Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes, but think of the Muslim vote.
Muslims were double estatic when Sadiq was voted mayor because he beat a jew.

Diversity is strength and all.

I thought your dislike for Khan has got nothing to do with him being Muslim?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Lib Dems in the lead, is Job shitting his pants yet?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yep. It's almost like there's coordinated effort to ensure Labour don't get in, isn't there.

As if there needs to be one, Labour is more than capable of stopping themselves getting in...as is the reality in this case.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As if there needs to be one, Labour is more than capable of stopping themselves getting in...as is the reality in this case.
I think there's so much noise - especially the splits within the party (never mind the antisemitism) that this lot never had a chance.

It's s shame - there's clear sppetite for their programme in the country but not with their own MP's - who are largely failed New Labour types who won't let go. So they continually shoot themselves in the feet...

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think having JC, JM, DA and co at the top is the largest self inflicted wound, made even worse since the dithering on Brexit has assured considerable damage in what would of been Labour heartlands.

Gwadien

It's actually depressing seeing people right at the bottom of society convinced that a hard right Tory party is better for them than Labour :/

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The Daily Mail is qouting a Survation poll that puts Boris 2% of Corbyn in trust with health policies.

Never heard of Survation and only last week polls were saying the opposite...so who knows.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am registrerad to vote in a constituency that I think I will have to vote LAB to keep the Torys out ;/ - @JBP| - do LD stand a chance at all there (as you are local)?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Survation caused a bit of a stir in the 2017 General Election...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
These tactical voting apps are a bit concerning, theres just a massive opportunity for tech giants to get involved in ways I cant even begin to comprehend.

Do you like this...?
Do you not want this?

Then vote for them..all done on hideously removed context.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I am registrerad to vote in a constituency that I think I will have to vote LAB to keep the Torys out ;/ - @JBP| - do LD stand a chance at all there (as you are local)?
Currently it's a labour council and conservative MP. Looking at local Facebook forums, neither are particularly popular. And ofcourse there are an amount of shouty Brexit-twatters.

I dont know if Lib Dems stand a chance here, but if enough people voted for them I guess they would?

Yoni

These tactical voting apps are a bit concerning, theres just a massive opportunity for tech giants to get involved in ways I cant even begin to comprehend.

Do you like this...?
Do you not want this?

Then vote for them..all done on hideously removed context.

not using a tactical voting app - asking an old friend what the current climate is as I haven’t lived there for 12 years

Yoni

Currently it's a labour council and conservative MP. Looking at local Facebook forums, neither are particularly popular. And ofcourse there are an amount of shouty Brexit-twatters.
So maybe LD won’t be wasted

Embattle

FH is my second home

As opposed to shouty Remoaner-twatters....you know like the most well known example (Steve Bray) outside the Palace of Westminster.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It's actually depressing seeing people right at the bottom of society convinced that a hard right Tory party is better for them than Labour :/

Again it tells more about ineptitude of Labour to be so far behind in the polls.

Gwadien

Again it tells more about ineptitude of Labour to be so far behind in the polls.

It's not nothing to do with Labour being inept.

It's more about the relentless propaganda campaign against Corbyn because he threatens the wealthy.

Yoni

I understand that maybe I am being optimistic but I have to vote according to my beliefs anything else surely makes a mockery of electoral rights

Yoni

It's not nothing to do with Labour being inept.

It's more about the relentless propaganda campaign against Corbyn because he threatens the wealthy.
It really isn’t

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It really isn’t
I think it's a combo.

He's the least charismatic man on the planet. They have an inability to communicate their (reasonably 'complex' but I think reasonable) brexit position clearly. And their strengths - NHS, austerity, social justice, wealth inequality - have been drowned out.

Couple that with absolutely a hostile media, a party made up of failed MP's who can't do the basic things Tories understand in their bones (argue behind closed doors, present a united front publically, sack people instantly if they step out of line - but look "the business") and a bullshit trumped up antisemitism campaign (devoured by the hostile media who will never accept 'enough' can be done) then they've no hope.

Gwadien

It really isn’t

It really is.

Stuff like he's a massive anti-Brexit guy, when the reality is that he is a Brexiteer himself.

Stuff like he meets with terrorist groups, when it turns out that most countries in the West do the same thing (GFA, Murica almost having a deal with the Taliban recently etc)

Stuff like he hates Jews, which is obviously complete and utter bollocks, it's because he disagrees with the way that Israel conducts itself and we shouldn't be treating them like their our BFFs, but like they're a rogue state which determines your position in society based on your religion/skin colour.

Stuff like he's going to destroy the economy, and we should all take note from the 70s when Labour 'wrecked' the country back then with Lefty policies; but it would be unfair to suggest that Boris is going to do the same thing as Thatcher which was arguably far more damaging to the people at the bottom of society.

Stuff like he's going to tax the shit out of everyone, but the reality is that unless you're earning hundreds of thousands a year, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, and maybe we should be getting the big companies to pay tax and not allowing them to get away with paying fuck all which will definitely get worse under a new Boris Government.

Contrary to popular belief on this forum, I don't support Labour, I'm much more in favour of the Lib Dems, but it's utterly ridiculous to suggest that there hasn't been a smear campaign against Labour and Corbyn, because of their political views and how it'll upset the establishment.

Meanwhile Boris is being portrayed as a hero of the people, lol. It's going to be funny when the NHS is finally privatised and then whoever suggests we should nationalise it again is going to be portrayed as a traitor to the UK etc.

Yoni

I’m sorry but I do not believe that - I believe what puts people off Corbyn is that he flipflops especially on the Brexit issue.. Additionally after watching hours of him debating with May or Bozza he doesn’t bring much to the opposition and it is a bit frustrating. When faced with a charismatic speaker like Bozza - the opposition needs to be ready for anything- he is not - so his policies some of which I approve of do not get heard ....

Gwadien

I’m sorry but I do not believe that - I believe what puts people off Corbyn is that he flipflops especially on the Brexit issue.. Additionally after watching hours of him debating with May or Bozza he doesn’t bring much to the opposition and it is a bit frustrating. When faced with a charismatic speaker like Bozza - the opposition needs to be ready for anything- he is not - so his policies some of which I approve of do not get heard ....

Do you really think your average voter watches PMQs? Or are they more likely to be influenced by social media and pro-Tory newspapers that keep repeating the same messages of Corbyn loving terrorists or that he's going to destroy everyone's jobs, and he hates jews?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think Yons is closer to my ideas on it tbh.

Disagree that they've dithered on Brexit - they've taken a stance which says "we'll respect the referendum and leave, we want to negotiate our own deal, present that deal to the public for their ratification, then enact or withdraw it - but we have to be in power to do this"

That's a good, solid, compromise position right there. And that's the problem - society is polarised:

Remainers: Cancel Brexit - fuck labour - we want it cancelled.

Brexiteers: Fuck labour - that's not a hard enough leave!

Johnson: DO OR DIE! (can't deliver, fucks over remainers, picks up votes)

Lib Dems: CANCEL BREXIT! (can't deliver, fucks over leavers, picks up votes)

Labour: Look, if you vote for us, we'll still leave, we'll get a deal, then you get a say.

Public: Fuck you, you incompetent dithering bastards! Why haven't you delivered <whatever brexit/remainer wants>? We're voting <tory/lib dem> instead.

The Torys'll win. There'll be a race to the bottom, erosion of rights etc etc - and people will point the finger at Labour and blame THEM despite the fact that they had the choice not to be partisan cunts and vote for a party that would actually give all sides a choice.

Gwadien

But then you're saying you're voting for the Green party?

Although, that being said I'd imagine it's a easy Labour seat where you live.

Yoni

Do you really think your average voter watches PMQs? Or are they more likely to be influenced by social media and pro-Tory newspapers that keep repeating the same messages of Corbyn loving terrorists or that he's going to destroy everyone's jobs, and he hates jews?
Do you think Blair was successful due to Blair or the press’ annihilation of John Major and the aftermath of Thatcher whilst promoting new Labour ideals?

It was a similar issue..... Blair was very charismatic and unlike Bozza popular with the female vote ;)- Major was as grey as his skin on a post Thatcher downward spiral....

This is how politics is Gwad..... The question you should be asking is : why do people support a mysoginist woman beater who is only in this for his own net worth increase over a jew hating terrorist supporting wimp?

None of those allegations are necessarily true or false it is just rhetoric and who can spin more effectively

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But then you're saying you're voting for the Green party?.
Because humans are almost all fucking idiots who don't seem to grasp the reality that the biggest existential issues facing global mankind are environmental in nature and we're all still pissing around with brexit and worrying about money - a totally artificial construct that we'd get around if the shit really hit the fan - rather than fixing what really matters for the whole planet.

But then - there's a reason we don't hear from advanced alien societies when we have a universe that's purportedly repleat with planets that could potentially support life, isn't there... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom