Misc Deaths 2018

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
RIP England’s dignity at that game of rugby :(
I watched the game and have no idea what you're on about. It was a good game and the Scots got their game right for the first time in this 6 Nations series. Good for them and good to see them play to their actual level.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That is a shame, he seemed like a genuine man who cared a great deal for his fans. I remember a few weeks ago he came on to BBC Northwest news for an interview in hospital, getting all emotional
5 hour shows. He'd just keep going. As long as someone was there to listen he'd keep going. Bloke who properly loved his job and loved cheering people up.

Didn't know he was ill. Tried to get a load of people to go to the floral pavillion in new brighton last year to watch a show but too many cried off. Was going to go this year on my todd if necessary :(

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I met Doddy on a train to London, I was going to hospital when I was about 14. I saw him and after a while I went over with a scrap of paper to ask for his autograph. He said "I can do better than that" and asked me to sit while his assistant got out a publicity pic which he then signed. He showed a genuine interest in why I was there etc and was in no hurry. Nicest most grounded celeb I've ever met. It's a sad loss.
Worst incidentally was Cilla, she was a cow to me and my brother when we met her as kids.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I met Doddy on a train to London, I was going to hospital when I was about 14. I saw him and after a while I went over with a scrap of paper to ask for his autograph. He said "I can do better than that" and asked me to sit while his assistant got out a publicity pic which he then signed. He showed a genuine interest in why I was there etc and was in no hurry. Nicest most grounded celeb I've ever met. It's a sad loss.
Worst incidentally was Cilla, she was a cow to me and my brother when we met her as kids.

My Mum knew Cilla Black before she was famous; “our Cilla” has never been a nice person by all accounts.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Hawking died the same day as Jim Bowen.
What an honour.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Almost more sad about Bowen than Hawking. I mean I know Hawking was good at science stuff, but Bowen gave a speedboat to a family that lived in Derby :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
150 thousand people die every day
Or a hundred a minute.
Yup. But it seems to me more well known people are dying right at the minute than before. I know the whole more people are well known after the advent of tv etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yup. But it seems to me more well known people are dying right at the minute than before. I know the whole more people are well known after the advent of tv etc.
It's because you're at the age where people in your sphere of knowledge and experience start to die.

It's a function of your age, not an increase in a death rate# of famous people.

The people who are dying are famous to you. Jim Bowen dying won't make kids blink - but in 30 years time when the first youtube stars start to pop their cloggs all the kids will be up in arms like it's some bullshit 2016 repeat.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
When Kylie dies Im going with her.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Next time you're at the checkout and you hear the beep. Think of all the fun you could've been having, if he wasn't 6 feet deep.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Y'all missed the drill sergeant from FMJ on Monday as well.

(I was pissed up on a stag do in Porto, which is my excuse).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom