DAOC 2 !!! ITS COMING WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'll take out a £5000 loan tomorrow and back this puppy even further.
Are you being serious? You are willing to give that much money away on a game that might never launch?

Hidden

Loyal Freddie
I cannot believe that a couple people have paid $10,000!!!

Who would do that? What if, IF... the game turns out CRAP??

eksdee

FH is my second home
$10,000 isn't a lot of money to some people I guess. I read about Mario Balotelli spending around £50,000 on MS points to buy cards for Fifa Ultimate Team for example. That's what, 2-3 days work for him? :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I cannot believe that a couple people have paid $10,000!!!

Who would do that? What if, IF... the game turns out CRAP??

£10000 to someone who won say £34-50million on the euromillions? it's probably 2 days interest.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
$250 pledged, not that I'll have time to play the game even if it does get released!!

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
Pledged $180 for the Internal Testing, have been let down over and over by so many games but still, a chance like this don't come every day. And with Internal Testing i can at least have a chance to have some say in it.

Would be nice to have some more oldschool daocers in the internal testing, its limited though and 116 left as of now.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Backed!

FYI if we don't reach 2$ there will be no game and we will get the money back.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
The following video talks about the game engine involved, which will be developed in house by someone (and others) very experienced with this sort of thing. The rest of videos posted here will be either from their website or as an update to what is going on.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AGUd7VgzMMY

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-nYLt6NPihA

Now, this game seems more along the lines of a 2015 launch which is quite far away. For those looking for a PvP driven game with the holy-trinity class system we all love and enjoy, CU (Camelot Unchained) is looking like a place to be.

There are some key things that will either attract or deter players:

-RvR based. Limited PvE, to the point of it being considered siege only.

-No easily obtainable 'great' gear. Nothing is handed to you. If its good- it will take plenty of time and effort. The sensation of it actually feeling like a reward. Completely player driven... gear does not drop.

-Extended version of the Holy-Trinity system (Healer, Tank, DPS) with a few additions such as Hybrid and Crafter.

-Crafting can play a LARGE part of the RvR experience if that is a role you want to play in it.

-Potential of Guild and Player Housing anywhere in the game world.

-No Auction House. Players can set up their own in attempts at selling to other players.

-DRM FREE.

-Will be Subscription based, BUT expected to be cheaper than the current MMOs.

If you're looking for that DAoC experience from long ago with its own new twists, I think this is the game for us. There will be much more information released along the way, so please stay tuned or post something that hasn't been said!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Not backed it yet, but might later in the month/end of the kickstarter (when I get more money in start of May, most likely)

One thing I am currently waiting eagerly to know is how combat will run technically for melees.

Is it going to be WAR/WoW-esque timed abilities, which I personally find lacking

Or will it be DAoC style with auto-attack replacement styles triggered of conditions (behind target, infront of target, side of target, target evaded last attack, you evaded last attack, other attack style X landed, etc) which I found exceptionally fun

The timed abilities instead of combat styles, as I like to call the later, was really one of my number one complaints for most other MMORPGs I tried and ultimately lead to my current state of not playing any MMORPGs

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
That I heard, but doesn't really make me sure about what the answer to my question will be.

I guess DAoC-styles could be seen as GCD, as all melee attacks depended on your attack speed, and thus all shared this "Global cooldown", but when he mentioned "no global cooldown" in the video, he referenced WAR (and I think WoW maybe), not DAoC.

Also, even if GCD does not refer to DAoC-styles, then saying "no gcd" doesn't mean DAoC-styles, it could mean something else entirely.

For spells, it could mean that spellcasting would be as it is in DAoC, which is again awesome, chain casting the same spell or order of spells made sense, felt very intense and just gave a rush.

Tilda

GCD does mean global cool down. But Iceforge, the GCD allowed players to (for example) be meleeing, while also firing off spells, whilst using pots, whilst using an item and an ML ability. If you had enough fingers, you could do all of them within 0.5secs
Whereas in WOW or GW2 etc, with GCD, you could do one, then the next, then the next. Thats the difference GCD makes.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi

I meant GCD :), War had GCD Styles and spells, DAoC didn't you had to time your styles yourself and take note of how much Power/Endurence you had left. When A GCD is in effect on a Style/spell you can't use it.

I prefer the kind of buildups you could do i DAoC where a series of styles had to be prefomed after eachother.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
6,399 backers
$1,018,937 pledged of $2,000,000 goal
21 days to go

Make your pledge now! :)

CorNokZ

I won't pledge a game, which won't be released for another five years IF it ever does, when I am already playing the game that it is trying to mimick. By the time it is released I probably won't have time to play it anyway

Daoc is still fine. In b4 "LOL NO 8V8 ACTION AND ALL ZERGS!"

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I won't pledge a game, which won't be released for another five years IF it ever does, when I am already playing the game that it is trying to mimick. By the time it is released I probably won't have time to play it anyway

Daoc is still fine. In b4 "LOL NO 8V8 ACTION AND ALL ZERGS!"

In TWO years man, time rushed by fast... and 25$ for a game isn't much.

CorNokZ

In two years time I'll most likely have a newborn, be done with uni and been working for a year. Thanks, but no thanks

Cazedy

One of Freddy's beloved
New update in! Remember an old dungeon named DF? I thought so!

I didn't think i could get more excited about CU lol

MrBic

Part of the furniture
oh oh oh oh is all I hear! Still not very impressed.. needs moar pve! :p
Really feel like its gonna flop, and im not even sure its gonna make it out of the kickstarter!

Litmus

Resident Freddy
What if they don't raise enough money, do they refund everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom