• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Plebs will look at people they hate and fully endorse their rights being taken away if they think it means those people they hate might be affected.

Then, like anti-vaxxers on their deathbeads, they'll wonder why the human rights act isn't there to protect them.

Precisely, you can say I'm wrong all you want but I do believe there's a correlation between Brexit voters, covid scepticism and people wanting to rid human rights for certain humans.

Gwadien

Is losing a seat to the Lib Dems really that much if a catastrophy?

It would be cool if our next government was Libs-Green doe.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Even with lent votes it is still a massive ass kicking since it used to be such a safe seat.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Is losing a seat to the Lib Dems really that much if a catastrophy?

It would be cool if our next government was Libs-Green doe.
Yes, because they had a majority of 23k in the last election - so a swing of 29k, on a low turnout vote. That is absolutely damning. Whilst it's notoriously hard to hold a seat in a by election this deep into a government (11 years now?), they are generally seen as a good indicator of how the country is feeling.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Let's not forget which party enabled the Conservatives, and essentially enabled Brexit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It will be interesting to see if people think Labour are a viable vote yet. Lib Dems will still be wildly unpopular in some parts of the country, especially London where there is a lot of people in their late 20s/30s who will never forgive them for selling out students for the stupid AV ref that was never ever going to pass.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lib Dems won't ever be a viable vote when it comes to the next GE.
Yeh - too many seats like mine where they get no votes and it's 99% a Labour/Tory split.

The problem is that now that they get fuck all in Scotland, Labour has virtually no path to get a majority either. It's Tory majority or hung parliament realistically forever under the current system.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wow, lol.

"The prime minister put much of the blame for the by-election defeat on media coverage, saying that "what the people have been hearing is just a constant litany of stuff about politics and politicians and stuff that isn't about them".
"The job of the government is to make people like you [journalists] interested in the booster roll-out and skills and housing and everything else we're doing," he added. "Unfortunately we haven't been able to get the focus on those issues."

Gwadien

Wow, lol.

hehehehehehe

'I tried to distract you away from the christmas party scandal by spending a few billion on probably not very efficiently rolling out booster vaccines, you didn't fall for it again, so I'm trying again!'

I do think we should try and make it less obvious that he's going to lose the next election though, otherwise he may do something drastic to try to stay in power, invade France for instance.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Recently the vaccine/booster rollout was a clusterfuck any way, the government dropped the ball on the continued push on vaccines and was slow to get boosters going.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair, he has been as much use a chocolate tampon.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Allegedly he doesn’t think the government is right-wing enough and he wants it back to low taxes and austerity.

Which doesn’t surprise me.

I would also guess that he’s a bit humiliated that he had to cave in on the role of the ECJ rather than having a trade war. Plus a lot of his Brexit actually gets implemented in the new year which probably isn’t going to look good for him.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So many Twitter accounts saying it's because he doesn't like the direction the government is going.

And not because he's completely failed and is getting out asap. I wonder how long it'll take for the UK to rejoin the EU.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So many Twitter accounts saying it's because he doesn't like the direction the government is going.

And not because he's completely failed and is getting out asap. I wonder how long it'll take for the UK to rejoin the EU.

Probably not the EU, that ship has sailed, but the single market and customs union? Inevitably.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why tho? What use is an insular organisation in the real world? Especially when leaders are picked (not elected) from failure.

Gwadien

Why tho? What use is an insular organisation in the real world? Especially when leaders are picked (not elected) from failure.
1639865645522.png

America is King Kong and China is Godzilla, the EU are the power rangers that join together to compete with them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
To me the NIP has been argued about for far too long and since it's introduction there have already been changes offered any way, ECJ to do with EU rules are fine. I hate this endless posturing of using article 16 before anything serious has actually occurred, a bad case of putting the cart before the horse.

DaGaffer

Trade. Ironically the thing the British said the EU was supposed to be about in the first place. When rational actors are back in charge they will realise that a. they've been doing trade deals that are at best no better, and more often actually worse than the EU brokered deals they already had, and b. because you can't tow the the UK to Asia, the EU will always be Britain's biggest trading partner, and cutting your nose off to spite your face is fucking stupid. And finally c. the pressure to allow worker mobility will become overwhelming, racist OAP opinions be damned.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There's a nice old bike I want to buy in Belgium. This one. But now, because of Brexit, I have to pay import duty and VAT on top of the price. I can't do it even if I wanted to right now because of covid, but it's a real pain in the arse suddenly having all these bureaucratic barriers in the way. And the Brexiteers told us all that there'd be less red tape, not more.

Also, anyone who's had to deal with carnets will know what a royal pain in the arse they are. And expensive too. All just paperwork, all unnecessary, all a massive backward step. Just because some people didn't like certain EU laws. Laws they were never able to identify.

DaGaffer

There's a nice old bike I want to buy in Belgium. This one. But now, because of Brexit, I have to pay import duty and VAT on top of the price. I can't do it even if I wanted to right now because of covid, but it's a real pain in the arse suddenly having all these bureaucratic barriers in the way. And the Brexiteers told us all that there'd be less red tape, not more.

Also, anyone who's had to deal with carnets will know what a royal pain in the arse they are. And expensive too. All just paperwork, all unnecessary, all a massive backward step. Just because some people didn't like certain EU laws. Laws they were never able to identify.

You're not liable for VAT on second-hand items. Not sure about import duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom