DAoC vs WoW

When WoW is released in the EU i'm going to...

• Move from DAoC to WoW

Votes: 489 30.4%
  • Stick with DAoC

Votes: 632 39.2%
  • Give WoW a try but I may well come back to DAoC

Votes: 403 25.0%
  • Split my time between both!

Votes: 87 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilda

So with the impending approach of the EU release, what will you do?
Try WoW for a bit, but probably come back to DAoC?
Play WoW fulltime?
Stick with DAoC?
Or split your time between both?

Tilda

Esena

Fledgling Freddie
WoW any day, after TOA the DAoC community got fucked imo

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
WoW.

Been waiting for WoW since it has been announced, did daoc merely as pastime ;)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Sticking with DAoC, didn't like the PvP or atleast not the little PvP i saw, also why change game to do even more PvE when im just finished with my DAoC PvE?

emma

Loyal Freddie
Helme said:
Sticking with DAoC, didn't like the PvP or atleast not the little PvP i saw, also why change game to do even more PvE when im just finished with my DAoC PvE?
Think its more to do with WoW's PvE being "fun" and there's none of this ML/ToA/Artifact crap.

No one has really seen the PvP in WoW to its fullest as its not even properly implemented yet, until there are plenty of level 60 players and the PvP reward system, followed by tweaks etc, its impossible to judge.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
WoW > DAoC

the yanks know it, the europeans know it, everyone knows it, toa completely destroyed daoc, nf was the final blow for most people i know.

cata is big waste of time, tyring to fix the dmg from toa, but too little, too late

wow for prez :eek6:

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
Where's the "Leave DAOC and go to EQ2" option? ;)

Seriously though - its a two pronged attack. WoW appears to cater for the uber PvP folks, EQ2 appeals to the more PvE/roleplayer orientated folks. I suppose DAOC appeals to the people who like a bit of both. It desperately needs the catacombs graphical update imo.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
oh btw, daoc was already dying a painful death pre-toa with its AWFUL character balance issues, that instead of actually being balanced, they nerfed them to hell and back with COMPLETE disregard to the players who actually sunk time, effort, and money into these chars, only to have them renderd usless by mythic.

this isnt from a mid perspective (formely my main realm) but from a daoc perspective as a whole. the nerfs were too harsh, to frequent and usually, resulted in the chars nerfed opposite (ie: SB/NS/Infi) being ridiculously supirior to the previous form. never ending cirlce of PANTS!

;o

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I can only agree with what Boomeruk has said.

WoW > DAoC :clap:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I'll stick to DAoC for now, until WoW's first addon gets released or if the prices drop a bit.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Definitely sticking to the DAoC.
Seen WoW and don't like it.
After ToA's stupid arti levels NF brought true war to the DAoC. I like it very much.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Sticking with DAoC till i get a RR8+ char, will be playing EQ2 in the sparetime ;) WoW doesnt appeal to me much.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Going to WoW, but will probably try catacombs when its out.

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
Played WoW US Open Beta, and will be leaving daoc for the EU Final Beta Test/EU WoW release.

WoW > daoc

Jaison X

Fledgling Freddie
i play in camlann.. and since wow beta etc, is nearly empy.. so no fun.

rvr to much zerg for my like.. but wow looks simple under my point of view... ill test it a bit maybe, and then ill see what ill do.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
ok can someone explain me how can be pve fun if i never liked it since i play mmorpg how it can be fun then?
dont tell me about quest that i hate even more and dont tell me about story cause i fecking dont care about it
also have to say when i see cata gfx wow is shit :eek:

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
ok can someone explain me how can be pve fun if i never liked it since i play mmorpg how it can be fun then?
dont tell me about quest that i hate even more and dont tell me about story cause i fecking dont care about it

pve actually can be fun while u re w8ing for ur char to evolve and get new abilities..... KILLING FEMALE MOBS ISNT FUN............ Daoc is dead... the only ppl that will stick to wow are the fotm random rerollers , the ppl that didnt play daoc be4 nf and the high rr players that are in love with the char they have and what it represents for them ... v simple rly:)

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
GrIrcSpammer said:
pve actually can be fun while u re w8ing for ur char to evolve and get new abilities..... KILLING FEMALE MOBS ISNT FUN............ Daoc is dead... the only ppl that will stick to wow are the fotm random rerollers , the ppl that didnt play daoc be4 nf and the high rr players that are in love with the char they have and what it represents for them ... v simple rly:)
i m sure the pve system is like AC2... crap... very easy to xp and solo get lvl 50 in a week max andn ot playing 10 hours a days

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
NF is crap. To big zones. To much running. You cant walk anywhere without hitting a tower or a keep. There's no real place to fight etc like emain had. You have to attack a keep to let the enemies know where you are, and when they find out they come with ten times the people. /who <archer class> has gone to one third of the realm. And another third being their bb's. There's siege stuff everywhere, even thid is full of the crap. When ToA hit us, with BG and grapple and all, RvR became casterworld, with NF, well, there's no room for tanks anymore.

Playing RvR is now booring, as pala you're simply noit needed any longer, as a cleric it's just about standing in lords room next to FoP spamming spread heal <oh joy>, mincer's have been long dead now. Get a caster or an archer to 50, or stop playing is mainly it.

If only we could loose NF and ToA game could be fun again. And ban bb's.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
i m sure the pve system is like AC2... crap... very easy to xp and solo get lvl 50 in a week max andn ot playing 10 hours a days
Try it urself instead of guessing how it is.

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
Araudry said:
You are definitely not a roleplayer, Arauddry.

Go play a fps or something. :)

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
WoW just looks shit. its to cartoony and gay imo.
daoc RvR is just pants now.
tbh think i might giv up daoc and just go on playing nothing.

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Tinu said:
Try it urself instead of guessing how it is.
givf beta acc and i ill :p
saying open beta and they have 2 keys to give :<

Araudry

Fledgling Freddie
Thornar said:
You are definitely not a roleplayer, Arauddry.

Go play a fps or something. :)
i tried doom3 first day it was released finished in 23 hours veteran its to easy fps need something that take my time and not boring aswell

Tilda

Keep it on topic guys! :D I just want peoples views oppinions on what they'll do.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Araudry said:
Funny thing is DAoC pvp has been crap for about 18 months now and still not getting better. Can't imagine what you like then :eek:

Oh and for Tilda, I'm going to Wow as DAoC has had absolutely nothing to offer anyone who likes a good game for a long long time now.

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
I found the PvE fun, just because its a nice change from daoc. Only did a little PvP, which isnt finished yet so its nothing special atm.

Catacombs may have better graphics, but that doesnt bother me when more and more is added to daoc, but the unbalanced, bugged or overpowered abilities are not being fixed. Yea, WoW does have a few things that were/are overpowered or bugged, but atleast they are being fixed/worked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom