Sex Daoc Memories

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Since we all are grumpy old men now let's bring out the best memories we had while playing daoc! :p

*Rolling my first toon which was Highlander Paladin and hearing Humberton theme,still gives me shivers if i happen to hear it.

* End of beta event when everyone went to Emain and just had lot of fun.

*I still remember being on my first relic raid when i was 2x and everyone looked Vege as huge rolemodel since he was over 40 and the whole Soul Pact gang while Middies had several lvl 50's,it really felt like guerilla warfare most of the time back then :p

*Rolling on Hib/Prydwen and meeting new friends,we were almost like big family in there. You guys were awesome!

- English -

Resident Freddy
my first ever char was a healer on pryd called "Isen". I remember at about 18 i begged my first gold from a guy called "Bunes". I was like OMG 1 GOLD ARE YOU SURE?? This seemed so much and i was so happy. I also remember rolling my character at the same time as a guy called Jon who seemed to get to 50 so fast and make his old guild called defenders of jon...

br1te

Loyal Freddie
making the mistake of leveling past 24 on my highest char at the time, my skald brite on prydwen.... so i went to emain and got a group that was really desperate for speed, got to mmg to witness this massive battle that seemed so amazing to me even then i hardly had a clue what was going on :p trying my best to do something :p

made me think that i cant wait to level and get in those fights, but as id been with a pbaoe set group since the low levels, who picked up thier skald at level 24, the grind after that just seemed too crappy, but when i saw SI on sale somewhere i remembered how i liked the sound of the bonedancer class and the valkyn was born!

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Rolled a briton fighter called Rustyman and wanted to be a reaver but became a merc by mistake :p

Rolled hib the following week played my chanter Snowslash for abit to rr5 and deleted week b4 toa release , came back to hib after my merc was boring remade chanter got it rr4 and then made hero , my 110 day played rr5 gimp :p

Then one day i made a Nightshade ... <3

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
rolled a merc got it to 24 or something then saw a cabalist and restarted it
came to 50 and was bored so rolled a wiz and a cleric and played it from battlegrounds to 50 templated and had a giggle :)

Lightfighter

One of Freddy's beloved
*Rolling my first toon which was Highlander Paladin and hearing Humberton theme,still gives me shivers if i happen to hear it.

Same here :D.

Also, while leveling in gothwaite (started around the release of SI) a kind necro gave me about 30 gold (without having to ask!) and I instantly bought some purple armor for my pally thinking that I'd pwn! Little did I know that cloth armor didn't exactly help my case xd. Went alot better when joining KotRT and having Bobdiggler craft me some acctual plate (for free ofc!):p.

And making my cleric when the pally was in the high 30s, I got to level 9 in one day with a mithra exp grp, remember thinking that was über fast leveling.

And when the pally reached 50 and got the epic armor I went to emain and decided to start a group, mindlessly inviting everyone I saw without any sence of setup (most where buffbots) then running out, and probably got rolled to crap (don't acctually remember if we managed to kill something)

Angrist

Part of the furniture
Remember exp'ing at mygga tower on my 1 char a dwarf warrior.

Big blue troll named "siamak bluetroll" come running up to me and gave me a blue pointy hat, told me i would lvl faster if i wore it.... apparently he had crafted tons of those pointy hats and dyed 'em all blue, everybody lvl'ing at mygga tower were wearing blue pointy hats :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
my first ever char was a healer on pryd called "Isen". I remember at about 18 i begged my first gold from a guy called "Bunes". I was like OMG 1 GOLD ARE YOU SURE?? This seemed so much and i was so happy. I also remember rolling my character at the same time as a guy called Jon who seemed to get to 50 so fast and make his old guild called defenders of jon...

Hah jon what a legend, he was specced 50 hammer 50 sword rest axe iirc lol.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
In my old Prydwen days - the absolute joy of hitting level 50 finally. An all-night session on the trees in Lyonesse did it. My friend I was playing with died on my last pull, so I played on for a few hours to help him get back his lost xp and get to 50 himself.

Exploring Stonehenge barrows with friends in the Templars was fun, sometimes with roleplaying, sometimes just chatting about anything. Had one particular fun session in there with my crazy cleric friend who liked nothing more than stunning purple mobs and training them through the dungeon as we ran like hell.

The first time I went in Darkness Falls was particularly memorable. Despite having a pick up group it was amazingly balanced and we managed to get down to the Princes without any maps or really having half a clue what we should be doing :D

Relic raids, and relic defences, when they felt like they mattered.

Killing Afanc with Disciples of Aldur. The whole guild lay dead and I luckily got a hit and killed him with my health bar deep in the red. So you'll have to forgive me for telling everyone I soloed Afanc till I went blue in the face.

Killing Death in 1v1 combat in Emain, before realm skills and when he was the most feared player on the server. Most of my RvR experiences were not quite so successful :p

Fighting alongside Guardians of Power and flexing my paladins insane blocking abilities trying to keep our earth wizzie alive.

I remember coming across Downael and some of his stealther buddies in Hadrians Wall and their emote dancing with me, but not attacking me. Ahh, twas fun.

Later on in the USA I quite enjoyed exploring ToA with some guilds writing "how to" guides, including a quite insane all ranger and one warden group that did some of the low ML's :D

Some of the USA beta events for New Frontiers were quite fun, although the lag was insane and I quit for a bit.

Coming back to find the game was so much easier than it had been was a surprise, but levelling up lots of different 50's and having a close knit guild was fun again. I couldn't wrap my head around the migration to the new server, though, and haven't been back since. Perhaps I should.

DAoC is a game best spent with friends, and I'm happy to say I made a lot in the game and met some really nice people.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Killing Death in 1v1 combat in Emain, before realm skills and when he was the most feared player on the server. Most of my RvR experiences were not quite so successful :p

Death was badass but dear god Azal was a total nightmare, that fella had mad skills and is still the best stealther I ever played with or against.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Death was badass but dear god Azal was a total nightmare, that fella had mad skills and is still the best stealther I ever played with or against.

Oh yes, he killed me a few times ... although I seem to remember encountering him more often after realm skills came into the game.

/waves at one of the nicer Prydwen people :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeez yes... I remember him one-shotting me for about 1125 damage = insta death ! :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
That reminds me back when stealth didin't drop when you oneshotted someone :p Wish i assansin back then

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Blood was the other one wasn't he? I remember if I saw Death, Blood, or Azal spam when on my ranger I'd change zones.

And RvR before RA's rocked - though that might have been down to the tiny matter of crit shot being slightly unbalanced.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Going to a relic raid defence at level 24 on my Thane on excal, with Negura and Gerula in Dragons of the north, soooooo laggy!!!

Going relic raiding at level 35 on my healer (Apophys), got to the albion relic keep at 7am, along with about 400 other mids, to be met by 400 albs and about 200 hibs, crashing the zone totally, and after reset logging my thane in West Downs to a bunch of confused lowbies, and then going on a killing spree before goa ejected us (about 40-50 mids in random places in alb got together!).

Killing Veeshan (the most notirious sorc at the time) solo on my thane!

Getting to 50 at the Draks in malm, and having 4plat in my bag!!

Getting my first epic armour!

Leading parties on the neck quest in SI (after being on the SI beta and knowing it off pat!).

My first Dragon raid....epic fail!

Seeing the big worm in DF!

Oh soooo many memories!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Epic armour! Ahh yes, that was fun .... much better than that spellcrafted utility crap.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Rolling a ranger and exp-ing on trees, trees & more tree's!

My memories not as good as some of you guys .. who was the stealther who used to camp the beetle log & who was the BD who lived in Raemons tower?

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Defending beno with realm defenders time and time again :) following the ardamel Zerg was always great fun,back when it was all about fun rather than the holy realm point like it is now...

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Hehe, found sum pics :D
RvR-General1.jpg

Mjolliner Faste RR around 2003...

DF13.jpg

The big worm in DF, notice the single QB with 8 slots!
MM11.jpg

Guild group riding from West Svealand to Svasud Faste after the alliance called for relic defence! OMG, spending 10 minutes riding from Gna Faste to Svasud, how fun was that (cuppa tea time!)

Ahhh the days :D

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Blood was the other one wasn't he? I remember if I saw Death, Blood, or Azal spam when on my ranger I'd change zones.

And RvR before RA's rocked - though that might have been down to the tiny matter of crit shot being slightly unbalanced.

Blood, Death, Sinister and Azal. Those are the names that stayed with me, the names that kind of haunt me. :D As Turamber said though, Azal hit like a truck and killed me so many times it just wasn't funny. Total respect for him, he played that Shadowblade like no one I had ever seen back then or even since, todays high realm rank stealthers have nothing on that guys skill.

Genedril

Part of the furniture
I think my primary memory that stuck with me was when I eventually managed to get a mezz ball on Maelstrom and Gahn typing that I'd actually learnt how to bard.

I can even picture where it was (running down from DB towards the road through some trees) and I remember sitting there shocked at what had just happened.

I think I was rr4 at the time. G was proved to be incorrect as I don't think it happened again.... Their skald actually laughed at me at a RL meet telling me how shit I was :(.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A few early retail shots from Prydwen...

sshot001.jpg

sshot062.jpg

sshot004.jpg

sshot010.jpg

sshot014.jpg

sshot012.jpg

sshot016.jpg

sshot020.jpg

sshot029.jpg

sshot055.jpg

Earliest one is from 17th February 2002. :D

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Whoodoo what ever happend to Realm Defenders? Was the first Mid guild i was in back in 2002-2003 (as Diniix the Hunter).
(Left to join Hibernia and the guild Eel, but came back to Mid early in 2004 and joined Red Shadows)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Whoodoo what ever happend to Realm Defenders? Was the first Mid guild i was in back in 2002-2003 (as Diniix the Hunter).
(Left to join Hibernia and the guild Eel, but came back to Mid early in 2004 and joined Red Shadows)
RD was mainly a family run guild, Thumper and Davey were the original GMs, father and son. Obsessive was another son, and Virus was a good family freind. I joined later on (after my days in DotN) and became another GM. Sadly, the family were all drawn away by SWG on its release, and they never returned, Obsessive did for a short while, but greadually, lots left for SWG, WOW and other games. Eventually I gave up too and went US with the gang from Sarumans Hand.

I still speak to them from time to time, but I really miss those days!
Misc2.jpg

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I dunno, I feel so jaded now with MMO's and most games in general to be honest. Unless the genre make a serious change for the better then I am planning to make SW:OR and Jumpgate Evolution my last ever MMO's.

I know you can't really plan these things but 11 years of pretty much playing MMO's constantly has taken it's toll in many ways and the only reason I am sticking around for those games above is that I love Bioware's previous work in the KOTOR universe. As for Jumpgate Evolution well the original was my first MMO and in many ways my favourite because it had great core gameplay, a brilliant community with 3-way RvR before RvR ever existed. All it lacked was content because the developer was tiny and couldn't finance the content that the game required to make it a massive hit.

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
Chasing Brite all over Hadrians and rejoicing when my armsman got a snare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom