• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The whole thing is a non-story, he was there for a while and ate on the job. I ordered Pizzas several times during lockdown for our warehouse chaps, I won't be rushing off to po-po to report them for eating it.

This isn't in the same sport, let alone league as Boris on the cheese and wine.

But Labour have turned it around beautifully, how many Tory MPs are going to push it now?

From what we know at this point, Boris stopped work for 10 minutes so his wife and a couple of others could bring him some birthday cake - which was actually reported by The Times at the time to general shrugging - Starmer had a few beers and and curry after campaigning. Neither seem particularly offensive to me I will be honest - it's more the rules that were bullshit, which is where the conversation should really be imo.

However a large section of the press still haven't got over 2016 so are gunning for Boris, and Starmer has spent the last 2 months on his high horse only to find he was just as bad, so we are where are.

Refund anyone's fines who were caught in rules breaches, get the politicians to pay theirs and move on - we've got a few bigger issues at the moment than beers and cake.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The issue isn't the piss ups, it's the lying to parliament about it that is.

Bodhi

Interesting that when Boris gets it wrong, it's lying, but when Starmer does the same (Rayner wasn't there - oh wait she was, etc) it's a mistake.

Plus do we know that Boris actually lied. As in know, not just using our prejudices to call him a lying bastard. If he wasn't aware that any rules were broken during the cake incident - which I would find entirely believable given the Times reported on it in Summer 2020 - but he found out later they were, was that a lie, or a mistake?

Or maybe, just maybe, we should focus more on how ridiculous the rules were at the time, and why we should never do that again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
ofc he lied, he lies all the time. That's why he has been fired so many times. He said he wasn't there, when he was, it took a prosecution for him to finally admit the truth.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
From what we know at this point, Boris stopped work for 10 minutes so his wife and a couple of others could bring him some birthday cake - which was actually reported by The Times at the time to general shrugging - Starmer had a few beers and and curry after campaigning. Neither seem particularly offensive to me I will be honest - it's more the rules that were bullshit, which is where the conversation should really be imo.

However a large section of the press still haven't got over 2016 so are gunning for Boris, and Starmer has spent the last 2 months on his high horse only to find he was just as bad, so we are where are.

Refund anyone's fines who were caught in rules breaches, get the politicians to pay theirs and move on - we've got a few bigger issues at the moment than beers and cake.

A large section of the press is anti-Tory and pro-Labour?

Please, tell me more.

Bodhi

A large section of the press is anti-Tory and pro-Labour?

Please, tell me more.

Not sure I said anti-Tory and pro-Labour, more anti-Boris, however that is exactly what I'd call

- Daily Mirror
- The Guardian
- The Times
- The i
- BBC
- ITV
- Channel 4
- Sky News

Oh, and The Telegraph when they decide they want someone else running the Tory party.

Mirror, Guardian, The i, ITV and C4 are all pro-Labour, others try to stay slightly neutral. Sometimes.

Quite obvious to see when you don't consider yourself either tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lack of reality there @Bodhi. From your list:

The Times, Sky News, The Torygraph?

Globally auntie is seen as right-wing, ITV is like The Star and swings in the wind, Channel 4 is anti-cunt - not anti-Tory. Unfortunately, there's a lot of Tory cunts - so the Tories have done for C4 long-term.

Gwadien

Not sure I said anti-Tory and pro-Labour, more anti-Boris, however that is exactly what I'd call

- Daily Mirror
- The Guardian
- The Times
- The i
- BBC
- ITV
- Channel 4
- Sky News

Oh, and The Telegraph when they decide they want someone else running the Tory party.

Mirror, Guardian, The i, ITV and C4 are all pro-Labour, others try to stay slightly neutral. Sometimes.

Quite obvious to see when you don't consider yourself either tbh.

So ol' Laura at the Beeb wasn't pro-boris? :D

Bodhi

Lack of reality there @Bodhi. From your list:

The Times, Sky News, The Torygraph?

Globally auntie is seen as right-wing, ITV is like The Star and swings in the wind, Channel 4 is anti-cunt - not anti-Tory. Unfortunately, there's a lot of Tory cunts - so the Tories have done for C4 long-term.

Awesome job of completely missing this thing called context old bean, classy job.

Still, at least TEH TOARIES get their revenge on C4 by palming it off to the highest bidder. Let's hope its Murdoch just for teh lolz.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ms Truss said: "Malign actors treat economics and development as a means of control, using patronage, investment and debt as a form of economic coercion and political power.
"We won't mirror their malign tactics, but we will match them in our resolve to provide an alternative.

We're not like these bad people.

But we're going to be the same as these bad people.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I have no issue with the idea the aid system needs changes but with the way the government will do it will be little different than shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Gwadien

I have no issue with the idea the aid system needs changes but with the way the government will do it will be little different than shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

That's entirely the point though.

People were in outrage that we send aid to countries that don't need it.

But that's precisely how aid actually works, and I wouldn't expect *any* Government to actually be nice about it.

What we should really do is force countries to use a different word than 'aid'.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit, in his 50s. Every fucker that is not the (alleged) disgusting rapist will turn up at parliament, so should come out fairly quickly.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Edit, in his 50s. Every fucker that is not the (alleged) disgusting rapist will turn up at parliament, so should come out fairly quickly.

Actually that narrows it down to about four MPs... *edit* maybe not, it doesn't say they were actually an MP at the time.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Someone like Desmond Swayne / Duncan Smith / David Davis or Fox?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
In unrelated news, 1652809753608.png

Mark francois is trending on twitter, any ideas?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would say, he looks the type, but they all do.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I would remind people it is innocent until proven guilty no matter who it is.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...and he has form. That was buried.

Odd that it all comes out after he called for Bojo's head though, I wonder why that is...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Andrew Rosindell, the MP for Romford is the man in question apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom