Fact David, why don't you suck my balls?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I have a degree in philosophy too. So does my cat.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You want debate but only if you like what the other person is saying?

Not that at all. It's why I don't have him on ignore. However, Toht and I have the same identical argument every time.

I've had it so many times with him, and it doesn't just go nowhere, it goes to the same place. It's fruitless and pointless and gets in the way of reasoned discussion with others.

That's why I made the point about the General/OT merge - although I agree that it was the correct thing to do, the majority of the rational intellectual debate side of FH has been lost to trolling pointlessness as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sad about it.

Asking Toht to ignore me/not respond to me (and me alone) on posts of a religious nature was the only solution I could come up with - but he's not interested, so, effectively, debate of that nature is impossible on FH nowadays as all interesting threads get derailed.

Edit:
it's really easy to NOT reply...

Not when every other post is one by him to me, despite me ignoring him - breaking up the flow and structure of the thread (a bazillion notifications from Toht despite me clearly ignoring him?). I can not reply for a couple of pages, by which time the thread has been functionally derailed anyway.

Last edited:

leggy

Probably Scottish
It's fruitless and pointless and gets in the way of reasoned discussion with others.

... all interesting threads get derailed.

I agree with you and totally understand the frustration. I wanted to kick my screen after reading some of his replies earlier in the thread. Threads naturally derail anyway but it does seem to be worse and a lot more pointless now. But I honestly can't ever remember a time where intelligent debate wasn't a magnet for fools.

Either the mods are tougher (I don't like this option) or we ignore the trolling and the notifications (which are a nice feature). Maybe an option to block notifications from certain people would be useful?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
As the only person with a degree in Philosophy I think I can end this whole shitjism:

• I believe
  • I can fly

I also have a degree in philosophy and agree with both of the above points

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Either the mods are tougher (I don't like this option) or we ignore the trolling and the notifications (which are a nice feature). Maybe an option to block notifications from certain people would be useful?

Meh. I don't want to block all his notifications or even all his communication. Just the times when he decides he doesn't like the thread and wants to put an end to it.

But only he can do that tbh.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Memes - check
Repitition - check
Absolutely no progress - check
Bitching about Off-Topic + General - check

That just leaves us with Godwin's law left then we can all move on, right?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
TDC posted and he is a nazi mod so I think we nearly have it covered.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And @MYstIC G is the total spit...

Meg, yesterday...
adolf-hitler.gif

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, at the end of the day, how "ruined" can a thread about a twattish politicians opinion nobody cares about be?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I would pop that in the feedback forum, old chap :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom