Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
They can't pin this on Brexit.

I'm not convinced that this is the most corrupt government we've had though. I think it's just the most corrupt that we know about. I have little doubt that previous governments got away with a lot more.

If anything, it's the most talentless and clueless.

Had this same convo with my dad this morning. He's of the belief that there was "more honour" in politics back in the day. Absolute bollocks, I'd bet - There just wasn't as much scrutiny.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
And yet, we will have the same result in the next election. People will vote Tory, and people won't bother voting.

queue "ironic" 'It's labour's fault' bullshit

But, really, you have a party that attracts certain types, the rich and the stupid, vs a party that attracts nobody.

Embattle

FH is my second home
In no way is this the most corrupt government, it's just more likely we are going to hear about such things. It is like when you get told that such things didn't happen in the old days, my reply has always been that you just didn't hear or know about them.

However to me the point is moot, I still detest the current system, punishment, etc and want to see real change.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit, and I am glad to see that Labour are actually going after the Tories about this, they need to be the tick on the dogs arsehole. Call bullshit when they see it, fuck those useless members off. Anyone that has an opinion on vaginas should be ejected from the party, there is proper, important stuff that needs dealing with.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Edit, and I am glad to see that Labour are actually going after the Tories about this, they need to be the tick on the dogs arsehole. Call bullshit when they see it, fuck those useless members off. Anyone that has an opinion on vaginas should be ejected from the party, there is proper, important stuff that needs dealing with.

Again, the media...

Have you never noticed that the important stuff gets reported on when figures like Andrew Marr are asking the questions and not the tabloid people?

Embattle

FH is my second home
You really can't keep using the media as an excuse everytime Labour produce a more juicy story when they have a silly argument with themselves.

Gwadien

You really can't keep using the media as an excuse everytime Labour produce a more juicy story when they have a silly argument with themselves.

Wheres the silly argument with themselves? They have an extreme fringe, sure, but they're dying out hard, the silly 'discussions' that they're not really having are just being egged on because it's a high point of contention currently.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Wheres the silly argument with themselves? They have an extreme fringe, sure, but they're dying out hard, the silly 'discussions' that they're not really having are just being egged on because it's a high point of contention currently.

They aren't dying out at all. They are still given the time of day by the party. The Labour Party is literally eating itself. Meanwhile, the Tories run rampant.

Man on the doorstep needs addressing, People (voters) work, they get paid, they spend their pay, they like some luxuries, they care about the environment, but they aren't sure what they can do. They don't want to see people homeless, but they aren't sure what to do, they worry about what happens when they get old, or when life throws them a bastard.

What they don't care about is Momentum, and I will use that as a sort of coverall because I will run out of energy addressing all the fuckwittery that they stand for, Labour could landslide it if they offered anything near reasonable, but they fucked it, years ago.

Last edited:

Gwadien

They aren't dying out at all. They are still given the time of day by the party. The Labour Party is literally eating itself. Meanwhile, the Tories run rampant.

So you're saying the Labour party should ban people from joining that have hard but peaceful leftist views?

Meanwhile Mogg is in the cabinet...

Gwadien

Anyway let's not do this round about conversation again...

I just find it bizarre that you say things like 'yet they'll get voted in again' when it's pretty obvious that there's only one alternative which seemingly by your own admission would be better than what we currently have?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So you're saying the Labour party should ban people from joining that have hard but peaceful leftist views?

Meanwhile Mogg is in the cabinet...

Whatever you want to think, I don't care. I am not arguing, I am just pointing out how it is.

Mogg is in the cabinet for the exact reasons I just posted.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyway let's not do this round about conversation again...

I just find it bizarre that you say things like 'yet they'll get voted in again' when it's pretty obvious that there's only one alternative which seemingly by your own admission would be better than what we currently have?

You don't seem to understand, man on the street, works his 40 hours, goes home knackered. He does not give the remotest shit about what current drama is on top of Labour's agenda, he wants to pay his bills and have something left over.

(man interchangeable with women, ofc)

You also seem to have this weird hangup about thinking that people that don't like how the Labour Party is heading must be anti-Labour, very strange.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's ridiculous that she can even stay on as an MP.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Stupid people still vote for him though...presumably fully aware that he is a waste of space. Leadsom has a 15k majority round here and she is a waste of skin.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The other concerning issue is how MPs manage to have the time for second jobs, no matter what their second job. Surely their day should be full of a MP related work and if not why not, does the level of apathy mean most people no longer expect their MP to deal with constituency work etc thus no longer bother contacting them which is every bit as concerning as actually spending time on their second job.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The other concerning issue is how MPs manage to have the time for second jobs, no matter what their second job. Surely their day should be full of a MP related work and if not why not, does the level of apathy mean most people no longer expect their MP to deal with constituency work etc thus no longer bother contacting them which is every bit as concerning as actually spending time on their second job.

Not necessarily a concern. Historically, being an MP has always been seen as part-time job that you do alongside a normal job. However, there is a big difference between that, and never doing any constituency work/turning up to parliament.

Also, I think attitudes towards this are probably changing, and it's not so widely accepted as the way it should be anymore.

Edit - My personal bigger concern is stuff like this - Daniel Kawczynski and his £250,000 goldmine - where MPs have roles than can potentially influence the fields they work in. So flagrantly corrupt. Also Kawczynski is a bell in general, and amazing he is still in a job. He once tweeted that All Germans are Nazis, you can't separate the two things. Obviously it was hastily deleted upon a whip/media manager seeing it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They're all bent.

A colleague had a right rant about people criticising Boris, being at work I couldn't call them a thick cunt that votes for corrupt scumbags who are in favour of making their life worse.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
They're all bent.

A colleague had a right rant about people criticising Boris, being at work I couldn't call them a thick cunt that votes for corrupt scumbags who are in favour of making their life worse.

you can always challenge in a more diplomatic way....

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It won't. And it is incredibly depressing that for many people, there is no other viable option, other than the Tories.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It won't. And it is incredibly depressing that for many people, there is no other viable option, other than the Tories.

Even it doesn't, Labour polled 20 points behind the Tories in 2017 and finished 2 points behind them. This big a swing is very promising.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Even it doesn't, Labour polled 20 points behind the Tories in 2017 and finished 2 points behind them. This big a swing is very promising.

Swings go both ways. I would also give it time since Labour are more than capable of shooting themselves in the foot and dropping below the Tories again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom