Deebs, is he or isn't he?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What struck me about your message Deebs was how you were thinking of your mum and how she was, and not yourself and your grief. Thats something special IMO.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I always knew this thread would get bumped, and with all my heart just hoped it never happened.

Tony - love and thoughts from all of us here to you and yours, and I'm sure your Mum is smiling down on you all.

/manly hugs

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My condolences, to you and all your family Tony.

If there's anything I can do mate, just let us know.

Rob

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Very sorry to hear about that, my deepest condolences. :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
deepest commiserations Deebs. like said above, one knew this thread was going to be bumped, yet it is still a shock when it happened. my thoughts are with you, and it is good there is no more pain, but sweet remembrance remains. -Andrew

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi folks,

Many many thanks for the very kind words you have posted. My family send their thanks and appreciate your thoughts.

The last 2 days have been extremely emotional and hard for us all but our love for our Mother and the love she gave us all helped us so much. There have been tears but not as half as much as there has been laughter as we tell stories of our times spent together. Dad has even learnt a few things which made him feel so proud.

This period of time we are now going through is not morbid or sad but a chance for us to properly celebrate our Mother's incredibly varied and loving life. Today she had the last laugh on us and I will quickly explain why.

Last year was my Dad's 60th birthday party and Mumma wanted to do a surprise party for him which she managed to organise even though she could hardly walk. Mum had a cake made which had a replica of a Triumph spitfire on the top which about 10" long. After the party she wanted it frozen and we always thought that one day we would sit down and eat the cake.

Yesterday we took it out of the freezer and let it defrost and was going to have a slice each after our BBQ. We forgot so today we got it out and decided to eat it with a cuppa tea in the afternoon. Michelle was given the task of cutting the cake and putting onto plates. "This cake is a bit hard to cut Dad, I don't think it is defrosted!" came from the kitchen. We wandered out and Michelle then said "I don't believe it, I think it is solid icing!". Dad laughed and said "Your mum is crafty, she never told me that". So we ended up with some chocolate digestives instead :)

I decided to write this slightly long post as I know that many of you will want to know what is happening and this is the easiest way of me telling you.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Sorry to hear about your loss Deebs. All the best for your family.

Lovely story about the cake. Made me chuckle!

Malecheon

Fledgling Freddie
Really sorry to hear about your loss. Was trying to think of something poignant to write, but all that comes to mind is 'oh shit' and 'I'm really sorry' :(

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Hey T.
Although we've talked about this I thought it was worth saying that your mum was part of the reason your family is so tight and together and therefore one of the reasons your family will deal with this tragedy.
Your grief is the loss of your mum, but your mum is what will pull you all through, given time. Quite a lady.

See you soon

Ben

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Very sorry to hear the news.

My condolences to you and your family.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Mate, have avoided writing till now as wasn;t sure what else I could add. All I can say (with my nurses hat on) is that I hope the staff around you did the best they could to make your mum's passing as easy and painfree as possible and I hope you were encouraged to spend as much time with her as was possible. As others have said, time is a great healer, and it won't seem it but its the good memories you have of your mum that'll pull you through. You're in my thoughts, as as your family....take care mate x x x

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Said on many different medium and on the phone. As always my thoughts and deepest condolances to you and your family tony. Take care and keep giving us updates.

G.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Condolences matey. Sounds like you're coping better than I could ever hope to. Respect.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hi

We think we have organised everything bar my mum's celebration music, we refuse to call it a wake.

It has been a busy few days but we have managed to sort everything out so far. My sisters and if required, me, will be going to the funeral directors tomorrow to ensure mum is dressed in her clothes and with the right makeup.

My family and myself would like to pass on our thanks to you all during this hard time for us. Mumma Gucci would be laughing and enjoying life right about now and I feel that she is so proud of the family she has brought up during her lifetime.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Glad everything is moving along, and I definitely approve of not calling it a wake.

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Tony,

I've just heard about your sad news, my family and I offer our sincere condolences.

We're thinking of you all,

Karl, Tongchit & Jez

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Folks,

My mum's service was on the 22nd August and she had a massive gathering of family and friends to see her off. Some people had to wait outside due to a lack of room and somehow I am sure my mum was there when my baby sister and myself read our reading.

The Celebration after was both sad and happy for many people. Mum's favourite tunes were being blared out and the topics of conversations were varied.

Mum has managed to raise over £1200 for St Luke's research centre in Guildford.

Myself and my family thank you all for your messages of support (I read each one back to them).

My mumma's montage and reading are located here for anyone that would like to see how beautiful and special she was: http://pamela.covelli.co.uk/

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for sharing that with us Deebs....t'is a lovely tmontage and a very special sentiment to remember her by. Well done on doing a reading, not an easy thing to do for someone you love....

Embattle

FH is my second home
Bit late and not much help but wish you and your family the best that is possible in such painful times.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really cannot wait to put this year behind me, today my Mum's mum passed away.

My first ever funeral was my mum's, then 5 weeks ago a close friend lost her mum to cancer and held the service at the same place as we did, I had to go to show my support for her. Now my nan and the service will be held at the same place.

Three funerals in 5 months is just too much, people say be strong, it is so hard to be strong and carry on as if nothing happened.

I long for the day where I don't actually shed a tear, 2008 needs to be a damn good year.

Life is a bitch but when it throws lots of things at you it is a bastard.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I know what you mean, I had a similar time in 99-2000 when I had 5 funerals to visit, a dad, a godmother and some older relatives... then my brother's baby died and I didn't go to the funeral because I just couldn't face any more of them, I still sort of regret not doing it now but I just couldn't make myself go at the time.

People say lots of stuff like "be strong" and phrases that start out with "at least", all stuff that makes you cringe sometimes or worse but they really just say those things automatically to let you know they care about you. I know you know that but I wrote it anyway 'cause it was in my thoughts. :)

sayward

Resident Freddy
They do say that these things go in threes, so I dearly hope that you have had your full share. As always thinking of you.x

Vae

Resident Freddy
Sorry to hear that Deebs. My condolences and, as ever, mine and Lara's thoughts are with you. All you can hope is that 2008 will be a better year.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Sorry to hear of another loss Deebs, you and your family really have been dealt some harsh slices of life these past months.

You say that being strong is hard in the face of such trials, and I absolutely agree, but I would like to add that I believe that it is perfectly acceptable to be knocked into the dirt by life, because it is what one does while getting back on one's feet again that imo defines just how strong a person is.
You don't have to bounce back smiling mate, you've had hard knocks to take and it will be a while, but already I have seen in some of the communication we've had that you are looking to the future and at times are griping with some of the old Deebsness that things haven't been done yet :)

once again, I am thinking of you in this hard time.

-Andrew

Mey

Part of the furniture
Sorry to hear about that, that sucks majorly and espically at this time of the year. I do hope you have a better year in 08' you certainly sound like you need it.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom