DAoC vs WoW

When WoW is released in the EU i'm going to...

• Move from DAoC to WoW

Votes: 489 30.4%
  • Stick with DAoC

Votes: 632 39.2%
  • Give WoW a try but I may well come back to DAoC

Votes: 403 25.0%
  • Split my time between both!

Votes: 87 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Otep

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm Warcraft is nice, but dont think wow will be as fun imho.. It simply lack of content.. It do noone can say it got it.. I got my shaman to lvl 36 (otep pvp).. Im not fancy with "We givf you pvp stuff and content later" go pay our game and get nothing later i believe...

Now lets just wait till DnL comes out or in open beta, that game got content..

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Will most likely be following 90% of my guild migrating to WoW.

DAoC just doesnt hold my interest anymore, hasnt for over a year now but there has simply not, until now, been another mmog that i enjoyed playing.

I'll echo those saying that ToA and NF has killed the game for me...I like NF rvr, i find it a lot more fun, but the lag...omg the lag makes it unplayable. If i continue to play daoc i need a new computer, whereas i can play wow on full setting with zero lag even in the beta.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Otep said:
Hmm Warcraft is nice, but dont think wow will be as fun imho.. It simply lack of content.. It do noone can say it got it.. I got my shaman to lvl 36 (otep pvp).. Im not fancy with "We givf you pvp stuff and content later" go pay our game and get nothing later i believe...

Now lets just wait till DnL comes out or in open beta, that game got content..

That is EXACTLY how daoc was on release ;).

Lendan

Fledgling Freddie
Personally I stopped playing DAOC (again!) a couple of weeks ago - and am fooling around with EQ2 while waiting for WoW Euro release. I didn't stop playing because of NF - indeed I played the NF beta extensively and loved it - but I loved it while playing classes I don't actually have on live servers (cleric, minstrel, animist, cabalist, mainly) and at the moment the prospect of levelling a fresh one up to 50 is just so unappealing.

I'm not counting my chickens before they're hatched though, and don't rule out coming back to DAOC one day - I still take an interest (and I still read these forums!)

But it does look like WoW will be rather good doesn't it? Well we'll see...

feac

Fledgling Freddie
played the US beta for quite a while = i have pre-ordered WoW and cancelled my daoc auto renewal on my US and euro accounts

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Tried EQ2 for a while was bored in about 8 hours or so of playing time. Sure it looks great but that doesn't make it a great game.

Wow better be good that's all I can say hehe.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
yawn, another "ill move to XXX" thread, this ranks up there with "Ill leave for SWG!", "albs zerg", "mids are assholes", "hibs are over powered", "another alb alarm clock raid" and "tony blair blows".

Change the record. 50% say they will leave daoc for it...you didnt add the option "Ill leave, come back, beg for itemz and PL, then go to the next one" like most storm troopers did.

Raguel

Fledgling Freddie
join the hype!!
join WoW!!!
Will surely try it (as i do with most mmorpg's) but i'm guessing it might be a bit too hyped (and i'm afraid of the kiddies that definately will be playing it)
will try EQ2 also very soonish (heard it has an adult player base and as i'm getting older :p ...

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm moving to WoW.The last few months ive logged into DAoC ive found myself bored after 10 mins.

Can anyone pull up any stats of how WoW has affected the US DAoC servers?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
emma said:
Think its more to do with WoW's PvE being "fun" and there's none of this ML/ToA/Artifact crap.

u might wanna add a "not yet" to that statement.. :) it will come. sooner or later ;)

Tilda

Breon said:
I'm moving to WoW.The last few months ive logged into DAoC ive found myself bored after 10 mins.

Can anyone pull up any stats of how WoW has affected the US DAoC servers?
Well, on the US servers atm in DAoC there are 20,000 playing.
To put that into perspective, WoW sold over 200,000 copies on its first day

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Definitely moving on to WoW, as what I've seen of NF really haven't appealed much and I am tired of trying to get the drops required for my template, when it takes literally -years- to get them all.

I've also played the Beta a fair bit, and I love it. Add that I have dozens of friends going for WoW.

Milne

Fledgling Freddie
When i first came into DAoC (was on the very first day that SI came out coincidently) and i feckin loved it.
I had been waiting to play the game since release (i didn't have a credit card though so i couldn't play) so i was absolutely chuffed when i got it.
I didn't know what it was like BEFORE SI because i didn't play, but some people said that it kinda fucked some stuff up, but i didn't know about that so 'mneh.

I played it then pretty much constantly until...well about a month before ToA. Then i was all like "wooo ToA will pwn the pants off...santa"...then i got it, and to be quite Paul (Frank is used far too much) it totally ruined DAoC. Not only did i have to get my character to level 50, i had to do all this ML and Arti crap if i wanted to stand a chance in RvR, and seing as RVR was the main reason i got the game, it kinda sucked for me. Also, being an armsman i didn't stand that much of a chance in RvR anyway lol :)

But mneh i still played the game for a while, but then it just got too much of a grind, and it just wasn't the lowbie fun it was when i first got the game :(
So i stopped playing, until Last night! I renewed my subscription....(first time since NF) and i still havn't played much NF but from what i heard mele have taken another beating from the nerfing stick, so whats the point in me playing, it was a great game bofore ToA, but ToA to be quite frank, sucked major donkeh willy.

So if the question was: "If we get rid of ToA and maybe/maybe not NF would you leave for WoW?" i would say "Hells no" but with it staying with ToA etc, then sadly yes i will leave the game for WoW, dunno if WoW will be any good (I played beta, that rocked, but was only a week) but it sure as hell will be fun for a while, and that's why i play games, to have fun, not to feel like im in an endless grind :(

...goddammit thats the longest post i've ever made :eek:

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
WoW

Playing EQ2 atm and its fun but its not pre-TOA DAOC :mad:

why oh why did they ruin a great game?

mts

Fledgling Freddie
gonna play wow, but if i dont like the way pvp works i wont bother with it.

Mythic don't give a popeye poopy pants about PvP.. Blizzard do, thus I'll play WoW.

And plus Taurans get swishy tails wooohoooo! swishy swishy..... swishy swishy swishy

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Yeppy Kinkster said:
Mythic don't give a popeye poopy pants about PvP.. Blizzard do, thus I'll play WoW.

And plus Taurans get swishy tails wooohoooo! swishy swishy..... swishy swishy swishy

Yay for taurens!! :D

/Dracus

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
WoW, as daoc is getting old, and mythic are adding shit like TOA/nf (think it would be shit even if they didnt tho)

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Already moved.

I think for a lot of people, just 3 years in the one game is enough. Everything that can be done, has been, and then a few times more for good measure. While I personally liked a lot of the content and trials of TOA, the artifact obtaining and grind exping factor really put me off and did a lot of people. RvR seriously went downhill for me with the advent of the stealth-zergs on all sides. It became necessary to join large stealth groups to stand a chance, and that not what I enjoyed. For a while used to play in open skirmishing guild groups, until the l33t philosophy of rigid optimised groups took hold, and then was out in the cold. Didn't really enjoy rvr for the last year and only carried on for want of something better to do.

To be utterly frank, the community and the way they played daoc is as much to blame as Mythic is for the way they changed it, if not more so in my eyes. The "uber" kiddie RvR guilds did far more to damage the game for the average player. I'm just making sure I go to different WoW servers than them on release.

For me WoW is just fun, it's fresh, new and just a breath of air. Also it's new people to play with. 3 years with the same faces day in day out gets to you.

And the best thing about WoW?...

...my girlfriend loves it too! :clap:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
rvn said:
WoW, as daoc is getting old, and mythic are adding shit like TOA/nf (think it would be shit even if they didnt tho)
WoW since i've uninstalled Daoc and is fed up with TOA.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
to much qq about toa, its a great add to daoc imo (yes i played before toa to)

And for poll... staying with daoc until they make some "free 1 week wow". Aint gonna buy the game just to try it 1 month

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Darkage all the way.

Its has staying power.

And with look of Catacombs, with the new engine etc etc.... I dont see any reason to move over to cartoon world . :D

I hear there are mobs in WoW called Carebears i wonder what they will drop. :D

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
:eek6: 75% of the 237 that voted in the poll so far will try wow. Ofc its not really representative as im guessing lots of the people that see the poll and still like daoc wont even bother to vote in it, but still, thats a large number of players leaving daoc at least for a time in january/febuary.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Tilda said:
Well, on the US servers atm in DAoC there are 20,000 playing.
To put that into perspective, WoW sold over 200,000 copies on its first day

200,000 copies != 200,000 playing at once (well not after the first few weeks ;))

It's still a shedload of people trying out/playing WoW though of course. Don't forget the first day sales includes all the preorders so will be rather inflated :)
(incidentally halo 2 sold 2.4 million copies on its first day source
EQ's Shadows of Luclin expansion sold 120k on its first day source)

wonder how many copies daoc has sold in total (or even just in europe)?

Jobil

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
200,000 copies != 200,000 playing at once (well not after the first few weeks ;))

wonder how many copies daoc has sold in total (or even just in europe)?

WoW doesn't require you to have 2+ accounts tho :p

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
WoW sold an estimated 250,000 copies on its first day, had 200,000 accounts created on the first day and over 100,000 people playing concurrently on the first day (source). I'm not sure whether those figures are only for the US or not as as well (it launched in Korea on the same day). Since then they have more than doubled their server capacity to cope with demand taking them to 88 in total now (source) so in all respects it has been a massive launch. I don't think DAoC had anywhere near 100,000 people playing at the same, even during its peak did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom