DAoC Packages

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Can a person with the CD-key from the package with si,toa and daoc, use it to install seperatly daoc, si and toa ? Cause i had to fomrat my hard disk, and can't find my DISk1, so a friend is sending me DAoC, SI and ToA, seperatly.

Greetings,
Sauruman

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
umm I'm not sure what you mean but if you're talking about the all-in-one package then:

you only have one cd key which can be used once for each of: classoc, SI and ToA. Technically they don't have to be the same account but you need Classic activated to activate SI and you need SI activated to activate ToA. Hope that makes sense and helps...

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
The thing is, my friend bought the game before SI, so, he bought the 2 expansions seperatly. I already got a acc, but i only play since june, so i bought the game with the all-in package, which came with a cd-key for the three. What i want to know its, if i install my friends seperate daoc software (kinda bad english :p) with the one cd-key that i have, will i be able to play the game.

Gamah

Banned
I know what you mean...with the Enter CD KEy here box...just leave it blank..it works like that you don't need to put any cd key in that box!

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Gamah said:
I know what you mean...with the Enter CD KEy here box...just leave it blank..it works like that you don't need to put any cd key in that box!

Than what stops me from, getting a copied version and play without a cd-key ? Thought u needed a cd-key for the game to play. Or the only reason to have a cd-key is to have a sub ?

Vae

Resident Freddy
Sauruman said:
Than what stops me from, getting a copied version and play without a cd-key ? Thought u needed a cd-key for the game to play. Or the only reason to have a cd-key is to have a sub ?
You are correct - you need the CD key to activate your account subscription.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Thnx all, happy to know i don't have to buy the package again :D

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
from what i read..you normally play on ToA...but you have gone to re-install and found that you cant find one of the disks. So, a friend is supplying them seperately? in which case afaik..just run all 3 install, THEN run the ToA shortcut..and plonk in your CD key...or if your friend trusts you enough..plonk in his..doesnt matter...its the account sub that is VITAL to have your own (i know this cos i play 2 accounts (mine and wifes) and im damned if i change the CD key everytime i switch.

Hope this helps.

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
what neffneff said, you only need a cd-key to activate the accounts, if you already got an active toa account you can just use his game disks to install the game and use your own cd key in the box when you start the game.

the disks dont contain any hidden information, it is just the basic client files :) so why wouldn't it work with another persons disk :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Gamah is correct here and Neffneff is slightly wrong.
Once you have registered your account, you do not need the CD-Key for anything ever again. If you reinstall all or part of the software, you can happily leave the cd-key box blank and it will install and run just fine.

The only thing you might need to know the CD-key for is if you want us to change your registered details and need to prove you own the account, usually we ask for the CD-Keys as proof that you were the person who originally registered the account.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
http://daoc.goa.com/en/ - Download section

In this webpage can i download all the game, and expansions ? Cause it would be the best sollution to solve my problem. Since i already have a acc, from what i've read there, theres not going to be any problem with downloading/playing the game. Anyone tried this before ? Is the downloading speed fast ?

IainC

Sauruman said:
http://daoc.goa.com/en/ - Download section

In this webpage can i download all the game, and expansions ? Cause it would be the best sollution to solve my problem. Since i already have a acc, from what i've read there, theres not going to be any problem with downloading/playing the game. Anyone tried this before ? Is the downloading speed fast ?
Yes you can download the client from there and use it to reinstall. It's only a 1mb download so it should be very quick indeed however you then need to patch the entire game - 1.4 GB worth in the ToA client at normal patching speed.

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
That link didnt work for me the other day. And for the record, you only need to install ToA. Not Classic, then SI then ToA.

IainC

frogster said:
That link didnt work for me the other day. And for the record, you only need to install ToA. Not Classic, then SI then ToA.
The link has been fixed (I just tested it) - and you are correct, you only need one of the clients not all of them. You need to have SI enabled on your account to use ToA but you don't need the SI client to install and play ToA.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
So, i just click on the thing to download toa client, and by the end of the 1.4GB download/patch, i'll be able to play in ToA/SI/Mainland ?

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Sauruman said:
So, i just click on the thing to download toa client, and by the end of the 1.4GB download/patch, i'll be able to play in ToA/SI/Mainland ?

Indeedy, does exactly what it says on the tin :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom