• Brexit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Your comment about education is bollocks, people still do things they've been educated about that is a risk/dangerous as people over the last 20+ years who've taken up smoking proves.

No, the numbers prove the opposite. Of course you will still get people who ignore advice to the contrary, that's human nature, but in absolute numbers smoking in developed countries (where there are consistent and visible education programmes) is in massive decline. Education isn't the only reason, tax is the other, but it does have an impact.

I'm not the one making a statement, perhaps you should proved some long term high quality evidence first.

Let me make this absolute unshakable statement, I don't want even more recreational drugs legalised ever as it'll solve nothing in reality.

I'm all for giving more help to users and decreasing prison times but on the other hand increasing prison time for dealers.

Regarding the Opioid Crisis - I used to support legalizing all drugs. Then the opioid epidemic happened.

The Opioid Crisis actually shows the education issue in the starkest terms; unscrupulous drug companies weren't selling these drugs with full information (and were actively hiding information); large numbers of people got hooked on "painkillers" not "synthetic heroin" (the numbers were then swollen by the general heroin user population switching over as well). This is a failure of regulation, not a failure of education.

Last edited:

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The days of traditional mass media are dying, they are losing their ability to spread agenda and shape our thoughts.
Social media is now the stomping ground for those who want control the conversation, I have practically disconnected from the TV in the front room and this is a large and growing trend.
It does mean I have be so aware of youtubes ability to create a bubble of thought as it feeds you content that fits your world view, but thats been the norm for the mainstream channels for decades.

Dangerous but enlightening times, but thats thats makes life worth living.

Anyway back to some guy living in a van.

You like YouTube because you can watch loads of far right videos as pass them off as factual.

Which is odd because I thought YouTube is a Liberal elite tool.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
33mqbwtts2541.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ha, so the courts have blocked the 3rd Heathrow runway because of the Paris agreement.

Well that pretty well ends any government on the planet signing a single piece of climate commitment ever again.

They just cant ignore it as usual, now any shmuck with a 2 dollar lawyer can block just about anything that makes a square inch of co2.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I believe that 3rd Heathrow runway has been blocked. I was watching politics live where it was stated that the government are not going to appeal but Heathrow will - so cant be a big issue for PM Cumm.... Johnson and gang.

Bozzas constituency backs on to LHR ..... anyone see anything interesting here oO?

Yoni

Yes but there are other less well read individuals here who may not be aware

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'd like to see the spend per person in London vs elsewhere. That would give a better idea as to the "inequality".

Also see what the return on investment is.

Job

I'd like to see the spend per person in London vs elsewhere. That would give a better idea as to the "inequality".

Also see what the return on investment is.
Obviously the tighter you pack people in the better the output, London vastly outperforms the rest of the country by pure information and goods logistics and once its gained that traction and reputation, then it just becomes THE place to do business.

No one wants to live there though...thats why the commuter belt extends to hundreds of miles.

I dont know who's actually complaining, they all ready spread out Londons wealth, those 100K scousers sitting on benefits arent being paid by the Beatle museum, if you want higher wages and a more expensive house, then go there...its not like the rest of the country is barred from moving.

DaGaffer

For the first one the missing piece is what Londoners put in per head, and on the second one London spending is wildly skewed by a single capital project, Crossrail, look at operational costs per head and you’d get a very different picture because public transport in London moves vastly more people.

The article is pretty facile tbh; complaining London has five times more spend for affordable housing misses the point entirely; London has needed affordable housing, particularly for key workers, for decades, so that’s where that particular money is spent; there wouldn’t be much point in spending it in Middlesbrough or Salford where could buy a street for the price of a bag of chips would there?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Indeed but it doesn't change the general fact London has higher revenue spend by government than anywhere else in the England, I would also argue the delivery of services etc in the other places is more expensive due to the dispersed nature of population in the other regions which makes it even worse.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN04033/SN04033.pdf

All this so called leveling up is interesting but the results won't be known for a decade either way, plus only seems to include areas up North so far.

Job

Londons too precious a resource to fuck with.

We'll be fine in the sticks.

DaGaffer

I find people moaning about hoarding funny.

Its not their fault there's no trust in our Government.

Can't wait for Brexit though.

Not a UK-specific issue tbh; I was talking to the Tesco delivery guy about it yesterday and he basically said everyone has lost their collective shit panic buying; he said he's never seen anything like it in Ireland.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not a UK-specific issue tbh; I was talking to the Tesco delivery guy about it yesterday and he basically said everyone has lost their collective shit panic buying; he said he's never seen anything like it in Ireland.
Sales are through the roof in Morrisons :)

Yoni

On Friday we went to the supermarket everything normal for a Friday early evening - Saturday however when I went to do the weekly shop - like a graveyard and the shop attendants on the till all now wear gloves. There is however plenty of toilet rolls :)

Job

The internet is falling over..both my 4G and virgin are struggling, youtube ads are just buffering away..got 2mbs on virgin.

Job

Ha, the Australian right wing Sky programs attack her on a daily basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom