PC Master Race Days Gone

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Exceptional stuff. Ticks a lot of my boxes. Hooning about on a bike, exploration, some decent action vs zombie and human NPCs, RPG elements, resource gathering.

Excellent job by Bend too, outstanding port. Running at 4k/60fps on a 1080TI! Hopefully we get The Last of Us before too long.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Exceptional stuff. Ticks a lot of my boxes. Hooning about on a bike, exploration, some decent action vs zombie and human NPCs, RPG elements, resource gathering.

Excellent job by Bend too, outstanding port. Running at 4k/60fps on a 1080TI! Hopefully we get The Last of Us before too long.
Yes completed it a few months ago.. great game. And a bit different from your standard zombie game which just swamps you all the time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pet peeve though. The first horde you really come across at the mill, easily 100+ strong (I got my arse handed to me early on) makes you afraid of the hordes. As it turns out, most hordes can be managed with guns alone, 20odd strong.

Great game, just some really weird design ideas. Outstanding overall, the options when attacking a camp are off the chart. Going to do a new game+ on the hardest setting though (playing on normal atm) so NPC camps offer more of a challenge, to take full advantage of the strategy available. Baiting in zombies to attack camps etc.

Impressed with the AI. Sometimes in other games, it feels that the AI is so stupid that doing things like distraction, setting off an explosion somewhere in the camp then working through people with silenced weapons/stealth kills just doesn't work because at some point they gain psychic powers to detect you, not the case here. Sneaky sneaky is an outstanding and genuinely fun/rewarding play style, especially with zombies about.

The story is good too, it's no epic but it keeps you hooked.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Finished it, 60ish hours, can't argue with that and got the whole challenge mode to try now. I'm a bit of an achievement hunter too so still a few more to get (bugger playing it on survival mode though)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Finished it, 60ish hours, can't argue with that and got the whole challenge mode to try now. I'm a bit of an achievement hunter too so still a few more to get (bugger playing it on survival mode though)
Think it took me around that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom