Fact David, why don't you suck my balls?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
72% of those questioned in the 2001 census described themselves as Christian, so like it or not he is correct.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
72% had no other option. Unless they picked "other" or muslimist.

I don't seem to remember an answer of "who the fuck cares about which sky fairy is in charge these days"

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Oh please mister IMF sky fairy i want a playstation 3 for christmas

gohan

FH is my second home
it is a christian country, or we wouldn't have public holidays at easter and christmas, fucking retards

ECA

I am a FH squatter
2 weeks before christmas, claims uk doesn't class itself as christian.

Wut.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
it is a christian country, or we wouldn't have public holidays at easter and christmas, fucking retards

Well, I'd say it's more like we are a secular country with a christian history and traditions.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
72% had no other option. Unless they picked "other" or muslimist.

I don't seem to remember an answer of "who the fuck cares about which sky fairy is in charge these days"

72% could have easily ticked "athiest". They didn't, they chose to describe themselves as Christian.

Live with it, he's correct. Maybe the 2011 census will show a fall, who knows.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, I'd say it's more like we are a secular country with a christian history and traditions.

Our head of state is also the head of our national church. Most people get married in a church. Schools are required to hold religious assemblies.

I don't agree with much of it but its undeniable.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The UK is a Muslim country. I know this because the Daily Mail says so.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
72% of those questioned in the 2001 census described themselves as Christian, so like it or not he is correct.

And research into those 72% uncovers that most of them don't believe in god and just ticked the box on the census form...

72% could have easily ticked "athiest"

Personally, I wouldn't like to apply that label to myself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What research?

After the large volume of beer I've recently imbibled I can't remember anything other than reading something about this very subject. The census is a controversial topic and it's well-covered. It was probably in New Scientist or something like that.

Plus, it's 2:46am ffs you pedantic gayer ;)

Edit: Yeah, a cursory search of the new scientist website on the subject brings a load of familiar articles on this very subject that I'm not allowed to read any more 'cause my subscription's lapsed :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They aren't Christian holidays, fucking retard.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Of course they are. The dates which were decided for them were picked around existing Pagan holidays, but the holidays themselves are Christian.

And if you read the rest of the news story, rather than just the headline, you'd realise that Call me Dave agrees with most of this thread, but suggests that our traditional values were founded in Christianity.

Unsuprising as it was a speech marking the 400th anniversary of the King James bible.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
He's just playing to his audience. He's no Christian.

rynnor

Rockhound
Of course they are. The dates which were decided for them were picked around existing Pagan holidays, but the holidays themselves are Christian.

They had some christian mumbo jumbo hung on them but they are still far more pagan than christian - we still use the pagan name for easter.

Eating/drinking too much, exchanging presents, decorating a tree, mistletoe, holly etc. etc. Jolly old pagan festival.

Easter eggs, bunnies, decorating wells - all pagan.

All the good bits of these holidays come from the pagans - all the christians added was some sanctimonius moralising and their own myths of resurrection and asexual reproduction.

gohan

FH is my second home
They aren't Christian holidays, fucking retard.
LOL biggest joke ever, the dates were pagan originally and when the catholic church swept through europe they kept the same dates to make transision easier, but easter and christmas ARE christian holidays, why do you think jehova's witnesses don't celebrate it? or jews? fucking bumder

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ah so what you are saying is that they are pagan holidays?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That's the Christian name given to the pagan festival to celebrate the winter solstice.

Besides which, it is generally believed that Jesus was born sometime in April, bit stupid to celebrate his birthday four months early...

Easter isn't even a Christian word, it is pretty much the same name given to the pre-christian festival for the start of spring, the rebirth of plants and whatnot.

Sar

Part of the furniture
72% of Christians say statistics are bollocks...

Anyway, I got married in a Church. I'm as much of an athiest as Hitchens or Dawkins.

Work that one out :)

rynnor

Rockhound
why do you think jehova's witnesses don't celebrate it?

Hah - the reason jehovas witnesses dont celebrate Christmas and Easter is because they are Pagan holidays - hoisted by your own petard :p

rynnor

Rockhound
72% of Christians say statistics are bollocks...

Anyway, I got married in a Church. I'm as much of an athiest as Hitchens or Dawkins.

Work that one out :)

Its easy - your a hypocrit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hah - the reason jehovas witnesses dont celebrate Christmas and Easter is because they are Pagan holidays - hoisted by your own petard :p

"Shat upon"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom