Define the term zerg

atos

Fledgling Freddie
What does the term zerged mean to you?

According to some poeple you are zerging if you run a mixed group of stealthers and nonstealthers.

Some say you zerg if you outnumber them 4vs8.

What do you think?

Discuss, please no flames take it somewhere else.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
What does the term zerged mean to you?

According to some poeple you are zerging if you run a mixed group of stealthers and nonstealthers.

It was in regards to you running with stealthers, assumedly to counter the albs stealth groups, but ending up only killing the solo/duo'ers with your outnumbering group members. As far as im concerened, if you've zerged before, then deserve to have it done back to you. However if you only solo then imo 3+ is zerging you and being general arseholes for it.

Cyfr

Banned
I class zerging as running with enough numbers to 'own' the enemy without skill, the numbers depend on class IE stealthers 1+ is a zerg :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
wild guess, everything where one side has no chance to win due to overhelming numbers.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
People hate getting zerged, still they do the same to others by purely outnumbering them.

I can understand why people get upset when stealthers and nonstealthers group. Stealthers are used to hiding and getting the choise when and where to jump someone. If you ever played a nonstealther you would probably feel the same or maybe even worse.

When I solo, people jump me with duos and trios. I find myself serverly outnumbered 90% of the time. Thats the reason why I've been running in trios and duos mostly lately. But classing me as a zerger just because I group with one special disliked person. OK, there is seriously something wrong with the menality of people on the daoc servers these days.

Would you consider it zerging if your group jumped a sorc who mezzed you all. And none had purge or determination and he killed you all? Woudl the sorc zerg you because he managed to wipe you all without getting a scratch?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Cylian said:
wild guess, everything where one side has no chance to win due to overhelming numbers.

this would also basically be my definition also. Zerging would be to outnumber and thus leave the opponent no chance of survival. This means that the more people you are with the bigger the number of people needed to be involved to zerg you.

Being that it is to do with chances of survival it means that abilities of players and groups also can be in effect. For example, if you have 2fg of unbalance groups with 1 cleric between them up against a RvR guild group then i wouldnt say they zerging as such. They have a numerical advantage but their chance of survival is extremely low. Yet if that 2fg runs into 1fg of random enemy they will flatten them and as such would of zerged them.

To me a distinction has to be made between the two but thats just mean. It all to do with the ability of survival.

When it come to stealthers the matter is totally different thou. This is because the ability to remain hidden changes everything. 2stealthers against a solo person = zerg as they got no chance of fighting back. 2pa or crit shots and you basically dead if not dead. When a stealther groups with non stealthers and unstealths people infront of them then they are zergin as they are eliminating people without use of skills and using numerical advantages to kill and nothing else.

So back to the original thing. To zerg is to dominate an opponent to a degree that they cant fight back with a hope of survival. (and dont talk about high rr vs low rr people 1vs1 as the chance of survival are low but they are there still)

Corran

Part of the furniture
atos said:
Would you consider it zerging if your group jumped a sorc who mezzed you all. And none had purge or determination and he killed you all? Woudl the sorc zerg you because he managed to wipe you all without getting a scratch?

I would say that your group sucked if this was the case :p

If you jumped the solo sorc then it is YOU that was trying to zerg by attacking and using a numerical advantage. If he went on to kill you all, then that is good play by him and bad play by you.

Bad play = You didnt stun him to prevent a qc. You didn't spread out on approach so that you didnt all get mezzed. etc.

Sorc good play = He selected good targets to kill first. He Used good cc to keep you all under control as mezz wouldnt last the full duration to kill you all depending on numbers.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
The entire thread arose when a discussion started on irc where atos got called a zerger because he was stuck to bite and aldoran with skaldbot in tow, popping and killing solo stealthers.

SL most, pop any archer with camo down, and so on. Takes no skill to kill them 4v1, especially considering it was 4 ppl with 6 resists and haste too (yes I was one of the ppl that got ganked and no im not QQ'ing).

As Corran said above, zerging is where your opponent has no chance at all. 8 vs 1 is zerging the soloer. 3fg vs 1fg is a zerg, unless its 3fg randoms vs 1 very good opted group. Then theres a chance of survival and we've all seen it done many times.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
not like there aren't enough alb stealthers sitting on the mg's :D

tbh, can't zerg albs, there's always more anyway ... lone alb would be an anomality that'd make the universe collapse.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
And I might add I got kickbanned for thinking differently. Thats the reason I made this thread, as peoples definition of zergings seems to vary.

edit: And I couldn't continue the discussion on IRC because of above mentioned reasons.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
a zerg is when you are heavily outnumbered and have like 0% chance to win unless the zergers are really gimps.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
like BD they never solo they always have to zerg fucking gimp :l

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
zerging is when you are severely outnumbered by enemy.
for example. i was zerged by a full group 2 minutes ago when i was with a druid.

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
if they're more then you , they're zerging

2vs1 = zurg
8vs7 = zurg
2fg vs 1fg = vidx, err zurg

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
A zerg is players usually who can't be bothered to spend 234 hours making a group(can't blame them either) to compete against the egoheads the size of the great wall of china who think daoc is a real life accomplishment and usually beat the zerg if they are equal numbers to the stronger groups due to their classes working well together and having not leave pks unless they got that 5 more str or 24 more hps.

They do not like being killed over and over, they can't win because they usually do not have the time to play the game as the strongest fg in their realm due to the time and teamwork it takes so they go with what they have.(which means the group(s) usually haven't played at all really with each other so have to win with numbers due to no teamwork hardly and not heavily buffed fotm classes).

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, outnumber = zerg, but its better to split it up in different zergs.

2vs1 small zerg 3vs7 big zerg 1fgvs5fg = albinon zerg =)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
A zerg is players usually who can't be bothered to spend 234 hours making a group(can't blame them either) to compete against the egoheads the size of the great wall of china who think daoc is a real life accomplishment and usually beat the zerg if they are equal numbers to the stronger groups due to their classes working well together and having not leave pks unless they got that 5 more str or 24 more hps.

They do not like being killed over and over, they can't win because they usually do not have the time to play the game as the strongest fg in their realm due to the time and teamwork it takes so they go with what they have.(which means the group(s) usually haven't played at all really with each other so have to win with numbers due to no teamwork hardly and not heavily buffed fotm classes).

Well said ;)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I would say AoD are some of the nicest people in albion who play to enjoy the game as much as they can in the little time they have to play, they zerg if they have to and run as a fg when they want to, if enemies do not like it well not like their high rr fgs aren't saints either.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
I would say AoD are some of the nicest people in albion who play to enjoy the game as much as they can in the little time they have to play, they zerg if they have to and run as a fg when they want to, if enemies do not like it well not like their high rr fgs aren't saints either.

Not like last night when High rr mids added with the randoms.

We got steamrolled of 2-3 fg all the time

at the end we took detour and took 1 grp after another from behind. No problem to gank when they had no m8s around.

But ended the same. Some mid person posted on irc that mids ran with a cg in emain to ><

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
I would say, beside the outnumbering part, there is something else to add:

3 or more if your a stealthers, duo's are really zerging anymore, as solo'ers are no longer the norm (unfortunatly)

9 or more if non-stealthers, as 8 is the normal group size and a fg is not a zerg unless it is at odd hours like 4am, where usual group size is probarly 2 or 3.

Bowie

Fledgling Freddie
What Bigchief said/

i did about 25 solo-run last night, got in to 1 solo fight with no add, and ofc almost laged out so nothing to do, but cant realy blame that person for that :) nice of him to give me a 1v1.

Els the stastic was : Ganged by fg Mids before Emain 7 times( ZERGED ), got tsed by 4-5 albs toghter 6 time ( ZERGED ) startet a fight 4 times on ts but got Multi ganged everytime, so startet to gc proc amg for the laugh of the numbers realy ( ZERGED )
had 5 X 1v1 alwayes with infil or scout add, i dont call that a zerg tho, its just plain Unfair 4thewin.

I got 1000 rps on those about 25 runs, witch is ok by me if i had any deasent fights, but last night all peeps was too rps horny!! Again!!

What to do ? well i could say yes to 1 one the invitation i got from stealth partyes, but i didnt!

So to answer the questien i consider myself zerged 95 % of the times i go the long way to emain.

NOT a QQ Just a fact !

Conjurus

Fledgling Freddie
as long as atos is in the grp, no matter the numbers, its a zerg!

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i think zerging is when you outnumber your enemies by such large numbers that they have no chance of winning

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Zerg comes from starcraft, its a playable faction that uses shitloads of (relatively) cheap units to attack the enemy with...

IN DAOC THO everyone has his own definition (so fucking easy calling a 4 letter word at everyone when they lose to them, no matter what they mean with it)

Nuc

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:

Agree.. My idea of zerging is getting outnumbered really.. 1vs3 is a zerg..
In FG fights the numbers are greater so it doesnt really matter as much if it's 8vs10 as it does when its 1vs3
Not saying you cant win 1vs3 but they're still zerging you :p

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Conjurus said:
as long as atos is in the grp, no matter the numbers, its a zerg!
Meany, I soloed to rr5 before you got to 50. :<

Mordur

One of Freddy's beloved
zerg ... very class dependent obviously... can have 4 zerks and shammie running around and its normal, but have 4 sb's running around and u got a stealthzerg :D

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
zerg doesent have a defination

but i think 2v1 can be classed as zerged imo

but

the 1 char might have a chance,where as other classes wont....carnt really definine it imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom