Sex Daoc Memories

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Lots of names I recognised there Mr Chodax Sir. Especially good to see Galewyr and Truth, and DocWolfe! Brings back lots of good memories. Edit: And Steveh!

br1te

Loyal Freddie
Chasing Brite all over Hadrians and rejoicing when my armsman got a snare.

You mustnt have been alone else i wouldnt have run :p

Good times in OF HW/Odins. I remember when id be happy making 10k rps a night solo and anything more would be amazing :p

Though it was easier on the days when jamiesmallicus was out and he kept bringing his groups back to die was ace :D

Remember my first run out with a buff bot (yellow buffs i hadnt finished leveling yet) in HW, ran into a hib group at MMG with dyna, they killed her pretty early but they just couldnt managed to drop me while i slowly killed thier support and ended up killing thier whole group, first time id managed to drop a group :D

br1te

Loyal Freddie
Didnt Bannanplockaren (i think that was his BD name) camp that tower a few times aswell ? :)

banan was my bd mentor :p made me respec from supp/ba to supp/dark.... what a good idea that was :p thought i missed my ae dot for uncovering stealthers :(

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lots of names I recognised there Mr Chodax Sir. Especially good to see Galewyr and Truth, and DocWolfe! Brings back lots of good memories. Edit: And Steveh!

I know Galewyr very well. I also spotted Ishereuk who ended up joining Phoenix Legion not long before I left... great guy :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

I have 100's of others somewhere but be damned if I can find them, got some early relic raids, gobbo and witherwood groups, also opening day of Darkness Falls. Gonna be pissed if I have lost them. :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I have 100's of others somewhere but be damned if I can find them, got some early relic raids, gobbo and witherwood groups, also opening day of Darkness Falls. Gonna be pissed if I have lost them. :(

There is (were?) some good pics of the old days on the Templar website. One particularly fetching picture of my paladin wearing some ghastly green/red combo, I used to just wear any old rubbish when levelling.

Some pictures at Order of the Knights Templar, he says quickly Googling...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sab2563/ootkt/gallery/ss007.htm

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I think my primary memory that stuck with me was when I eventually managed to get a mezz ball on Maelstrom and Gahn typing that I'd actually learnt how to bard.

I can even picture where it was (running down from DB towards the road through some trees) and I remember sitting there shocked at what had just happened.

I think I was rr4 at the time. G was proved to be incorrect as I don't think it happened again.... Their skald actually laughed at me at a RL meet telling me how shit I was :(.

Rofl i rememberd that, we were all patting yer shoulder and they came out of mezz and rolled the floor with us eheh.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Sitting up to 6am in the morning on relic raids scouting on my Nightshade.

NFD GG2 - we were not so good but we didn't care, we had some good nights and some bad nights. But they were mostly good.

Running druid in relic raids.

Epic relic defence with Jupiter shouting "Don't panic! We got Shrooms!"

Was level 40 and lying dead just outside the keep that night. Running around old emain with printed out maps and telling where I was by looking at the mobs.....

Beating Maelstrom once (they were afk and resting!)...

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I loved Daoc back when no one new the words "opted" or "spec". Where eveything was a journey of experimentation. (Took me to about level 30+ until someone told me what quality on weapons did to damage!)

Loved playing alb - but certainly remember the day Sinister (I think?) made it into alb lands /shudder.

Also loved the "Arturian" feel to the game . . . until I met a sorc/wiz called "Cabbage" :p. A little bit of me died that day :lol:

However favourite memory is the day before the first patch, where all the keeps would go back to the original owners. Whole load of Albs went and took that Mid keep on the hill near the Glacier Giant. I was level 32 and my mate had a Cabby who was 25. We couldnt get a group as all the others were 40+.

I remember using my merc and his short bow and hitting peeps for 1! However my mate got onto the highest point of the centre tower and managed to get outside onto a ledge. He looked dead cool up there. We waited for about 30 mins until the Mids charged. Just at that moment my mate tried to move and ended up falling from the top and died at the bottom just as they broke through. I pissed my pants so much that I physically couldn't play at that time as I could just make out my friend typing "Please rez! I've waited an hour for this moment . . . "

Priceless moments :england:

/bow

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
cabbage was a sorc he often died as he was in my group :m00:
think i've still got some vids of him dying alot to the music of turtle power

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH

Not good to admit that you are responsible for your groupm8's death Deep :p
Btw how is things with ya oldie :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I loved Daoc back when no one new the words "opted" or "spec". Where eveything was a journey of experimentation. (Took me to about level 30+ until someone told me what quality on weapons did to damage!)

Loved playing alb - but certainly remember the day Sinister (I think?) made it into alb lands /shudder.

Also loved the "Arturian" feel to the game . . . until I met a sorc/wiz called "Cabbage" :p. A little bit of me died that day :lol:

However favourite memory is the day before the first patch, where all the keeps would go back to the original owners. Whole load of Albs went and took that Mid keep on the hill near the Glacier Giant. I was level 32 and my mate had a Cabby who was 25. We couldnt get a group as all the others were 40+.

I remember using my merc and his short bow and hitting peeps for 1! However my mate got onto the highest point of the centre tower and managed to get outside onto a ledge. He looked dead cool up there. We waited for about 30 mins until the Mids charged. Just at that moment my mate tried to move and ended up falling from the top and died at the bottom just as they broke through. I pissed my pants so much that I physically couldn't play at that time as I could just make out my friend typing "Please rez! I've waited an hour for this moment . . . "

Priceless moments :england:

/bow

Cabbage is a good mate of mine, still shoot the shit with him a few times a month on MSN. LEGEND! :D

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Ahh so many great memories. The first time i played, logging in to Humberton and killing mobs on the hill with about 50 other low levels :D - Sinister getting into Salisbury planes and everyone chasing after him. Salisbury planes leveling - can anyone else remember the lizzard, Slythcur I think who used to wipe groups running onto the planes if they were too much in a hurry! Such good times - there were always places camped by people who would let you join regardless of class. Keltoi Fugu or whatever it's called if anyone can remember that :p and ahhh the gobbos, & trees - you love to hate them! I can remember Soulfly being the first level 50 in Alb and thinking that was amazing. Damn wish i had taken more screenies! :(

It brings a tear to my eye, no game will ever have that unique feeling of community and exploration again - the entire MMO genre has developed too far for people to just enjoy games without the quest for the next XP point or piece of phat loot.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

lol Cabbage was suicidal, as was Myddrin the fire wizzy. Fun to group with but I'd spend most of my time rezzing them and running away from aggro :D

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh so many great memories. The first time i played, logging in to Humberton and killing mobs on the hill with about 50 other low levels :D - Sinister getting into Salisbury planes and everyone chasing after him. Salisbury planes leveling - can anyone else remember the lizzard, Slythcur I think who used to wipe groups running onto the planes if they were too much in a hurry! Such good times - there were always places camped by people who would let you join regardless of class. Keltoi Fugu or whatever it's called if anyone can remember that :p and ahhh the gobbos, & trees - you love to hate them! I can remember Soulfly being the first level 50 in Alb and thinking that was amazing. Damn wish i had taken more screenies! :(

Good memories :clap:

/bow

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Such good times - there were always places camped by people who would let you join regardless of class. Keltoi Fugu or whatever it's called if anyone can remember that :p

Loved that place - always aggro coming into the ent. Also saw my first hacker down there - a merc bowled into a room did /dance and then fireballed me for 0 damage! :ninja: Most perculiar.

/bow

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
Just to name one:
(accidentally) pulling the Alb vaultkeeper in OF/castle sauvage. Priceless.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
Rather tipsy guild leader leading three full groups who where on /follow and mostly AFK smoking and making coffee to the hastener at DC in emain, which unfortunately happened to be Alb owned with 150 people in side planning a relic raid. Twas a bloodbath and over very quickly.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Just to name one:
(accidentally) pulling the Alb vaultkeeper in OF/castle sauvage. Priceless.

Trebbing the sauvage port pad in OF was always a laugh :) Although was a bit like kickign a hornets nest.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Trebbing the sauvage port pad in OF was always a laugh :) Although was a bit like kickign a hornets nest.

Volley spamming Mid Portal Keep from in emain from the huge hill at the back and killing dozens of buffbots every hour, happy days! :D

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I still miss True Sight on the scout class - was wicked fun when you popped that and caught all the mid/hib stealthers sat down and regenerating :clap:

/bow

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
I still miss True Sight on the scout class - was wicked fun when you popped that and caught all the mid/hib stealthers sat down and regenerating :clap:

/bow

oh man that was so Roxxor! but i still remember when shadowblades got that skill like see hidden somewhat in the OF and then could see scouts from miles!! I remember watching a scout on AMG hill on the screen and my bro's SB was like at granny's mob spot! OP lol the fecker!:clap:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I rolled a Thane on Excalibur Beta server, cant remember name. He sucked at killing so at lvl 6 I made a warrior called Griegorisher. I took like 10 min detours to avoid the ant king around Mularn :DD. Then I was stuck and sorted my first creditcard. (parents wouldnt pay online with theirs: OMG ITS SCAM)

Everz

FH is my second home
I rolled on Igraine as a Merc, I thought I couldn't leave Humberton till I was lvl 5 and figured the border was when I went to the bridge as a purple goblin owned me. Specced in every line as though it was like D2 so I could balance all the skills. Fun times hah.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I rolled on Igraine as a Merc, I thought I couldn't leave Humberton till I was lvl 5 and figured the border was when I went to the bridge as a purple goblin owned me. Specced in every line as though it was like D2 so I could balance all the skills. Fun times hah.

Lol I always knew you weren't right in the head but this just confirms it. :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Around that time my nephew Terence was 7 years old and I let him make a few characters to run around the starter zones. I left him alone for an hour (with chat turned off obviously) and came back to find he had only managed one level of xp, he had spent an hour just killing grey con mobs because he liked winning fights and getting money/loot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom