Daoc Europe keep losing players

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
steveh: Because you are nothing, but a moron. Casual people don't want to go in opted fgs in rvr, they play the game for other reason.

Your attitude is something, like "You aren't a formula 1 driver? Or even worse, you are a pedestrian? Either train and race with us, or get out the fucking streets and roads since we want to use them for racing." While forgetting, others just want to get from point A to point B.

And this kind of attitude kills the game.

Hehe you are an idiot and a sad man. He didn't say that, try to leave your blindness behind ^^

In every MMORPG the time you spend ingame the better your char will be, you get more abilities better equipment more money and so on. Daoc is the same, but unlike than other mmorpgs it's endgame is RvR , that is why RAs do have such a great effect in the gameplay. Those are the rewards for the time you spend equipping your char (and lets put it straight, the system in which you can cap your char quite easily makes pve useless in a form, since u only pve as much as u need to cap your toon , then why would you keep slaying mobs when you can't get better equipement ? thats why wow is "better" for pve, no caps there, there is a point to keep farming for rare, uniqe objects). PvE is dead mostly because of the nature of the system. To make pve interesting again they should revamp the whole system.

In daoc pvp is the reason most player is still paying their subs. Ppl can whine much as they want but still daoc is the best pvp wise, there was always options to beat any grp setups, you just had to adapt and find new ways instead forcing the old setups.

It is true RAs are playing a great part in the game, and high (rr9-12) RR grps can't be killed by lowbie random grps. But considering the time they spent playing their toons to achieve this level , there must be some compensation, or else what would be the point ? Ppl say they play only for the fun and then whine and log if they don't get above a certain level of rps over a period of time.
I admit, that lowering the effect of the RAs maybe, maybe would make it more balanced, but then what would be the point to achieve high rrs ? That would kill the RvR imo, daoc would be deserted by now without the hope to once get a high realm rank and be one of them.
Any grp containing good players who want to win can offer good fights and challenge even on lower rr for any high rr opted grps. After rr5-6 (which is very easy to obtain nowadays) a setgrp with fixed players can do very well against everyone.

The point is , if you don't have enough spare time for daoc to cap your char and play rvr then you don't have enough time for any mmorpgs.

edit : thats when I can't be arsed to start working bah , writing so much which will have no effect at all bleh xD

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I used to prefer PVE to RVR.
I used to prefer DAOC (Albion, Excalibur) the most before SI came out.
Getting groups was easy.
People played to have a laugh.
I've come to realise that I don't miss playing at all now.

Everz

FH is my second home
I sorta think this started around OF/ToA time, id just left US server where it was friendly, constant raids, rr11's would grp with rr1's, even a good friendly euro guild.

I move to EU and its just unfriendly, i know my first try to rvr was a bad put off for doing it again, getting yelled at for not having the money or the time to ToA.. getting called a rogstar chanter and sitting at Odins MG for hours on end doing nothing not getting a grp or nothing.

Guess i was lucky enough to get a guild with alot of good peeps in (AoP) truth b e told, if it wasnt for a guild such as them, i'd have ------ off back the US

And still the atmosphere of leetism is still around today, where if your not the right spec, you dont use vent, you dont have mic, you dont have etc etc in a template, then grps you wont get...

Gotta feel sorry for any new player these days.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
wait, i dont get it, people are saying that its impossible to beat the high rr groups if you yourself arent high rr / dont play 24/7 (which, you might find surprising, the leetists dont do either). and then they are refusing to do the little things that may even the playing field a bit. its not hard to toa your char. its not hard to install ventrilo. its not hard to buy a microphone. its not hard to spec your char for playing in a group.
i think uberlama said it best, if you dont have the time and willingness to play daoc, you wont have it for any mmorpg.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
The last couple of days have basically been shit in RvR :-/

I've thought about running over to WoW, but I don't want to play there alone.

Only reason I'm logging onto DAoC now a days is just to play with friends, no matter how much frustrated I get.

In PvE I find soloing to be rather dull, especially in WoW.

DAoC is far from what it was back in Old Frontiers, but that is just something people need to understand, it's some sort of evolution in the game.

You can not expect a game to be the same over 2 years or more (especially not an mmorpg). I myself wouldn't mind a rollback to old Fronteirs with the 3000 Excalibur numbers etc. but that is because I'm living in the past like many others do as well.

Advertising has been rather bad on both Mythic and GoA's side, so it's a wonder it's survived for aslong as it already has.

The way it is now, you really can't whine about anything unless you got the time to play the game.

1 or 2 hours a day is not enough to compete now a days as there's so many factors which are being put into the evolvement of your character.

You have masterlevels, Realm ranks, Champion levels and all that, including getting to 50 (which can be a problem for a new player alone).

I just notice when I'm playing my infiltrator which is rr3l2, I get killed 70% of the time by zergs, adds or the opposing stealther due to their ability to press two or three buttons and dump all their ra's on me like Remedy.

The game needs something new or fresh, or perhaps a complete overhaul which might be Warhammer.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Personally in RvR I find the high RR's nigh unbeatable in 1vs1 or 8vs8, but not zerg vs zerg.

That's fine for me, because large scale warfare is what sold this game to me (other than having friends who played it).

I do think that RAs, Arties and some MLs give too much advantage in small scale combats, but I find they are less unbalancing in large scale stuff.

Darzil

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
steveh: Because you are nothing, but a moron. Casual people don't want to go in opted fgs in rvr, they play the game for other reason.

Your attitude is something, like "You aren't a formula 1 driver? Or even worse, you are a pedestrian? Either train and race with us, or get out the fucking streets and roads since we want to use them for racing." While forgetting, others just want to get from point A to point B.

And this kind of attitude kills the game.

This comes from a man who want easy rp ( signature ). go play with a game where you can type /god mode then have fun in it.

I always think about peoples like Esselinitha they played the game or they just readed it somwhere ?

I dont want to make this nice thread to turn into any whine so lets this little discousion end here pls. Pm me on FH if you want to talk about it. Thx

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Esselinithia said:
You don't have to turn down TOA abilities, the MAIN reason for TOA was simple: High RR people dominated the frontier, and RRs were a too big advantage. More skills you have, and more powerfull skills you have, the less important this advantage is.

The problem is: TOA was far too easy in the begining. Why? Because everyone done it. If it would be hard, long and require a lot of effort (comparable to getting RAs at high levels), most leet RVR people wouldn't get arties, MLs, etc: They have a bet6ter option.

u can ask any hardcore rvr group if they can do without ToA abilities or not, and they will say no. why? because any advantage is a good advantage.

and making the encounters harder then it used to be is guaranteed to keep the casuals away from getting them, ferther limiting their rvr possibilitys and be even more gimp when faced with a opted rvr group that HAVE all the RA's, ToA abilitys and artifacts... making shit harder only make the gap between the opted groups and the casuals even wider.....

and that WILL kill the game because it will end up with all the casuals leaving. and we ARE quite many. probably more then the ppl thats playing rvr hardcore....

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Steveh said:
This comes from a man who want easy rp ( signature ). go play with a game where you can type /god mode then have fun in it.

I always think about peoples like Esselinitha they played the game or they just readed it somwhere ?

I dont want to make this nice thread to turn into any whine so lets this little discousion end here pls. Pm me on FH if you want to talk about it. Thx

Steveh: I have no scouts, but the stick man stuff was common when the signature was made, and many many people had signatures with stick men representing other characters, ideas.

Why I would make a joke about scouts and their wants if I would be a scout? Probably for no reason, and everyone over 4 years of age, expect you, know this. You on the other hand make lame attacks.

THe fact is quite simple: Many people left the game, and you aren't one of them, you haven't played in same group with many such people, and yet you claim you know their motives better than anyone.

There are 3 sure sign of morons:

Inability to see when something is humour (see sig) while most people can.
Inability to accept, that other people think differently, want different things.
Inability to comprehend basic information (like who left, who stays, etc)

You can count how many of this 3 would describe you.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
u can ask any hardcore rvr group if they can do without ToA abilities or not, and they will say no. why? because any advantage is a good advantage.

and making the encounters harder then it used to be is guaranteed to keep the casuals away from getting them, ferther limiting their rvr possibilitys and be even more gimp when faced with a opted rvr group that HAVE all the RA's, ToA abilitys and artifacts... making shit harder only make the gap between the opted groups and the casuals even wider.....

and that WILL kill the game because it will end up with all the casuals leaving. and we ARE quite many. probably more then the ppl thats playing rvr hardcore....

You made 2 big mistakes:

1st: Reaching MLs are an advantage (both now, and in the begining), but if you spend 40 hours with getting it, and in that 40 hours, you can make a bigger advantage, is it a good deal? No it isn't. It won't worth your time.

2nd: Making encouters harder NOW, would be bad, as I said in my comment, since harcore people ALREADY have the advatgaes, so it would increase the gap between people who have RRs and MLs both and who doesn't have any of it. This is why I said, the changes to make it easier is valid.

But in the begining? See point 1. Most hardcore would see little point in doing arties, MLs, etc, if the advantage they get would be limited compared to what they can get in the same time in RVR. People in PUG with less opted equipment wouldn't be able to benefit as much from RVR, so for them MLs / arties, etc. would be better investment of time that RVR, and it would reduce the gap. IF noone has the toa advantages in the begining in an easier environment.

See the difference?

TOA + RR > none of it
Compared to RR > TOA > None of it.

RR when it is easy in opted group > TOA stuff > RR for casuals would make sure only casuals are motivated to do MLs, and so. Yes, it is bit late to think about it, since TOA is out, is free and everyone had a chance to do the raids easily. So no need to make it harder.

But the initial scenario and the changed difficulty scenario is different.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Ooops: A good explanation:

Why Bill Gates doesn't clean shoes of old ladies at a church when one can make money this way?
Because he can get money faster by doing what he does.

But cleaning the said shoes is a good option for the jobless, who can use every bit of money.

The same is True about RPs and MLs, etc. :) The problem with TOA was too high return on investment for both arties, MLs, etc. so it increased the gap and not reduced it, like it would do with proper balance :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Esselinithia said:
The same is True about RPs and MLs, etc. :) The problem with TOA was too high return on investment for both arties, MLs, etc. so it increased the gap and not reduced it, like it would do with proper balance :)

yes and thats why i want them toned down because making the encounters harder now isnt gonna happen or be of any use ;)

and yeah what u said in the above post is basiclly what i meant. havent had any sleep tonight so my brain is shutting down on me :(

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Changes to TOA wouldn't help.But checking these possibilities while doing any new expansion? That could help.

I would use something like rested bonus in WoW to help people with limited online time.

Would use a new xp system (to prevent PL) /something like what WoW has/

Would change /level to allow instant level 24, but no further advancement with that character and it should be available even without level 50s.

In the next expansion I would use a Guild Merit system, and such newbie friendly guilds, casual guilds would get a good amount of merit points. If you can allow instanced raids to be started using up such merit points... (You might make inviting high RR people to such encounters harder / more expensive) and give some new adventures for casual and PVE people, that can reduce the gap.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Uberlama said:
In every MMORPG the time you spend ingame the better your char will be, you get more abilities better equipment more money and so on.
Yes, that's a given. MMORPGs are about the journey, not some hypothetical 'end' - there's no end-of-game boss in any MMORPG. Although, with that said, I always wanted to take a screenie of Draco's corpse and add the arcade "GAME OVER, INSERT COIN" thing on top of it...
Daoc is the same, but unlike than other mmorpgs it's endgame is RvR
I've always been uncomfortable with people saying that - it infers that you were supposed to RvR and only RvR once you've hit the maximum level, which is simply not what the game was about. People who lived for RvR only always said it was, but it never was; at any given time, there were always more people in PvE than RvR. If people genuinely felt PvE was something you "had to do to RvR" that would imply that they really didn't want to be PvEing at all, and only did PvE with gritted teeth because they couldn't wait to get back out into RvR and PWN PWN PWN...if they - meaning players in general - found PvE that objectionable they would have gone to a game with no PvE at all. I think it's significant that the biggest MMOs out there have been pure-PvE or mainly-PvE. DAOC was never an 'RvR game', it was a game with RvR and PvE.
since u only pve as much as u need to cap your toon , then why would you keep slaying mobs when you can't get better equipment
Which is exactly what I mean. A lot more people enjoyed PvE for its own sake than most of the 'DAOC-is-an-RvR-game' crowd would admit. Many is the time I've been with raids that have said let's go kill (for example) Chimera and see if we can do it with this group...or whatever. Set yourself a challenge - and much of the stuff TOA brought to the table was challenging - and see if you can beat it. Lots of people enjoyed that, and enjoyed it more than what RvR turned into. Very often people would go and do some PvE to de-stress after RvR, because while they may have made some RPs, it sure as hell wasn't all that much fun a lot of the time. RvR ended up making more people grit their teeth, more of the time, than PvE.
In daoc pvp is the reason most player is still paying their subs
Another way of looking at that; that DAOC's subs are now so low because the state of RvR - and the attitudes rife within it - put off everyone else, and the 'DAOC-is-an-RvR-game' crowd are, for the most part, all that's left. Hell, my guild's pretty much moved to WoW (which, by the way, is significantly better than I thought it would be), mainly because DAOC just wasn't fun any more; RvR had become so alienating and un-fun that people just didn't want to subject themselves to it any more. Read the RvR forums and tell me that's a happy, healthy community and mindset you're seeing in there.
Ppl can whine much as they want but still daoc is the best pvp wise, there was always options to beat any grp setups, you just had to adapt and find new ways instead forcing the old setups.
Group setups...? What happened to RvR, then? The hijacking of RvR - the realm war that was the real premise of the game - and its being forced into this nonsensical '8v8' mentality killed the idea of RvR for many, many people. We didn't sign up for Quake Team Deathmatch, we signed up for a realm war; but anyone wanting to fight a realm war got ridiculed by the '8v8' crowd who just wanted maximum gank RPs per hour and didn't give a shit about the basic premise of the game itself.
It is true RAs are playing a great part in the game, and high (rr9-12) RR grps can't be killed by lowbie random grps. But considering the time they spent playing their toons to achieve this level , there must be some compensation, or else what would be the point?
The problem being that high RR groups ended up becoming so powerful that low RRs are the ones who went "what's the point?" and just gave up on RvR altogether. And then RvR just became a high-RR circle-jerk.
Ppl say they play only for the fun and then whine and log if they don't get above a certain level of rps over a period of time.
Yes, and the RP-horny '8v8' attitude is what fostered that. The opted-FG approach started to be visible not long before SI came out, and it started because people realised that an optimised FG of people was the most effective way to kill enemy groups and get those RPs; I am utterly convinced that if siege warfare had given more RPs than ganking enemy players, we'd have ended up being knee-deep in opted siege teams going "DAOC is a siege game!".
I admit, that lowering the effect of the RAs maybe, maybe would make it more balanced, but then what would be the point to achieve high rrs ?
You see, I thought the 'DAOC is an RvR game' people RvRed because it was fun, and for the 'honour' and the 'challenge', and all the other excuses the '8v8' crowd come up with.
You're right, of course - in the end, it's all about the RPs. The holy RPs. If there's one thing Mythic should have done, it was bias the RP rewards very heavily in favour of participating in the actual realm war - sieging, taking enemy keeps (and defending your own), denying the enemy territory, breaking their supply lines...doing things that actually mattered in the big picture. But when ganking one enemy player gets you more RPs than destroying a war ram, guess what people focus on doing? Even though the war ram was more important in terms of the siege as a whole, the RR1 grunt becomes a higher-priority target because killing that player is going to be what gets you the RPs.
And so people focused on their RPs-per-hour and forgot about the realm war.
And so the realm war turned into team deathmatch.
And that's brought us to where we are today.
The endgame has turned out to be pretty much the end of the game.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
And so people focused on their RPs-per-hour and forgot about the realm war.
And so the realm war turned into team deathmatch.
And that's brought us to where we are today.
The endgame has turned out to be pretty much the end of the game.

RVR was never designed to focus the game on PVP, in fact quite the opposite were true from the very begining. Most MMORPGs had a problem with PVP before DAOC and even new games have the same problem: PVP combat weakens the community. The hundreds or thousands of players you meet with, and should play with in the game can become rivals and won't become friends in any traditional PVP setup.

This is where RVR is made. It gives you a community (your realm) and makes sure you see your realm mates as a potential ally and friend not a rival.

This is why both PVP and Cooperative servers are less popular than normal servers: Because DAOC isn't a PVP game, and because the realms, and the common goals, the war helped to build a community. PVP and Cooperative had comparable success. If it would be about PVP it would be different. And Cooperative Server was added at a late time, and the "shared enemy" and shared goals that can make the community strong are missing from it.

While the core of the problem: We can't find our fun in PVE, even RVR is changed, and even RVR people face problems. This sense of community made groups in PVE, made you help out some low level fellow, made you stay logged in at late hour to help some player ding the big 50... It made you repair walls and chat while doing it, fight for the relic, add to the RvR.

Being leet and looking down on people instead of helping them (and Steveh and rest of AoD was quick to adopt this change, even towards people their guild recruited) was the first step to destroy the community.

Soon the fun in RVR was destroyed for many casual players, and while NF helped for a bit, it wasn't enough on the long run. PVE groups became harder to find, even if TOA forced groups and raids, it wasn't enough on the long run. Soon many people became rivals, who competed for the holy rp, to grow their e-peen. Sad little kids, who needed an ego boost.

With faster communication using third party tools (TS, Ventrillo), opted setup (locking others out of good groups), PLed fotm alts, etc. they pretty much tried their best to ruin the game for everyone else, just to grow their e-peen. And of course it is good to look down on other people, make personal attacks, just "ignore" instead of reasoning and find anything. They think they are better since they can win when they have some advantage.

Soon experience will be another advantage, and other little tricks, legal and illegal and they can be even bigger in their own eyes. Now these sad little kids brought a big change to the game. Instead of good community you find agressive, arrogant and ignorant "leet" people.

But this wasn't all. In RVR, soon you found out, that in sieges you won't get help and get farmed by some higher RR people. You also noticed that if you stay to repair, only a few low RRs will stay with you to bring wood, and guard. If you bring the requested siege equipment to the BG noone will take it from you, and you will die because of encumberance repeatedly. And the same destuctive high rr morons who ruin the game mock these people, etc.

The RVR would have a positive effect on PVE community, but due to these problems it is now a negative effect.

If we consider RVR important, we deal with an important hit to PVE community, if we consider RVR unimportant, we still lost many people from PVE community.

/level, powerleveling all had their respective shares of negative impact, and also easy availablity of most items, powers in PVE is another problem: Less and less motivation.

Nothing rewards wise, nothing community wise, less fun and less challenge... Also lack of good updates. Implementing classic servers, their hit on community, too much focus on making exisiting encounters easier prevented releasing new updates.

And you can get stuff VERY quickly in PVE, getting SOM, Malice or an artifact won't make you busy for a week, it will be done in hours. After a point, you have not much to do. And this slowed down the PVE community even more. Many PVE guilds vanished, many casual guilds vanished, and vanishing friends are a problem: they can drag more people with them. but luckily the same can be true for returning friends as well :p

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I say we bring more SHIT into game and make it more shit. :<

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
rofl, long time since I read that much crap :) Its so biased and narrow its unbelievable.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Uberlama: I know you are as clueless as steveh, and can do nothing but personal attacks. But maybe even some mentally disadvantaged (like you) can understand the basic facts:

RvR population only had minor change
DAOC population: MAJOR change

So the non RVR population is the core of the changes.

Got it?

YOu stay, they don't. Why? Because you find what you want in the game, and they don't. Why? Because what you want and what they want is DIFFERENT. Should I say it slower? D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T. So if you want to get them back think about what they want.

I know that you and some other leet people consider yourself omniscient, and think everyone wants the same things as you. But maybe if you find out this basic thing you should note: People who don't like RVR but like PVE groups judge the game by the PVE parts, and they loved the game for years. And such groups were and are the majority.

So "just as much as needed" of PVE is a false argument and ignoring the needs and wants of PVE people is what drives PVE people away. They want more PVE, more challenging PVE, more groups for PVE, more raids in PVE, etc. No not insta gankfest.

Ignoring their needs even more and focusing on the same kind of destructive morons in high RR groups even more will only kill the game real fast. Got it?

So IF you want to fix the game and the population problems, listen to PVE and Casual people for what they want. If they don't get it, they will find better games, if they find it there, they will attract many like mindend people.

For this your ideas of opted rvr as be all end all isn't important. What these people want from the game is important. And it isn't your RvR. Got it?

And you think due to more time spent in the game you are better? Sorry, but I will step on your little e-peen: People who know they play the game to have fun and not for points like you have a clue. And this makes them better players. Why? because they understand what the game is about, and how to keep many players happy. So with the time spent in the game, you didn't became a better player just more arrogant.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Esselinithia said:
Uberlama: I know you are as clueless as steveh, and can do nothing but personal attacks. But maybe even some mentally disadvantaged (like you) can understand the basic facts:

RvR population only had minor change
DAOC population: MAJOR change

So the non RVR population is the core of the changes.

Got it?

YOu stay, they don't. Why? Because you find what you want in the game, and they don't. Why? Because what you want and what they want is DIFFERENT. Should I say it slower? D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T. So if you want to get them back think about what they want.

I know that you and some other leet people consider yourself omniscient, and think everyone wants the same things as you. But maybe if you find out this basic thing you should note: People who don't like RVR but like PVE groups judge the game by the PVE parts, and they loved the game for years. And such groups were and are the majority.

So "just as much as needed" of PVE is a false argument and ignoring the needs and wants of PVE people is what drives PVE people away. They want more PVE, more challenging PVE, more groups for PVE, more raids in PVE, etc. No not insta gankfest.

Ignoring their needs even more and focusing on the same kind of destructive morons in high RR groups even more will only kill the game real fast. Got it?

So IF you want to fix the game and the population problems, listen to PVE and Casual people for what they want. If they don't get it, they will find better games, if they find it there, they will attract many like mindend people.

For this your ideas of opted rvr as be all end all isn't important. What these people want from the game is important. And it isn't your RvR. Got it?

And you think due to more time spent in the game you are better? Sorry, but I will step on your little e-peen: People who know they play the game to have fun and not for points like you have a clue. And this makes them better players. Why? because they understand what the game is about, and how to keep many players happy. So with the time spent in the game, you didn't became a better player just more arrogant.

You really are clueless idiot.

DoaC is distinguishable for one thing and one thing only - RvR. In mmorpgs it is quite unique to have such long standing community dedicated to RvR. As i have said a few times before - This game would have died out A LONG TIME AGO if it was not for the RvR content. There are countless mmorpgs were you can "pve" to your hearts content, I recommend you go play one asap, and save us from your pointless pve whine.

In my 3 years of daoc, my m8s have gone through, got the highest pve level, aquired oddles of the best equipment, basically done everything that can be done, in :: SW:G, CoH, WoW, Anarchy Online, Jumpgate & Legends of Mir. Thats quite a few games. Just face it - pve in ANY mmorpg eventually becomes repetative and boring. Doac RvR is the real end game, simply because very single night you rvr - you never really know whats going to happen - the unexpected is far more enjoyable than scripted pve were the predictability is GUARANTEED.

oh btw, AoD mid are all RR1 to 3 - watch them pwn much higher RR grps any week soon, oh sorry does that contradict your idea of leetness ? guess it does ! haha fuck off soon plze.

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
There is so many type of player. Noone can judge them .

If you want play and pay becouse you want have fun with your friends and find new friends and play agaisnt enemy realm players in any way then Daoc is your game

In every game you can find different type of players. somone play with quake in all day someone play warcraft somone play mmoprg-s .they are all want the same , having fun. And if i like a game and having fun in there there is noone who can kick me out from this. noone can kill this feeling. I play for myself not for other ppls. i can be selfish i can be better or not better .i can be a nice guy with others etc. its all about you how you want to play the game.

I like this game i having fun in it .Leet and casual players cant change my opinion about this game and i play till i having fun.
Players leave the game coz they not having fun in the game they dotn like it anymore . Not becouse they hate the leets or casuals.

( staying at the driver example )
i know a man who have a Ferrari he is a nice guy. i know a man who have a Trabant ( hope you know what is Trabant :) ) he is a nice guy. both playing the same game . driving.

Steveh

Fledgling Freddie
Essel is not your thread .its for everyone.
If ppls have D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T opinions then they can have it. You said ppls are different .
So i dont know what are you talking now. And whineing at Ubi or me.
If you cant accept other players then never play mmorpgs ever pls. better for everyone i think.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Steveh: Easy as this, you and the rest of AoD says, it is only about RVR, and if they *eliminate* much of PVE it will be better. Which isn't true, the moment you and your guildies accept the fact, other players, who don't want opted fg vs fg fights should have their fun, and to get them back to daoc you have to make sure they have their share of fun.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
80% of the people who left said that they left because PVE died, and they would want PVE back in game if they want to play.
About 10% said they have less fun as casual players.

About 3-4 morons from some old opted group guild claim they had not enough opted group rvr, and they know better than everyone. If you think you are omniscient, it is your way. I believe in what the now inactive people say, what the communities I played with say, when most of them are inactive. And you can believe in your omniscience... It just proves my point.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
you people are seriously putting me off bothering to come back here :/

Is it really that bad nowadays ?

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
One of these days Esselinithia will realise that his longwinded replies, overflowing with assumptions and "facts" based on earlier assumptions made by himself only serve to derail (like is happening now) threads rather then keep them constructive like he pretends he wants.

Can people please stop quoting his complete post... that kinda defies the point of having him on my ignore list :(

Sorry for the off topic :(. Carry on.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:
One of these days Esselinithia will realise that his longwinded replies, overflowing with assumptions and "facts" based on earlier assumptions made by himself only serve to derail (like is happening now) threads rather then keep them constructive like he pretends he wants.

Can people please stop quoting his complete post... that kinda defies the point of having him on my ignore list :(

Sorry for the off topic :(. Carry on.

Well I can't wait the day when he realises that ppl don't read his posts after a while. Like me , I was cba to read his long posts after I made my point since I didn't argue, he just wanna force his view to everyone else. Sad person, but hey as it is said : Zoo of the God is huge, though the fence is way too low :I or smt like that we used to say in hungarian :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Esselinithia, you seem to have some trouble accepting the fact that people do not share your opinion.

And 80% leave due to PvE being boring?

Come on, Most people who has left the game lately has left cause they outgrew the game.

Who can blame them? I've played DAoC for 4 years+ and I've witnessed how bad the game has been tuned down during the past years.

And finally, you're the one who started insulting Steveh and Uberalma by calling them morons.

Just get a grip.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall: sorry I don't want to quote your whole post , just gonna reply this way.

What I wrote there is my opininon of the game, what I wrote is stands for me and mostly those ppl I play with. I look at rvr as end-game, tho I like to pve , thats why I have about 15 lvl 50 chars.
Well fun pve for me was always connected to rvr. Such as toaing a char in record time with the smallest number of players possible. Like doing nearly every artifact with my best irl friend in duo, toaing each others chars so we can move on to rvr.
Sadly I have to agree on rvr community, most of them are well, I don't know the right word in english but for sure not what it used to be. But I still play it in my free time because there is none other better PvP mmo, and I didn't like wow , and most importantly I'm playing it with friends not random grps. Mostly :)
And again I can't argue, but it's as much the reward system's fault that holy-realm point effect does exist , as the players fault. I'm not that pessistic though, because setgrp rvr has been alive for years and the game still have players, of course I think as well that daoc is slowly walking to its death, but it will take some time, if I have to predict I would say warhammer will give the greatest shot into daocs life. But we will see, until then ppl either find fun in the game or quit since noone force them to play :)

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
remove /level from those acc's that have lvl50's on. most ppl know faster ways to level than newbies anyway.

for beginners: (those with lvl47 highest char on account)
/level 30 + armour-weapon WITH decent stats AND 200g or something. (and not something you have to run someplace to get)
Free waterbreath in pve-zones. (dont know if crafters will suffer from it tho, dont think so)

/my oppinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom