• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Actually - it's just outraged bullshit. If we were having a disagreement about deporting people and I said, "fuck that, I'd keep them and deport you" then nobody would blink.

It'd be a childish thing to say but normal.

But because Priti Patel is brown the outrage mob has jumped on it.

I'd love to fucking deport the bitch. But reality encroaches on that. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to say it though. Because my desire isn't racist - it's just to get rid.

I think if you were a non-white you would probably consider being told "you should be deported"" as being racist. Pretty much the same line as being told "go back home" ie get out of this country to where you belong like in Africa or India or somewhere else.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think if you were a non-white you would probably consider being told "you should be deported"" as being racist. Pretty much the same line as being told "go back home" ie get out of this country to where you belong like in Africa or India or somewhere else.

I dunno, I see it more closely related to the fact that she's ultimately in charge of deporting people rather than the colour of her skin tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you look at the context of the argument - absolutely not.

This is derailing of legitimate to-and-fro debate by literally playing the "race card".

Yes, it's politically a dumb choice of words - but only because "race card" exists and gets played.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If you looks at the context of the argument - absolutely not.

This is derailing of legitimate to-and-fro debate by literally playing the "race card".

Yes, it's politically a dumb choice of words - but only because "race card" exists and gets played.

Seeing people on TV talking about their experiences of racism I don't think it's a "card" they are playing. It genuinely adversely affects people regardless of the intention.

I dunno, I see it more closely related to the fact that she's ultimately in charge of deporting people rather than the colour of her skin tbh.

Yes I would possibly agree that the intent was not to be racists but in general saying things like that certainly comes across as being a racist thing to say.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes I would possibly agree that the intent was not to be racists but in general saying things like that certainly comes across as being a racist thing to say.
Bolded sentence /thread.

Racism is all about intent. If you say somethimg because of the colour of someone's skin then you're being racist.

If you say something and the person happens to be brown, that doesn't make you racist - and if someone starts to shout you down for it then that's playing the "race card".

The fact that he stupidly used those words is unfortunate because he should have known the race card would be played against him - but he wasn't being racist.

Instead, we've got a world where we have to tread on eggshells in case we're perceived to be racist.

I think they're likely both cumts, tbh. But I'd love to send Ms Patel "back where she came from" - unfortunately, that would probably be Dagenham. So I'd settle for someone shooting the bitch.

Obviously, though, I'm a total mysoginist - because if you use the word bitch you hate all women, right?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
He'd have been better off saying "I'd deport Priti Patel ; into space", to take out any racial risks.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Bolded sentence /thread.

Racism is all about intent. If you say somethimg because of the colour of someone's skin then you're being racist.

If you say something and the person happens to be brown, that doesn't make you racist - and if someone starts to shout you down for it then that's playing the "race card".

The fact that he stupidly used those words is unfortunate because he should have known the race card would be played against him - but he wasn't being racist.

Instead, we've got a world where we have to tread on eggshells in case we're perceived to be racist.

I think they're likely both cumts, tbh. But I'd love to send Ms Patel "back where she came from" - unfortunately, that would probably be Dagenham. So I'd settle for someone shooting the bitch.

Obviously, though, I'm a total mysoginist - because if you use the word bitch you hate all women, right?

sending her to Dagenham would be a terrible punishment

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Actually - it's just outraged bullshit. If we were having a disagreement about deporting people and I said, "fuck that, I'd keep them and deport you" then nobody would blink.

It'd be a childish thing to say but normal.

But because Priti Patel is brown the outrage mob has jumped on it.

I'd love to fucking deport the bitch. But reality encroaches on that. Doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to say it though. Because my desire isn't racist - it's just to get rid.

People can say what they want, but they also have to accept the consequences. The consequence in this case is people think he's a racist because it's very easy to misconstrue someones words when they say really fucking stupid things. Not sure what the problem is?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm slightly concerned though that this is yet another excuse for Starmer to just get rid of someone else on the left of the party.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm not sure people think he's racist as much as for many it gives the impression he might be, I suspect what most people are going to say is it was a very stupid thing to say due to the possible interpretation....but then that is Twitter for you.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure people think he's racist as much as for many it gives the impression he might be, I suspect what most people are going to say is it was a very stupid thing to say due to the possible interpretation....but then that is Twitter for you.
Yeah that's point I was trying to get across, just not very well

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So we're treading on eggshells because people like to shout "racist", where racism doesn't exist...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
So we're treading on eggshells because people like to shout "racist", where racism doesn't exist...

It's twitter, i don't know what you expect?

If you said it in the pub, no-one would probably bat an eye-lid. But twitter is full of fucking retards. Pro-tip - don't use it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It doesn't matter what he meant. It shows a complete lack of judgment. And yeah, just don't use twitter, it's chock full of nutters.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Having said that, the person being arrested is a suspected people trafficker, not an illegal immigrant (he might be both!)

Not really the point though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Having said that, the person being arrested is a suspected people trafficker, not an illegal immigrant (he might be both!)

Not really the point though.

She should be doing something useful rather than standing around for photo ops.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The only thing that she could do that is useful would involve a very long jump and a very short peer.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It probably came free with 1,000,000 useless surgical gowns.

Would be a deal breaker to that parasitic cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom