Misc Deebs rolls a critical fail.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Can you sit on the end of your bath? When I broke my foot I had to sit on the end then swing my legs in. Was a right pain.

rynnor

Rockhound
You need a chair or stool the same height as your bath top then you can sit on it and swing your legs over the edge of the bath to get in.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I just grasp both sides and hop in like a man ffs. Although, given your incredible age that might be a lot harder for you.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Off to hospital today for another scan (Royal London) and then a full fibreglass cast or so they said last week. Hating it. Loathing it.

Edit. Managed to set the disabled alarms off yesterday at work :)

rynnor

Rockhound
Are you going to need surgery eventually or is it fixable by staying off it?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Are you going to need surgery eventually or is it fixable by staying off it?
I think they will do another scan today and tell me more (If I recall correctly)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
let us know chum :)

you should be learning some new and interesting things. for example, I learned that the HOSPITAL that I went to when I broke my leg has doors on their lifts that close too quickly for someone on crutches to negotiate them. how shit is that eh?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Right, back.

Full cast, had to bend my foot back as much as I could bear the pain. Fucking kills. They will not operate as it is not a complete snap, they reckon about 6 weeks with a cast and then physio. Told me not to think about jogging for 4 months, oh how I laughed. Like I am going do that anytime soon.

rynnor

Rockhound
Right, back.

Full cast, had to bend my foot back as much as I could bear the pain. Fucking kills. They will not operate as it is not a complete snap, they reckon about 6 weeks with a cast and then physio. Told me not to think about jogging for 4 months, oh how I laughed. Like I am going do that anytime soon.

Thats good news - no surgery at least.

Is the new cast also with you pointing your toes? That looked an awkward position to put up with?

TdC

his foot should be more or less in the normal standing geometry. the reason I limp slightly is because they put me in the cast "on point" and my tendons got fucked.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thats good news - no surgery at least.

Is the new cast also with you pointing your toes? That looked an awkward position to put up with?
They asked me to try and bring my foot back from a pointed position as much as I could bear the pain under my own strength. So my foot is not as pointed as before and next time I go back I have to do it over again. Also with the fibreglass cast I can rest a little weight on it but to be honest its still hurting from bending it back so will probably be a few days.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
his foot should be more or less in the normal standing geometry. the reason I limp slightly is because they put me in the cast "on point" and my tendons got fucked.
Yup, not quite there but definitely not ballerina style :p

sayward

Resident Freddy
The Royal is the best. Spent three weeks sleeping in spare beds and their visitors building when my daughter broke her neck.
Watch out for the HEMS (helicopter) I presume it's still based their since the re opening last month? They must have been expecting you as they sent the Queen!:p

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
When I dislocated my knee I was out for 9 months, 2 months in a brace, 3 months physio, key hole surgery then another 4 months physio and it still isn't right. Getting in and out of the shower was a bitch.

TdC

yeah, that's exactly how it went down in the operating room :(

sayward

Resident Freddy
Sooooo could you not try and drive an automatic with your left foot? Or is your right leg too straight to get in the car?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oi Deebs!

How's it going hopalong? :)
Not too bad, in a full cast, putting pressure on the leg (Consultant is happy about that). Got stressed at work on Thursday and just wanted to be back in my own home/space. It does get me down at times having to rely on other people.

On the good news front is that I can move quite fast with the crutches now :) It's like I am a training athlete, *cough*. At this rate I shall enter myself for the 5metre sprint....

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You should fit a wheel to it then you can scoot about at leisure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom