DAoC on the end of its life?

• Thread starter gotcha-pointing
  • Start date
G

gotcha-pointing

i was just wondering.. who excally still likes DAoC? only thing that happens in hib is PL and focus pull.. nothing wrong with it .. but all dungeons where usually a raid was needed for ( galla ) can now be done with 1fg.. every 1 going more and more indivudual. this is not a whine just wondering how other people think about it. raids are most likely useless now since enchanters can farm anything these days with a few healers.. except maybey water primal and stuff.

p.s. dont pay attention on my spelling.. i'm just a dutchie ;)

S

stroopwafel

don't like it that much anymore

but it's still the best available :\

M

mac_kraakebolle

Originally posted by gotcha-pointing
but all dungeons where usually a raid was needed for ( galla ) can now be done with 1fg.. every 1 going more and more indivudual.

Is that bad?

G

Gesp

Only thing happening is focuspull if u dont know how to pass to other side of DL or leech the glasny, and i personally still doing normal tank grps when i need exp on my non-50 alts. So it's all up to you.

N

Nemue

Just bcoz u are dead tired of the game, doesn't automatically mean that the game is dead.

P

panos_gr

ok sometimes i feel real bad about daoc( bbs,zerkers b4 and savages now) but aye its the best out there

S

Sichama

DAoC is far from perfect, PvE content is basic at the least, and end game RvR has many problems, it is almost sure that someone that finds interest in PvE or hasn't found his role in RvR or to do it in a way he enjoyes he will get tired of the game fast.

But as mentioned above it is at the moment the best out there.

A

Amadon

I think it sucks, but I'm horribly addicted so I still play :(

I

ilaya

I aint top of the champ listings, wont be happy until i am.
Guild aint top of the listings either..
nor do i have the ability to craft ANYTHING i want.. close.. but.. hehe
i dont have a house either!
aint got all the stuff i want..

not bored yet.. only played about 80% of hib tbh.. and about 10% alb.. and ofc 0% mid, how can it be deaded yet? :)
not imo it aint :D

oh, and i aint played a stealther in rvr yet either..hmm..

A

Arrows

hes right its dieing
cant wait for it to die the game sickens me to death its lost all its original charm and fun.
Ill still play it though cos its the best of the worst till WoW or FF11 comes out =/

C

censi

you must have goals to make daoc fun.

You are right about focus pulling being overpowered though.

it will get fixed though :)

S

sheph

I still find it most enjoyable. Every day i learn something new and see some new nice moves.

The thing for me is to have goals. Some big one... and then small ones to complete here and there :)

O

old.SOSAGES

games like this should be easier to be good at without devoting 10 hours a day ...not for your casual gamer more designed for a 14 year old kid on his summer hols..
im just jelous i wish games like this were out when i was 14 =)

O

oblivion_6

get urselfs over to SWG and see what a real games like :p

Z

Ziva

If u are bored with the game just stop playing it, take a break, change realm or whatever. Asking people if they are bored too won't change your own feeling.

The game is what u make of it, no1 else can do this for you.

G

gunner440

Originally posted by Ziva
If u are bored with the game just stop playing it, take a break, change realm or whatever. Asking people if they are bored too won't change your own feeling.

The game is what u make of it, no1 else can do this for you.

such touching words ziva :(

R

rhemis

i have to agree with the changing realms bit, i know albion inside out, im learning Midgard now with my 30 Skald and will probably take her to 50, but i've never had any char over 14 in HIB, so that's still something for me, problem is i get bored with routine in DAOC, i.e kill things, rest, kill things, rest, LEVEL UP!! new style, kill things, rest, kill things, rest............ it does get repetative, but like others have said it IS the best out there ATM, im waiting for WoW!! heeh cant wait to play a REAL ORC!! still and maybe its just me (and the fact we have no Role Play Server) i make up stories for myself as im playing and i also give a running commentary in my head of each fight, and i take it VERY personally when i die to a mob, i always go back for revenge!! ok ok i'll get back in the hospital ward now!! :)

O

oblivion_6

aye i think what rhemis is saying holds some truth

with other games there is a bit more RP going on

I was one of the first to say "hmm bit strange that" but ive now realised that its part of the whole way to enjoy the game fully

now when i play SWG im mostly in character as a pschyo imperialist who cant stand the rebels and thinks luke skywalker was made up to scare imperial kiddies :p

and i must say its making the game more fun than if i just focused on the fighting killin leveling part :)_

A

Armolas

SWG will be good, shame it got nerfed (and a lot less fun) at the end of beta, also a shame i haven't been able to import it yet, but even so, i'll be on there.

I see oblivion went for fotm this time, not another gimp (did most of the way through sniper/rifle support spec in beta, thats gimped - But Bounty Hunter made up for it).

Still DAOC is good, just don't expect decent PVE - same in SWG really, pve is a bit dull, nothing like running into bestine as a solo BH and wasting all the imps there not looking out for an attack :)

S

saltymcpepper

a little tip, dont look at swg as an alternative to daoc, look at it as the rushed pos it truly is =)

D

Divinia

Originally posted by chrstffr
Typo right? u mean 2040 :rolleyes:

heh, well everyone can reach it.. no matter if they got skills or not ;p

E

Ensceptifica

Still love the game. Only thing that it could do without is people who are fed up with it but still keep playing & complain about it.

O

old.chipper

i was pretty bored of daoc and did quit for a while to play SWG beta, that ended so back to daoc.
i dont think its at its end of its life, the game still has plenty in it if your willing to look. the big problem is ppl play the game to death 10 hours a day etc its no good you need variety i started playing other games planetside is a good alternative if for nothing else to get a break from the tedious lvling up planetside still has lvls but its much more fun gettin em :)

E

Ezeine

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Still love the game. Only thing that it could do without is people who are fed up with it but still keep playing & complain about it.

Well said.

S

Subbiz

dude games hardly ever dies, and I doubt daoc is about to die out when they are topping on sales worldwide still! activity is going UP not DOWN!

O

old.Jable

camelot needs an enema. then im sure it will be fine. oh, and another way to make money other than hitting things over and over and over...

R

Roo Stercogburn

I've never got tired with DAoC, though I have got immensely frustrated at times because of some of the game balance issues that have affected in particular my subclass of choice.

I play Hib/Ex quite frequently though I have to admit pbae and focus pulling seems to stunt a lot of people's thinking when it comes to xp groups. Because my main char here is a druid, I don't have a lot of control over where I can xp, I pretty much have to go where the groups are. And that means focus at Fins these days.

Will defo make a bard and level it, though will be slow as won't be regularly.

There is a lot of variation in DAoC but its the social aspect rather than the game mechanics that keeps peeps coming back. Its actually the social aspect that can cause a lack of variation in a way, as peeps have to work together to get further faster, and if peeps have a tried and tested formula most will rigidly stick to it rather than trying something different.

I've noticed people will rather look for a group than start one, even if the LFG window is bursting with solo peeps and that Hibs are particularly bad for only working to a set formula. This is starting to set in on Mid too, but its a lot more innured in Hib players I've found.

Still having a very chilled out time though when I pop into Hib for a visit and thats basically why I play these games anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread