daoc IRL Meetup

Jjuraa

Banned
TheBinarySurfer said:
Errr its full of hot young students in term time.Rich,hot, young students at that.I should know i only live 10 miles from there :)

holy shit i live 10 miles from evita? :D small small world. youre right about the students too *mumbles something about a date with a Royal High student tommorow*

Elendar went to King Edwards :x we should probably curtsey every time he enters a room

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Made me laugh when someone said york, I mean theres nothing to do except sit in the 5,000 tea rooms they have there :p I guess it's ok if you're 80+

Xyliana

One of Freddy's beloved
Make up your mind :)

Well let me and Novamir know, I have no problem sorting out a london one right now but anything away from that I cant organize or attend. Can't travel, cause I will be broke after the EveOnline fanfest in Iceland this October < dances >

atos

Fledgling Freddie
If you pay my alcohol I'll pay your trip. xD

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Bubble said:
Birmingham might be a good idea since its alot cheaper and theres good transport there etc.

Please don't make me go back there, I've only just escaped! (But if you do hold it in the nightclub I used to work in called Edwards, great rock club)

Bournemouth is an option also, we have lovely beaches, cheap accomodation, good nightlife (theres a pub down the road called The Albion, Mr Spug and myself were considering taking it over and renaming it The Midgard) and an airport.

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
OOOH I KNOW!! How about Portland, Oregon? How about Seattle, Washington?

okay okay...just a thought :( I'm never gonna get to meet up with you guys. We just bought a new house in March and I've been given my orders by the hubby to "not spend money on ANYTHING!"

Meh what's a poor gamer chixxor to do?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I'd go for bournemouth.... seeing as i live here <chuckle>

though Kyra are you on about the same portland that stephen king writes about, if so i'd love to go there do a tour of all the places he has mentioned in his books.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
bah, how about yous all come to ireland?

Cheap flights with ryanair!

Then id make it, cba to go around the world again :p was at rl guildmeeting in denmark last year :)

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Wrong coast hun, he's up by Portland, Maine. Fightersuntzu can give you a tour of there, that's his neck of the woods.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Kyra said:
Wrong coast hun, he's up by Portland, Maine. Fightersuntzu can give you a tour of there, that's his neck of the woods.
Oh poo, been dying to bump in to him and go "Hi Im Your Number One Fan.... Muwahahahahahahahahahhahahha <cough cough> scuse me.... Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha" and watch him run.

Sadly am busy savin me mula so no exotic Rl meetings for me but if you do happen to privalidge the uk by holding another one here... and if its on the south coast i'll definately come! Though cant blame y'all if you decide to do it abroad tbh whatever as long as pics are posted afterwards so all that couldnt go can go green with envy. :cheers:

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Should do Amsterdam tbh, means I can come down with a bunch of friends too and do the legal thingies... :p

I just hope I can gather cash for the next meet, the last one was bloody great!

<waves to everyone I met up with last time>

Also mental note, drunken danes are very scary...like Tiwiwie (sp?) :p

Was nice to put faces to names, also was funny when Karimkazi asked how "fishy" was doing (Friend of mine, dont ask about the name), made me laugh.

Anyway, hope one gets organised again soon, would love to come down again. ;)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:
Should do Amsterdam tbh, means I can come down with a bunch of friends too and do the legal thingies... :p

HELL NO WE SHOULDN'T.

I mean.. come on, it'd be unfair.. the last 100 times I couldn't come to the UK, but, this november I'll hopefully be in the UK for an internship of 6 months at a games development company I will not name.. Maybe. If it works out.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Sharma said:

Was nice to put faces to names, also was funny when Karimkazi asked how "fishy" was doing (Friend of mine, dont ask about the name), made me laugh.

Just looking for someone to take the first step and help organise it :) I'm afraid down in plymouth its kinda hard for me to do that (Come on guys!)

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
I don't mind helping out on organising it if it will be held either London or Bournemouth as both are areas I am in frequently, anywhere else wouldnt be viable for me. Maybe someone a little more technosavvy can do a poll to see where people would prefer to hold it.

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
i can help sort another london one. other stuff is out of the question coz now im uber busy :(

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
hey, I don't know how many people even KNOW that Hadrians Wall actually exists here in England ( http://www.hadrians-wall.org ) ... so in the spirit of the game the meeting should be there! :worthy:
Pretty much all of Albion is based on actual places in England. :p

Manchester is kinda in the Pennines so it's clearly the best place. ;)
It also has a major airport, unlike 90% of the other places suggested. :p

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Just looking for someone to take the first step and help organise it :) I'm afraid down in plymouth its kinda hard for me to do that (Come on guys!)

well me and tosen already said we would organize something in denmark.. but its just if people are willing to go denmark.. me myself dont mind going to london.. I have some family living close to london so I can stay there if needed.. :cheers:

Kaitlyn said:
I don't mind helping out on organising it if it will be held either London or Bournemouth as both are areas I am in frequently, anywhere else wouldnt be viable for me. Maybe someone a little more technosavvy can do a poll to see where people would prefer to hold it.

Hey I used to live in bournemouth.. long time ago tho.. its nice city... not to big, not to small if I remember right..

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:

hehe word Amsterdam :p or invade Delft was there on some 'work' lol week or two ago, pretty chilled city till few hundred sceintists descended getting pissed and stoned :D

Axuk

Fledgling Freddie
If UK is going to host then Birmingham is a good spot. International airport, fast train links from all over, Broad Street has a lot of places to eat and drink, some decent clubs all in a small area and the city has plenty of reasonably priced hotels that are easy to stagger to at the end of the night.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Ironfalcon we gotta meet up, will speak to samaroon irl, see if we can go to london, its wether my mother doesnt do a "omfg peedos on the train QQ uber whine" etc. Cash should be np.

Infanity said:
Ironfalcon we gotta meet up, will speak to samaroon irl, see if we can go to london, its wether my mother doesnt do a "omfg peedos on the train QQ uber whine" etc. Cash should be np.

:eek:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom