't really an option.

So how much would that cost?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bit shocked you're looking for easy answers to complex problems - always thought that was known as "populism", in this case populism with a bit of fibreglass.

So how much would that cost?
Already done the cost thing at length. Not doing it again. Carbon neutrality is a complex problem - but reduction of energy demand IS a simple problem with an easy answer.

Regardless - they've had more than decade and done nothing. Not half-heartedly something - but nothing.

In a time when oil and gas companies are making record profits (and we're subsidising those profits) - why is that @Bodhi?

Anyway. Nothing to say on the Nuclear cancellations or new build bullshit?

Bodhi

Already done the cost thing at length. Not doing it again. Carbon neutrality is a complex problem - but reduction of energy demand IS a simple problem with an easy answer.

Regardless - they've had more than decade and done nothing. Not half-heartedly something - but nothing.

In a time when oil and gas companies are making record profits (and we're subsidising those profits) - why is that @Bodhi?

Anyway. Nothing to say on the Nuclear cancellations or new build bullshit?

O & G companies are making record profits at the moment as their costs to get the resources out the ground haven't really increased, but the price those resources are making on the market have increased, thanks to Vlad's Special Military Operation, or whatever the fuck he tried to cover the invasion of Ukraine as. Two years ago the same O & G companies were taking an absolute bath in terms of losing money, strange how the "taking into public ownership" advocates were quite quiet at the time.

Anyway, I covered the nuclear cancellations thing before, not doing it again.

Because reasons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyway, I covered the nuclear cancellations thing before, not doing it again.
And you were wrong then.

You're still missing the new build stuff. 15 years. So no help, right?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Budget going well then?

I wonder what sort of odds you would get on Boris being back by Xmas. I wonder if the wallpaper has come down yet.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Maybe @caLLous. I kind of hope so. Don't know whether the electorate will go for it with the papers all slamming it.

Right now - I'm depressed it's going to be just like New Labour - Labour conference: Starmer to quote Tony Blair in pitch for power

And we know how hard they failed in the end. So more of that shit just doesn't appeal.

I wouldn't say they failed hard. The 2010 General Election resulted in no clear "winner". I think if the Lib Dems and Labour had been more agreeable, we might be living in a very different country right now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't say they failed hard.
I don't mean electorally - I mean in bringing about the radical change we hoped they would bring.

Inequality still widened under them. Social mobility didn't improve. The lot of the working man didn't substantially improve by any measure.

New Labour failed in their primary mission - to improve our lives. They were just Tory-lite.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Theres kids already going hungry in schools across the UK, how anyone justifies voting for these cunts anymore is beyond me

Will get worse during winter :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom