• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Tories got owned in Trafford, where I live. And the head of the local Conservatives lost his seat. That's in addition to his wife failing miserably to become GM Mayor last year (she was trounced by Andy Burnham).

I love it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Looks like the Tories are taking an absolute shoeing in the local elections.

Lost Westminster and Mayfair, useless twats.

Boris behind closed doors right now "Oh it's ok, we'll still hold onto power" and the sad fucking part is, the mop headed fuckbag is probably right. News papers have already started smearing Labour when these results started to come in.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Looking forward to the hysteria in Northern Ireland tomorrow, *grabs popcorn*.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't understand how NI politics can vary so much; surely the DUP + SF camps don't really change much?

Especially more so when the Alliance party has made gains.

I mean, surely DUP voters aren't going to vote for SF because fuck the Tories?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
mnyy8d8iiby81.jpg

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Fair play to Starmer, I agree with his decision, but what's the point of him having morals if the ruling party do not?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fair play to Starmer, I agree with his decision, but what's the point of him having morals if the ruling party do not?

The whole thing is a non-story, he was there for a while and ate on the job. I ordered Pizzas several times during lockdown for our warehouse chaps, I won't be rushing off to po-po to report them for eating it.

This isn't in the same sport, let alone league as Boris on the cheese and wine.

But Labour have turned it around beautifully, how many Tory MPs are going to push it now?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I don't necessarily agree it was nothing, if he has clearly broken the rules he should go. But I agree what the PM was doing was worse, and obviously he should have gone ages ago, and we should probably be lining up another GE by now.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I don't necessarily agree it was nothing, if he has clearly broken the rules he should go. But I agree what the PM was doing was worse, and obviously he should have gone ages ago, and we should probably be lining up another GE by now.

Have you never worked in an office after 6pm? Loads of times on a Friday you'd order food and grab something to drink (delivered or whatever) and work late nights. Not a crime.

Without getting into it I'd want to know if they were people he was always with or not.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a total non-story that the Tories and their allied papers have been stirring up for the last week or so. They made a massive thing out of Labour organising a (perfectly legitimate) Christmas party while London was in Tier 2 but failed to mention that the plans were instantly scrapped as soon as it went in to Tier 3. I even saw Bridgen today claiming that the case should be transferred to the Met, which can only be because the Tories can influence the outcome more easily, based on how helpful the Met have been to them over the last few months - randomly stepping in to investigate the parties just as Sue Grey's investigation was concluding (delaying the publication of the report) and randomly deciding not to issue more fines until after the local elections being two examples.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Not only that, but the MET has absolutely no jurisdiction in Durham...but I am sure it got some Tories salivating. The Tories do love Durham.

Last edited:

Embattle

FH is my second home
The police are the ones who'll decide this case, in the end it isn't just a question of the parties/meetings but the intelligence level of those who attended not realising how they could be seen by the general public that must also be questioned.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Let’s not forget that Labour called for Johnson to resign for lying to parliament. Not for getting fined.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Have you never worked in an office after 6pm? Loads of times on a Friday you'd order food and grab something to drink (delivered or whatever) and work late nights. Not a crime.

Without getting into it I'd want to know if they were people he was always with or not.
It was clearly against the rules that were set out for campaigning though. You weren't allowed to go back to your campaign office for drinks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So I quit the Parish Council a couple of months ago, I have just taken immense pleasure in telling a local Tory (actually mental) to go fuck himself regarding a local(ish) development that was signed off by Grant Shapps as "important" over ruling all local planning. When said Tory was whining that the Parish Council hadn't protected the view out his back garden.

I wasn't allowed while "in office"

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So I quit the Parish Council a couple of months ago, I have just taken immense pleasure in telling a local Tory (actually mental) to go fuck himself regarding a local(ish) development that was signed off by Grant Shapps as "important" over ruling all local planning. When said Tory was whining that the Parish Council hadn't protected the view out his back garden.

I wasn't allowed while "in office"
Do you live in Handforth?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It was clearly against the rules that were set out for campaigning though. You weren't allowed to go back to your campaign office for drinks.
If you're working till 1am, getting a curry and some beers in at 9:30 isn't a breach of that tho.

Personally, I think Starmer has been a fucking idiot - it's the beers. Optics. Most of us can't drink on the job anyway - so it looks bad. And he needs to not look bad.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

I don't get this argument. Obviously I have done this, but we didn't do it during lockdowns.

Anyway, Labour claiming they can prove they didn't break the rules. I've seen stuff that suggests they did. Interested to see how it goes.

Last edited:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The rules around campaigning set out March 2021

Attachments

• 20220510_075855.png
    20220510_075855.png
    230.3 KB · Views: 2

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair @Aoami - it depends on this I reckon.

1652166095855.png

It's definitely not a party like the Tories were having. But a breach of rules is a breach of rules. Lets see what the po-po say (not that I trust a word that comes out of their mouth).

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I don't get this argument. Obviously I have done this, but we didn't do it during lockdowns.

That's the thing, our regulations aren't the same as theirs. If they have to work together in the same office (If they were "a bubble" or whatever) then them getting food/a drink wasn't a crime as the nature of their work/their regs say it has to be done in person. - Not a crime.
If they were in different offices due to covid reasons and suddenly went into the same room to eat and drink - not their regs - Then it's the crime because of when they were in Lockdown.

As @Scouse said, lets see what our lovely police say..

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That's the thing, our regulations aren't the same as theirs. If they have to work together in the same office (If they were "a bubble" or whatever) then them getting food/a drink wasn't a crime as the nature of their work/their regs say it has to be done in person. - Not a crime.
If they were in different offices due to covid reasons and suddenly went into the same room to eat and drink - not their regs - Then it's the crime because of when they were in Lockdown.

As @Scouse said, lets see what our lovely police say..

I think the thing is though that the rules stated any campaign office work should be done remotely, as per the screenshot I posted.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think the thing is though that the rules stated any campaign office work should be done remotely, as per the screenshot I posted.
That's not actually what it says. It said work organising campaigns - but campaign office work could potentially mean something that reasonably requires face-to-face.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Im not sure if it was national policy but at some point last year we were explicitly told that we had to hold parish council meetings in person.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
To be fair @Aoami - it depends on this I reckon.

View attachment 46152

It's definitely not a party like the Tories were having. But a breach of rules is a breach of rules. Lets see what the po-po say (not that I trust a word that comes out of their mouth).
Don't disagree. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the Tory disregard for the rules, but this doesn't look like as clear a case of "no rules were broken" as Starmer is claiming it to be

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom