Sex Daoc Memories

Everz

FH is my second home
Bare in mind i was 10/11 at the time :p.

That i'm now 19 says I spent far to long on this game hah.

Another thing was that I thought emain was a high lvl only zone, so I didnt go there till I was 40ish and leveled up at the graveyard for hours, used to wonder why these big troll and firbolg things would go past and wave at me. Hell even my first rvr fight I thought it was a mob. haha.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Hell even my first rvr fight I thought it was a mob. haha.

Ha Ha - I had the same thing. Couldn't understand why a purple con monster was casting at me! :twak:

Mate of mine used to get the "shakes" - where the adreline of chasing someone in rvr was too exciting for him! He even spent 10 minutes being pursued by someone and eventually sat down to let him kill him. Oh the innocence of the early days :fluffle:

/bow

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone also remember the Mid raid on Alb lands in the days before Toa where most of the force was made up of /level 20 players.

I remember running from a group of about 20 of them and when they caught me up, wondered why they were hardly damaging me! :cheers:I think I kille d a few and then sat down to let them finish me off. Got lots of /wave and /kiss for that fun! :worthy:

I used to love that side of community that crossed over the game :cheers:

/bow

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Mate of mine used to get the "shakes" - where the adreline of chasing someone in rvr was too exciting for him!

I was totally pumped when i had just dinged my hunter 50 and was hunting on DF,it's funny to think just how edge on the seat i was :p

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
I remember when my dwarf zerker was lvl 48 and had DF diamond red dyed gear (LoLS!) I was buying some more stuff at mid merchs when a yellow Infil PA'd me I killed him and i was 60% hp then 2 Infils (1 orange and 1 yellow) appeared in no time, jumped on me, I pressed "Bear" Button and finished both before my life went to 30% , then, a grey Troll (seemed warrior) that was wearing rags, asked me: "Hey m8, what class are you actually?" said: Zerker...

"Ok thanks m8, I'm gonna make one right away!" /sit /quit

Was LOLZ!! (old times left axe dmg)

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I think it used to be Amphrax or some SB that when his name popped up in old emain I'd run back to the pad and refuse to run solo! Really feared that guy as he'd often 2 shoot my merc! (Had NO idea about templates and had some of the worst rog shit I've ever know :worthy:)

Can't be good old fashioned fear! :cheers:

/bow

megadave

I am a FH squatter
oh man that was so Roxxor! but i still remember when shadowblades got that skill like see hidden somewhat in the OF and then could see scouts from miles!! I remember watching a scout on AMG hill on the screen and my bro's SB was like at granny's mob spot! OP lol the fecker!:clap:
The original See Hidden when assassins could see archers from clip range, permanently was ridiculous! I don't even know how i played a scout back then, no wonder there was barely any people playing archers :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
The original See Hidden when assassins could see archers from clip range, permanently was ridiculous! I don't even know how i played a scout back then, no wonder there was barely any people playing archers :p

Hey Aoln! xD still remember your original Shade Form in Emain :p
Omfg where the dmg coming from?!? ... dead ... :drink:

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Aoln! xD still remember your original Shade Form in Emain :p
Omfg where the dmg coming from?!? ... dead ... :drink:

Sign of a great archer. :england:

Remember many a luri archer, hidden behind some grass, that'd pin cushion me to death . . . took me a while to figure to use /face :lol:

/bow

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Yeah shade mode was pretty overpowered combined with some of the other abilities available back then. I remember it well, it was fun :)

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah shade mode was pretty overpowered combined with some of the other abilities available back then. I remember it well, it was fun :)

shade form you mean when SoM turned you into necro shade instead of actual form? if it is that lol you are right, i remember tanks in OF passing through MMG and almost invisible in distance, for archers that form was an "I'm still stealthed and hitting you from the distance..." :D

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
I remember spending what seemed like days in real time levelling through my 20's in Muspelheim because over half of my gear was grey and I was solo. Also praying that every patch would bring some Thane love (did they ever take the thanes off the healer damage table?) Can't believe I spent years of my life playing! Old email zerg fests when no one was lvl 50 were fantastic, just pushing people back and forth to the milegates whilst trying to work out what was going on through the lag!

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I remember going afk in emain amg house and coming back to find myself having evaded about 6 rounds of combat from some terrible melee scout and perfing them. Do you remember that Aoln :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ha Ha - I had the same thing. Couldn't understand why a purple con monster was casting at me! :twak:

Mate of mine used to get the "shakes" - where the adreline of chasing someone in rvr was too exciting for him! He even spent 10 minutes being pursued by someone and eventually sat down to let him kill him. Oh the innocence of the early days :fluffle:

/bow

That happened to me alot tbh, such an odd sensation. Was even more so in Jumpgate because you actually lost something if you died and it took hours to get back to square one.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Technically you weren't 'playing' it, that requires too much mental dexerity for a mong such as yourself. I mean that in the nicest possible way of course, no offense intended! :D ;) :p

Páll

Fledgling Freddie
Memories of joining as SI came out. Rolled a Reaver because it was new.
Spent hours and hours soloing while the guild were off in Sidi.

Eventually along came ToA and there was me, decked out in the classy light blue Atlantis kit. lol. No highly prized crafted uberness for me. oh no. lol.
Remember being so happy to have the Snakecharmers whip.

Running round trying to Slam Levi EVERYTHING before it got nerfed. And then cam the reaver bomb. And I never did get high enough RR to really make use of it.
Think I managed RR5 in the end <checks sig>

Drakan Templars forever! :D

and i managed 12 posts in 6 years! I'm sure it was more than that but nevermind. XD

Ormorof

FH is my second home
my SM killed Rambo once, (yes i once killed someone in DAoC, it did not happen often :p )

sshot158.jpg

i also miss the old zerker looks (especially dwarfs on horses)
hamsterhorse.gif

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
OMG thats a VERY old SoN's pic Ormy (2003?) - cant see my shaman for all the bloody trolls tho :p

SoN's Guild outtings rocked. Memories of running thru Doden's/Summoners Hall into enemy frontiers or taking 3+ full groups round Trollheim stopping off at the bar while Jake ran round like a nutter lol Good times :)

Oh and I have that exact same screeny of Bluey in vendo on horseback too... makes me smile seeing the "proper" vendo morph... specially from Dorf zerkers :)

Spyte

Loyal Freddie
My first character was a Friar called Caedwell.
I remember crafting at a relic keep during a raid because it was the only place to buy the mats. Was the first to solo craft a ram :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
My first character was a Friar called Caedwell.
I remember crafting at a relic keep during a raid because it was the only place to buy the mats. Was the first to solo craft a ram :)

Nothing was more fun than to get stuck in place when the cleric/druid/shaman who had buffed you died and left you with few hunred points over your enc cap :p

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Loved running to the old frontier alb portal keep (cant remember its name lol!) at level 30 ish with Jamiesmallicus, he always used to give me gold when I saw him and sometimes take me on random RvR.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Loved running to the old frontier alb portal keep (cant remember its name lol!) at level 30 ish with Jamiesmallicus, he always used to give me gold when I saw him and sometimes take me on random RvR.

You boy ..... go & get your hair cut!! :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom