dont join this guild!.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
soz guys

just here to make my last post.. wanted to say sry for this,, just realised how silly it was to make a thread about this on fh, just got mega pissed of getting booted. should ofc had talked to adreq or just ignored it and moved on,. yet again im sry guys and sry i made it look like flame on PL.

hope you can forgive me and move on with me :cheers: im abit weired. :m00:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
necromania said:
just here to make my last post.. wanted to say sry for this,, just realised how silly it was to make a thread about this on fh, just got mega pissed of getting booted. should ofc had talked to adreq or just ignored it and moved on,. yet again im sry guys and sry i made it look like flame on PL.

hope you can forgive me and move on with me :cheers: im abit weired. :m00:

Too late

A lot of people realised your true self ;)

Kedalin

Fledgling Freddie
Just had to say that cause it was a very... funny announcement. Even some time has passed since it was written. Keep up with funny QQ threads, helps me kill time holes. :)

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Well, in case Laird or his little bro DO read this, Jupitus still exists in the Prydwen database, and in his backpack still remains the famous Flask of Whiskey, originally opened and passed round by Laird during the first ever relic defense on Prydwen

God yeah, I remember that.. I think Lamont was level 30 or something, and there were hordes, and I mean HORDES of purple trolls bangin' on the doors... just about wet my pants :D

As for the ! when you wanted to make a point at the old 'Unity' meetings, the ones I went to had 3 or 4 members from each of the 15 odd member guilds of Unity, and it was only the rebels without a cause (yeah Corranhorn, you KNOW I mean you:cheers: ) who had a problem with it. These meetings degenerated into chaos without some level of control... 5 topics getting spoken about at the same time by 40 odd people with typing delays = incomprehensible text....:eek6: Always made me laugh that those who voiced discontent with the system never came up with a workable alternative... not that I can remember anyway.

Still, glad to see PL have been almost unanimously voted a good and friendly guild. Personally, I think that comes down to the kinds of people in the guild, and especially the kind of people the GMs let INTO the guild.. and kick out of course...

You get my meaning?

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
Isgaroth - the bump was specially for you.... and anyone else who got bored at work again...

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Lamont said:
As for the ! when you wanted to make a point at the old 'Unity' meetings, the ones I went to had 3 or 4 members from each of the 15 odd member guilds of Unity, and it was only the rebels without a cause (yeah Corranhorn, you KNOW I mean you:cheers: ) who had a problem with it. These meetings degenerated into chaos without some level of control... 5 topics getting spoken about at the same time by 40 odd people with typing delays = incomprehensible text....:eek6: Always made me laugh that those who voiced discontent with the system never came up with a workable alternative... not that I can remember anyway.

Albion GM meetings! I've attached a screenshot from a realm-wide GM meeting a long time ago! :p

As you can see it was very productive. :)

Attachments

• 2002-10-16.albion-gm-meeting.jpg
    2002-10-16.albion-gm-meeting.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 106

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I should of started reading alb/pryd forums ages ago.

This guy is a classic!!! am absolute star!!!

In the last day this fantastic individual has gone straight to the top of my FH heroes list! Necrodoodah or whatever your name is, keep up the retarded comments! Work will never be boring again! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lamont said:
God yeah, I remember that.. I think Lamont was level 30 or something, and there were hordes, and I mean HORDES of purple trolls bangin' on the doors... just about wet my pants

As for the ! when you wanted to make a point at the old 'Unity' meetings, the ones I went to had 3 or 4 members from each of the 15 odd member guilds of Unity, and it was only the rebels without a cause (yeah Corranhorn, you KNOW I mean you:) who had a problem with it. These meetings degenerated into chaos without some level of control... 5 topics getting spoken about at the same time by 40 odd people with typing delays = incomprehensible text....:Always made me laugh that those who voiced discontent with the system never came up with a workable alternative... not that I can remember anyway.

Still, glad to see PL have been almost unanimously voted a good and friendly guild. Personally, I think that comes down to the kinds of people in the guild, and especially the kind of people the GMs let INTO the guild.. and kick out of course...

You get my meaning?

Oi, dont blame me :(

I didnt go to the meetings as they ended up the most pointless waste of time going. People said things and never acted on it. Just always was comical that you had no voice until Laird allowed it. And as he was one the biggest prats at times i wouldnt let him have any power over me.

For example of how much of a prat he was.

3am, 11 unity members on. I chat on /as and entertaining people about my RvR goings on (solo and pissing about with fg's etc, killing them, dying to them, getting zerged etc) and everyone was having a laugh with me (got pm's about it as some couldnt talk on /as).

Then Laird pm's me with some shit like "Stop spamming /as or i will report you to your guild leader" followed by two minutes later "Im going to bed, but im leaving my game running and logging /as so i know what you doing"

Ok i pm'd some piss take at him and spammed /as further due to that. Think he complained but told them where to shove it. And as I normally good friends with my GM's (Ootkt exception- some right power hungry fools there :p) I get away with alot :p

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
riiiiiight.... time to spank a Corran for the bad boy that he wants to be.

1. Didn't go to the meetings, but still felt obliged to judge em all as useless? Hope I don't have to explain why the logic of that is a bit... naff?

2. Had no voice till Laird allowed it, so, um, you think if 40 guys all shouted out at once, like you wanted to, 'anything' would be heard? Or do you mean you wanted everyone to listen to you whenever you wanted to speak:p

3. And as he was one the biggest prats at times i wouldnt let him have any power over me. Think you should read this entire thread matey, not a lot of people would agree with you that he was a big prat... and I hate to burst your ego-bubble, but guys like Laird gained any 'power' they might have had through the respect they gained for doing a difficult job well (yes, some would disagree, but the vast majority know the truth of it). Unity was THE single most successful alliance on the server for a loooong time, and a lot of that was down to the organisation and effort put in by guys like Laird.

Most players try to help guys like that out. Some prefer to be rebellious and make the job those guys try to do more difficult. No problem there, as the 'rebels' pay their subscription like anyone else.

But in a team game, team players are SO much more valuable to the team than those who blindly follow a principle of 'none shall ever have power over me'

Can't remember who the chap was from years and years ago (I'm sure anyone who still plays Rome-Total War could tell us) who said...

Before one can lead, one must learn how to follow.

You, Corran, I shall always remember as part of my DAOC experience, some of those memories will be good (still laugh out loud when I remember you charging out of Castle Sauvage 5 times a minute at level 45 to attack 2 fg Hibs solo - the dedication was inspirational), and some of em will be 'God that guy was a right royal pain in the ass!' (admit it, you were)... I didn't think we were power hungry in OotKT (we just took great care in keeping up the standards the guild had set for itself), but you just BEGGED us to slap you around..constantly!.. you loved taking the stage as the oppressed solo crusader <puts on Monty Python Accent> Help me, I'm being oppressed!

And if you are honest, you admitted to me afterwards that a lot of the more 'political' gamers used you and your rebelliousness to further their own agendas. I actually felt sorry for you, cos I don't think you knew how much you added to the OotKT (in a pain in the ass way of course:p ) and were meant to be with them; if you had known, you may have avoided becoming a pawn of the 'real' power-hungry fools... you know who I mean.;)

Anyway, thanks just for being you I guess. :worthy: Life would have been so much duller without you.

I've tried doing short posts, I really have.... it ... is.... too..... hard

Lamont

Fledgling Freddie
And GReaper!

What a CRACKIN' screenshot... all those names brought back some memories I can tell you. Can even see myself lurking in the background, probably grumbling as all tight Jocks do about the waste of a ram :mad:

You got any more?

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Let's bump shitty old threads, YUZZAH!
Have a cookie! Cookie monster saved one just for you!
cookie-monster-in-rehab.png

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lamont said:
riiiiiight.... time to spank a Corran for the bad boy that he wants to be.

1. Didn't go to the meetings, but still felt obliged to judge em all as useless? Hope I don't have to explain why the logic of that is a bit... naff?

2. Had no voice till Laird allowed it, so, um, you think if 40 guys all shouted out at once, like you wanted to, 'anything' would be heard? Or do you mean you wanted everyone to listen to you whenever you wanted to speak:

3. And as he was one the biggest prats at times i wouldnt let him have any power over me. Think you should read this entire thread matey, not a lot of people would agree with you that he was a big prat... and I hate to burst your ego-bubble, but guys like Laird gained any 'power' they might have had through the respect they gained for doing a difficult job well (yes, some would disagree, but the vast majority know the truth of it). Unity was THE single most successful alliance on the server for a loooong time, and a lot of that was down to the organisation and effort put in by guys like Laird.

Most players try to help guys like that out. Some prefer to be rebellious and make the job those guys try to do more difficult. No problem there, as the 'rebels' pay their subscription like anyone else.

But in a team game, team players are SO much more valuable to the team than those who blindly follow a principle of 'none shall ever have power over me'

Can't remember who the chap was from years and years ago (I'm sure anyone who still plays Rome-Total War could tell us) who said...

Before one can lead, one must learn how to follow.

You, Corran, I shall always remember as part of my DAOC experience, some of those memories will be good (still laugh out loud when I remember you charging out of Castle Sauvage 5 times a minute at level 45 to attack 2 fg Hibs solo - the dedication was inspirational), and some of em will be 'God that guy was a right royal pain in the ass!' (admit it, you were)... I didn't think we were power hungry in OotKT (we just took great care in keeping up the standards the guild had set for itself), but you just BEGGED us to slap you around..constantly!.. you loved taking the stage as the oppressed solo crusader <puts on Monty Python Accent> Help me, I'm being oppressed!

And if you are honest, you admitted to me afterwards that a lot of the more 'political' gamers used you and your rebelliousness to further their own agendas. I actually felt sorry for you, cos I don't think you knew how much you added to the OotKT (in a pain in the ass way of course:p ) and were meant to be with them; if you had known, you may have avoided becoming a pawn of the 'real' power-hungry fools... you know who I mean.;

Anyway, thanks just for being you I guess. Life would have been so much duller without you.

I've tried doing short posts, I really have.... it ... is.... too..... hard

Less long posts.

1) I attended some meetings before figuring they were mainly useless in most areas.

2) Laird was just a pain in the arse with some the shit in came out with in private.. publicly he was different to that in private. But thats life. Alot of people thought he was an idiot, not just me. But of course it comes down to your personal view.

3) Unity had time of success, wouldnt really say that was Lairds doing though. There were some great leaders within the alliance that took up most the slack for leading raids/defences.

4) I done both my share of following and leading... but i will not follow a leader that is acting clueless. Does that make me bad? To the leader maybe, but if he dont listen to advice then he doesnt deserve my backing.

5) I am god, all shall bow before me, listen and do as i say :p

Nah seriously, Ootkt was a laugh if not set in only a certain "type" or roleplay. Many times what i done was in an attempt to steer things further away from it and have a more all round enjoyable experience, but people didnt want it. They wanted it all hugs and kisses, I was a thorn in their side and it was funny for me. However in the end i had enough of it and made plans outside of the guild. And never looked back.

Even after leaving the guild certain people tried to cause trouble for me and started to talk to new GM's etc. Bloody hilarious that they just ignored it though for the shit stirring that it was. But even after i had been out the guild for months, there was still people that wouldnt let it go and as such bitterness continued. Hell im sure you remember that even when i posted helpful stuff for my friends on the forums people deleted them, they spoke shit about me and didnt like me responding in kind. But was good distraction and i had fun with it.

As for the political gamers using me... sure they did but i was not a pawn for them. For i knew what they were doing but no longer cared at that point. I had some good times in templars but as i went on my focus changed, people pissed me off and i wouldnt hold my tongue... politics aint my game as you know. I just spoke my mind and gave up caring how some people felt as they deserved whatever they got.

Probably one the funniest templar experiences after leaving though was when i was asked to help teach some people about opted group warfare and led a group. 6templars and 2 non-templar "trainers". And a certain minstral cried alot and ran away (you know who :p ) when told not to do certain things he was doing. Had to have been 8 months after i left and got the "Why would i listen to you, caused nothing but trouble you bastard!" messages ... God they were good times :D

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Lamont said:
And GReaper!

What a CRACKIN' screenshot... all those names brought back some memories I can tell you. Can even see myself lurking in the background, probably grumbling as all tight Jocks do about the waste of a ram :mad:

You got any more?

Not really. :(

However that was a moment that needed a screenshot. :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I wish i took screenshots of the LoE sotl Alliance sometimes.

Loch against Vayasen

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Bubble said:
I wish i took screenshots of the LoE sotl Alliance sometimes.

Loch against Vayasen

Some of the arguements on /as between LoE and Sotl were epic. They were always a good laugh. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom