daoc IRL Meetup

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I still wouldn't mind to help organise one in Groningen, The Netherlands. tis a lovely city with lotsa stuff to do, and for the lads.... we got 120.000 students here, majority female ;)

Sounds good to me tbh

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Well as i said, i live in a shitty little city in the south west of england :)

If you are able to come up with some information about the city including Transport,location,sleeping etc then please post it :)

Instead of just come to City XXXXX (my home city)

Birmingham might be a good idea since its alot cheaper and theres good transport there etc.

If you have some ideas with useful info please post it, i'd be more than happy to help research etc.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn it would be cool if you could post some Linkys about the city :)

Edit- We've had 2 meetups in england, would love one in another location, since a massive population of our players aren't from england etc :) Unfortuantly i'd need some help organising it :)

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
I'd be more than happy to help organise something.. I live in denmark, and the second largest city in denmark, busses right from airport, and hotels aint that expensive, compared to london, the gals are nice, and I could even arrange some dinner/party place, for a very small fee, due to my job as a chef... my work can have 300 people at one time, and for you english lot, it would be cheap flying with ryan air from london to aarhus... only a thought from me..

http://www.visitaarhus.com/show.asp?id=64

And it would be easy for our swedish/norweigan/german players to get here..

Zede

Part of the furniture
Somewhere in the Netherlands would be good, those of us who prefer not to drink so much could have a good time too :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manchest would be 2nd best place imo

In middle of the UK, got second biggest Airport and its cheaper than London

Also straight down the M62 for me ;)

shorti

Fledgling Freddie
.gr would be ok !!! but not octomber it suxs :p come for summer :) anyway gifv where mebe some of us greeks might come by this time :)

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
shorti said:
.gr would be ok !!! but not octomber it suxs :p come for summer :) anyway gifv where mebe some of us greeks might come by this time :)
Do it in Central/East Europe! Prague/Warsawa/Krakkow/Budapest :p .gr would be 100 times better for me tho than .uk :D

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Ironfalcon, me and mum would love to help you arrange that, as england is nothing but an island in the middle of the sea, it's not really central to ANYTHING.
Me and mum could fix us places to sleep, like what we call Troldehuset, which is pretty far out in a forest, close to the water etc.

A good idea as to why we should place it a bit away from everything is so noone leaves the party to go have a pint somewhere, and we all get lost from eachother.

But I also live in the "downtown" of our cute little 50'000 ppl large Fredericia, so we could also arrange something close to the pub, and maybe actualy go there as a part of the "meeting" :)
England however is nowhere close to anything, and therefor not the best place for a meeting.

But if you danes out there wanna have a DK meeting, or some swedes will come too, etc ? Shout, and we will see what we can do.

However, I think what Ironfalcon said sounded like a nice plan aswell!

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Norwich imo :) Airport close by and open to a few major roads! Loads of bars, and loads of fit birds!
If London agents cant find any models... then they get them from Norwich!
That must say sumin about the place :clap:
Regards...

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Tosen said:
Ironfalcon, me and mum would love to help you arrange that, as england is nothing but an island in the middle of the sea, it's not really central to ANYTHING.
Me and mum could fix us places to sleep, like what we call Troldehuset, which is pretty far out in a forest, close to the water etc.

A good idea as to why we should place it a bit away from everything is so noone leaves the party to go have a pint somewhere, and we all get lost from eachother.

But I also live in the "downtown" of our cute little 50'000 ppl large Fredericia, so we could also arrange something close to the pub, and maybe actualy go there as a part of the "meeting"
England however is nowhere close to anything, and therefor not the best place for a meeting.

I deffo agree with tosen.. what he said sounds like real good idea aswell, get a place far far from everyone and everything, so we can dress up, and gank the hell out of mids.. :flame: or just get wasted.. :clap: food wouldnt be a problem at all.. because I said earlier, im a chef, and I can buy large amounts of food, for well.. best way to say it is cost price, for those of you, who have crafters.. :flame: and me making dinner for 100 people wouldnt be that hard, just need a hand or two.. and as I live in århus where the airport is, I wouldnt mind helping people gettting to fredericia..

Ironfalcon

Can't get enough of FH
Besides frediricia is a really nice city, with some lovely ladies, and for those of you who dont drink, can well just stay in the cabin, and play magic cards or what ever.. :cheers: and I misread tosens post.. I think that while being in another country, you should go and see some of the city, what its likes. :p so there for I would suggest we took a swing around downtown, for some of the clubs.. and then we could sleep at the cabin etc.. and I think its not the country, but how many people are willing to go to the country etc.. if only 5 are willing to fly to denmark, but 100 is willing to fly to holland/england I think we have to settle with that.. :m00:

Jjuraa

Banned
I'd say Bath City myself, home of all the coolest DAOC players (Elendar drops in sometimes too, but dont let that dissuade you)

night life is absolutely terrible though :/

cog

Can't get enough of FH
I was going to say Wolverhampton out of civic pride but that was until 2 people got shot last night outside the main nightclub.

Thankfully I live in Nottingham most of the year.

Oh wait :(

Outlander

Part of the furniture
blah blah blah <insert city nearest and most available to me here> blah kkthnxbb :touch:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Somewhere in the Netherlands would be good, those of us who prefer not to drink so much could have a good time too :)
Hahah class I'm game! :worthy:

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Dakkath said:
Sod all these Manchester / Birmingham ideas...

You wanna host it in a real town...

How about Slough ? :p

Or Stodge Poges(sp?) <giggle>

Whatever country we do it in the town//city needs to have an airport and plenty of cheap accommodation. Basically, whoever gets their finger out and finds some brave pub or hall or field ^^ to host it gets to choose where it is.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Manchester might be a second choice if its in the UK

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
I know afew good places in and around gothenburg..

also know plenty of good motels/hotels and the similar.

Even a friend of my mums has his own lil motel with pub and stage and stuff :p..

need some help in what to do if its intresting.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Prague has no nite life apart from strip joints <ahem> and is full of stag nites, best city i can think of is Galway or Cork, those are in Ireland btw

Taobitz

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
Prague has no nite life apart from strip joints <ahem> and is full of stag nites, best city i can think of is Galway or Cork, those are in Ireland btw

yea have it in ireland! :clap: Galway would be mighty place to have it :D cork wouldnt be that great imo?

jiqnox

Fledgling Freddie
ive missed all meetings so far sadly enough i work very much im a dirty swede but england seems ok for us that live in swe isnt to expensive to fly and so on so if not in swe then my vote would be england just making my silly swedish voice heard :p

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
How about denmark? We got a pub called Tir Na Nogg in Aarhus :D

:clap:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I still wouldn't mind to help organise one in Groningen, The Netherlands. tis a lovely city with lotsa stuff to do, and for the lads.... we got 120.000 students here, majority female ;)
Sold.How hard is it to emigrate to there again?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Bath is full of old ladies and shit :|
Errr its full of hot young students in term time.Rich,hot, young students at that.I should know i only live 10 miles from there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom