Down

T

tris-

Originally posted by tildson
account already logged in.

I dont like Systembolagets service aswell, but monopoly is monopoly. Maybe a bad comparison :>

GOA isnt a monopoly else theyd be taken to court cos its illegal man!

R

rynnor

Server is still up - its just the bit that lets you into that server thats down - my mate had 2nd char on the select char screen - after the crash he started another char with no problems - pretty empty in there he said tho :)

B

brite

Originally posted by rynnor
Server is still up - its just the bit that lets you into that server thats down - my mate had 2nd char on the select char screen - after the crash he started another char with no problems - pretty empty in there he said tho :)

hes gonna lvl to 50 and get relics :O

F

Fatfish

(GOA isnt a monopoly else theyd be taken to court cos its illegal man!) posted by n3wbie

Think he got mixed up. They arn't a molopoly but i am sure they play it all day thats why sod all is done around the goa office.

R

rynnor

Originally posted by brite
hes gonna lvl to 50 and get relics :O

Heh - started as in click on play on an existing char - plus hes a mid and has no relics left to collect ;)

K

klavrynd

can we please pay higher subscription fees so the incompetent idiots at goa can go get themselves drunk more and work less?

R

rynnor

If I remember rightly this is the 'Excaliber effect' - same thing happened there when the albs relic raided mid - those still on could play but the others were locked out.

Only a server upgrade sorted this for them (if indeed it is fixed there?).

Its a shame because tonight was fun and what the game is really about rather than emain rp farming :)

F

Flesh

Was getting worried that my account had been hacks0red. oO

L

lairiodd

Why dont they log everyone out and press reboot ?

O

old.Hardbein

Originally posted by lairiodd
Why dont they log everyone out and press reboot ?

Prydwen aint running Windows©, so not needed :p

I

Ironica

Prolly couse no-one is on at mthinc.. frenchies like their sleep.. and dont have night guards or whatever..

Sadly i was about to do my lvl 50 epic, and dit my lvl 48 epic today.... if we get a rollback I will be like pissed off at GOA :)

What seems to have happened is that 99% of ppl in main mid realm got kicked.. ppl in dungeons experienced heavy lag at the time.. Mid player numbers dropped down from 550 to 150.. explain that happening in 10 sec.. Also the ghost account thing happened.. hmm Upgrade the damn thing!

Oh and if they nerf mid having all relics to give them back to alb... we go on strike... i suppose...

Hope to cya ingame tomorrow.. or.. well.. anytime soon!!

/Salute

B

Balbor

oh well while its down i might as well patch the old DOAC client up.

I

Ironica

went down at approx 23:25.. grrr and that on a sunday night :/

L

lairiodd

One would assume that theres always someone in the building at all times ... right ? :)

The login screen shows prydwen down, so that means that it has been detected. Then it should sound a buzzer somewhere ... or maybe text message someone or beep them.

M

Mandorr

says that I am still logged in aven though I got booted 1 hour + ago. so i cant even go play on another server.
waaa I wanna play

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by brite
yeh you mean eclipse where out to be leeches and maybe steal a relic on the off chance

ROFL.

We were just getting some RP when your RR force came through AMG the first time.

How many did we kill with the 8 of us? 4/5 FG? :>

Luckily Furb caught that fight on video xDDD

M

mannschaft

I suspect the french dudes finally skipped testing their smelly nukes at the islands down south. They just popped the nuke into the server and it went kabooom.

Why in gods name are Mythic letting these feeble dorks run the servers? The are not able to do it, and the frogs are underdeveloped when it comes to bandwith as well. Sucks bad imo.

S

sorusi

same thing happened on excal, login server crashed too, so ppl that dropped off on excal could not login on their accounts (including playing pvp/prydwen/french/german servers) - this was going on for 2 - 3 days if i remember it correctly :p and goa was eating baguettes meanwhile or something

L

Litmus

heh well hibs took the power relic in the mean time, well the ones that are still loged in and didnt get kicked :)

V

Vaire

angry.jpg

N

Nalikin

Reply from GOA on the news section

Prydwen problems
[2003-28-07]

Around 9.30pm BST on Sunday 27th of July, the authentification server of Prydwen as well as some of the zones went down. Our admins are working on it as I type this however, as we saw when this happened to Excalibur, the procedure can take time.
I cannot give any ETA for now. Some players are still in game, without any problem (the zones are already back up) but players cannot connect to Prydwen itself. Also, some other players have their account "ghosted", preventing them to play on other servers as well. These accounts will be "un-ghosted" on a case by case basis as soon as everything is back to normal with Prydwen.
On a related note, all relic movements happening while Prydwen is having problems is suggest to "rollback". Some realms are more affected than others and any actions taken against relic keeps will be analysed once Prydwen is back up and running correctly.
We are sincely sorry for all players who are affected by this server issue, more information about all this tomorrow morning.

R

raithian

Originally posted by Cathul
Btw., what happened to those players who finished some quests today?
Was there a rollback on Excalibur when it had the 3 day crash?

/Cathul

after our server crash there was no roleback chars were reset to where thay was about 30 mins before crash i loged back in and was between the keep and relic about half way as was alot of other mids as was a few hibs trying to pick of ppl reloging back into game

B

brite

if they solved this problem on excalibur maybe they might of realised it might happen on another of the server and therefore sort it before it happened....

but guess what...

THEY DIDNT BOTHER....

YOU KNOW WHY ?????

THERE FRENCH !!!

lets all go to dover and strike so no french exports can get through and ruin there economy for no reason what so fuking ever.... just for the crack of it.... classic

Users who are viewing this thread