Down

J

Jonaldo

Can we lay off the 'French' argument.

I'm English but I really do think you're more retarded if you think someones nationality is the reason why they can or can't do a job well (excpet things like translators) than those that actually can't do the job.

Servers ballsed up again and GOA have got to take the responsibility really but saying it happened because GOA are French just makes you all look like twats.

And I hope Hib gets to keep the relic they took, it was deserved.

K

Krakatau

Sure it was deserved :m00:

Was on the phone with a friend after being kicked out from game - 17 mids in Yggdra, and before that there was plenty more mids there. But sure, not being able to log back in is a good way to get the hands on relics easily...

And stop that "French" argument as mentioned before.
Guess we all are pretty annoyed with the service from GOA at sometimes..Perhaps even more than sometimes ;)

But I'd like to think it's nothing to do with them being french.

K

Krakatau

Sure it was deserved :m00:

Was on the phone with a friend after being kicked out from game - 17 mids in Yggdra, and before that there was plenty more mids there. But sure, not being able to log back in is a good way to get the hands on relics easily...

And stop that "French" argument as mentioned before.
Guess we all are pretty annoyed with the service from GOA at sometimes..Perhaps even more than sometimes ;)

But I'd like to think it's nothing to do with them being french.

N

ning

Originally posted by brite
if they solved this problem on excalibur maybe they might of realised it might happen on another of the server and therefore sort it before it happened....

but guess what...

THEY DIDNT BOTHER....

YOU KNOW WHY ?????

THERE FRENCH !!!

lets all go to dover and strike so no french exports can get through and ruin there economy for no reason what so fuking ever.... just for the crack of it.... classic

According to you, SOE is also french :
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum8/HTML/007676.html

PS : If french (or german, or what you want in the EU) economy is ruined, UK also cause of the European Union :D
hihi welcome in the real world.

PPS : Hey I can also find stupid arguments like yours :
Could you quote me at least one UK firm that run or sell a MMORPG ?
SOE (Everquest, Planetside, SWG): USA
AC1, AC2 (Microsoft) : USA
GOA (DAOC-Europe), UbiSoft (Everquest Europe, they also sell PlanetSide in Europe) : France
Funcom (Anarchy Online) : Norway.
Ok now maybe you understand that the *national* argument is always stupid. Long life to Europe :)

D

Darac

Originally posted by Cathul
Btw., what happened to those players who finished some quests today?
Was there a rollback on Excalibur when it had the 3 day crash?

/Cathul

I hope not. I went from 43-45 today exping from 13:00 to 22:00 gmt.

S

seaotter

I dont reply much but if european economy fails <like it is already> doesn't affect uk half as much as france and germany would like, due to us still having control over our taxation and monetary policy. Also without the english you wouldn't have a computer to start with <we invented it> oh and without clive sinclair<english> you certainly couldn't have afford one.Btw i'm not anti european just hate the 'all english hate the french issue' when it comes down to it like any small company mistakes are made and we have to live with it, the biggest problem we have as a community is the addiction this game brings with it 'can't get my fix look for someone to blame' and in all honesty the standards that we set will never be reached by any company.

OTTER
SEAOTTER
BIGOTTER
OTTERLING<ok i'm struggling for otter's now>

D

Demrog

There will be no roll back except maybe the relics so your XP is safe :)

By the way I got this straight from the horses mouth so its good.

<wonders if Kemor minds being called a horse>

;)

C

Cathul

Well, everything's fine with me as long as i don't have to repeat Ogre's Might. :D

With the relicraid from the hibs, i doubt that they can keep it. I guess GOA will take them away from them like they did in the past in similar situations.

You know, it's not like hibs conquered the relic early in the morning when nobody was around by choice, but they conquered them while a hell lot of players couldn't even log in to defend them although they were willing to do so.

Imho these are two totally different situations and even if Albion was the realm to conquer a relic under these circumstances i would like to see them put back to Midgard by GOA.
You know, this is not the way i like to conquer a relic.

/Cathul

O

old.windforce

if they roll back and i loose 4,5 bub of exp on my infil and 2 levels on my cleric i will be VERY pissed

N

ning

Originally posted by seaotter
I dont reply much but if european economy fails <like it is already> doesn't affect uk half as much as france and germany would like

France and Germany would like nothing.

, due to us still having control over our taxation and monetary policy.

You can do nothing with only monetary and taxation cause most (80%) of the UK' business is done with European Union. If european economy fails, UK economy fails.

N

ning

Originally posted by Cathul
Well, everything's fine with me as long as i don't have to repeat Ogre's Might. :D

With the relicraid from the hibs, i doubt that they can keep it. I guess GOA will take them away from them like they did in the past in similar situations.

You know, it's not like hibs conquered the relic early in the morning when nobody was around by choice, but they conquered them while a hell lot of players couldn't even log in to defend them although they were willing to do so.

Imho these are two totally different situations and even if Albion was the realm to conquer a relic under these circumstances i would like to see them put back to Midgard by GOA.
You know, this is not the way i like to conquer a relic.

/Cathul

"it was also decided that the status of the relic should be reset as they were before the problems that occured yesterday due to the fact that a lot of players were unable to defend them since the zone of Midgard had crashed just before the problem, leaving Midgard undefended. Midgard is therefore back with six relics in hands."

J

Jonaldo

And what do hib get in return for losing the relic they took fair and square?

C

chretien

And what do hib get in return for losing the relic they took fair and square?
They learn never to take advantage of hardware failure to perform somthing as important as a Relic Raid. You didn't take it fair and square, what you did was wait until the Mids and Albs, through no fault of their own, were effectively removed from the game, then exploited that disadvantage. A fair and square relic raid is one where defenders can if they want to come and defend and the other realm can if they want to interfere. 7am relic raids are lame but fair, what the hibs did was both lame and unfair

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by chretien
They learn never to take advantage of hardware failure to perform somthing as important as a Relic Raid. You didn't take it fair and square, what you did was wait until the Mids and Albs, through no fault of their own, were effectively removed from the game, then exploited that disadvantage. A fair and square relic raid is one where defenders can if they want to come and defend and the other realm can if they want to interfere. 7am relic raids are lame but fair, what the hibs did was both lame and unfair

hmmmm, I smell something funny.. and I think it's bullshit :D
You really think Hibs figured that lots of albs and mids weren't online and yet somehow.. magically, majestically lots of Hibs managed to use super uber hax!! and stay on prydwen. Then instantly managed to gather ~100 people together, create a cg, organise them into groups, get enough ram parts then set off across to Midgard and take the relic?

If anyone can manage such a feat in a short space of time with limited resources and of course such ub0r h4x to stay on the server in the first place then it's more than deserved.

Of course, maybe it was all organised a long time before.

Login server crashes = GOAs problem.
GOA has no idea how to handle customers
Reset everything = Hibs problems.

I won't blame them for being French as this has no bearing on the issuse unlike what some seem to think.

But I can accuse them of being incompetent imbeciles who cannot seem to organise this game or even look into what happened.

They take something from Hib, they compensate, it's simple. I would just like to know what Hib gets in return for losing the relic :p (that they took fair and square) :D

(cry more n00b etc etc)

S

shiro

Originally posted by Darac
I hope not. I went from 43-45 today exping from 13:00 to 22:00 gmt.

I was playing in alb when excal crashed. We captured all relics if i am not wrong hehe. but then there was a rollback =(

C

chretien

The server crash didn't affect everybody. Many Albs and mids didn't get dropped, only those in frontier zones it seems. Who suggested that Hibs somehow "hacked the server" to stay logged in? Unfortunately all the Mids and Albs who did drop were the majority of the high levels online thus leaving those two realms paralysed for the purposes of realm warfare.
Even if the raid was planned in advance, you should have known better than to carry it through during a server crash (and don't tell me you had no way of knowing about it - these forums were the busiest I've ever seen them last night and I'll bet IRC was just on fire). Someone in all of those relic raiding Hibs must have thought "There's no way this is going to stick" surely? It's even happened before so there's a precedent.

As for 'Cry more' I'm not the one who is crying...

J

Jonaldo

You say Hibs intentionally carried out this rr BECAUSE the login servers crashed. Maybe you now want to change your statement?

I didn't know the servers went down. Why read the forums if you're playing a game?

Still, I know it's not ever going to happen like.. EVER but I still reckon that if they can just take a relic and give it to Mudguard like that then surely they can figure out some kind of reimbursment.

And btw, I'll argue forever, I enjoy these things.

C

chretien

I didn't say it was intentional but that isn't the point, whether it was or not it was still unfair.
And just cos you don't monitor IRC or BW while playing the game doesn't mean that no-one in Hib does - I don't either for what it's worth but I know a lot of Albs do. I'd be astonished if the situation wasn't the same in the other two realms.
There is no compensation to make here, the Hibs haven't lost anything other than something they shouldn't have taken inthe first place.

R

rynnor

The example was already set on Excaliber - in that case the Albs got relics while defenders couldnt login - GOA reset the relic positions - rightly so in my opinion even though I play Alb there.

The Hibs had no chance of a sucessfull Relic raid last night if the server hadnt got screwed up anyway - practically all of Mid was in our frontier.

I'm pretty sure no Relic Keep with a decent number of defenders has ever fallen - could be wrong but I cant remember one?

M

mannschaft

Ppl outside Scandinavia should not play with things they don't understand, i.e computer communications.

There's are a lack of skill and infrastructure in most part of Europe. So why letting this operations take place there? Let them run the french servers for support etc, fine. But let some others handle the technical part. Works so much better if ppl know what they are doing.

W

Wibbler2

Can I just point out to the hibs, that a relic raiding 200 (ish) albs were halfway across the frontier on the way to the POWER relic keep when the zone crashed.

If the zone hadn't crashed, the hibs would have had an army of albs ploughing through them to get to the relics, so, do you really think you still got the relic fairly?

:sleeping:

J

Jonaldo

Yep, with 200 albs worth of RP's as a bonus ^^

and we DID get it fairly.

B

Big-G-

lol i like this omni guy
he knows how to get a good wind-up going
:D

N

ning

Originally posted by mannschaft
Ppl outside Scandinavia should not play with things they don't understand, i.e computer communications.

There's are a lack of skill and infrastructure in most part of Europe.

haha funny. Good joke :D

Users who are viewing this thread