DAOC 2 !!! ITS COMING WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Feel like this game might suck. Hopefully The elder scrolls online will be good

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
MJ is Michael Jordan when you are talking about basketball. On a daoc forum its Mark Jacobs..
26827d1337427141-meme-generator-but-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jpg

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's got more hope of being decent that anything by Mark (I killed DAOC) Jacobs

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's got more hope of being decent that anything by Mark (I killed DAOC) Jacobs
Skeptical would be the best stance to be fair, due to Mark (I also made DAOC) Jacobs being in charge.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So has the elder scrolls online in Matt Firor, but he didn't break anything :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Is there any game you are not pessmistic or sceptical about? :)
Plenty...but they are only good ones.

...and I as being positive about a game in the post you quoted :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just get on the freakin alpha/beta when it comes ffs and until then stfu and hope imo!

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
jjeeeeezzze i aint been on here for years and i just found out about CU so thought id pop on FH ! - fek me I hope they make it happen

Mehuge

One of Freddy's beloved
I am not sure this will get enough support to get going. If the kickstarter fails, the game won't be made. Its all about getting the word out and getting enough backers interested.

It does sound very interesting if your thing was RvR and your not a big PvE fan (no PvE at all). It's also going to be old-skool MMO with little or no hand holding. You know, quest text you actually had to read for clues, instead of clicking OK and following a marker. Crafting is also going to be a big part of the game. No mob drops means all gear is player crafted.

Sounds fantastic, if it ever gets off the ground.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Daoc was such a great game. After it died there was nothing out there that even got close to filling the void. The one thing the game developers dont understand is the players want a competative combat system and a rewards based system. Ulitma Online was the first MMRPG to get it right. Daoc kind of did it differently. It wasnt as dirty and fun as UO in its hey day. But daoc was very very cool in different ways. I think class balancing issues were a bit of a problem in daoc. As was the lack of a devised end game for solo players (instead of an improvised one that relied on players allowing others to finish their fights). apart from that it was a masterpiece. I tried WAR but found it very micky mouse. In terms of PVP it took the worst elements of daoc RVR and promoted them and made the best elements of DAOC rvr no longer possible. This news of DAOC 2. Its too early to say anything about it. Not sure if it will happen?

Himse

FH is my second home
Daoc was such a great game. After it died there was nothing out there that even got close to filling the void. The one thing the game developers dont understand is the players want a competative combat system and a rewards based system. Ulitma Online was the first MMRPG to get it right. Daoc kind of did it differently. It wasnt as dirty and fun as UO in its hey day. But daoc was very very cool in different ways. I think class balancing issues were a bit of a problem in daoc. As was the lack of a devised end game for solo players (instead of an improvised one that relied on players allowing others to finish their fights). apart from that it was a masterpiece. I tried WAR but found it very micky mouse. In terms of PVP it took the worst elements of daoc RVR and promoted them and made the best elements of DAOC rvr no longer possible. This news of DAOC 2. Its too early to say anything about it. Not sure if it will happen?

Agree, kind of, alright soloing is part of the game, but part of the 'fun' is the unpredictability of it all.
Putting a flag or something on to say you're solo and can't be attacked ruins the spirit of the game originally, ok people have different mentalities now, but the idea is you're at war in a roleplay sense.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, pant sniffers will be pant sniffers. Dodging wankers was all part of being solo.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'll take out a £5000 loan tomorrow and back this puppy even further.

Tilda

Did my $50, now so so wish I could afford to upgrade to internal tester. Would dearly love to do it, but thats a lot of cash to stump up :S

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Did my $50, now so so wish I could afford to upgrade to internal tester. Would dearly love to do it, but thats a lot of cash to stump up :S

I figured that myself but when I looked at how much I've wasted in the hunt for a great mass-PvP game to replace DAoC I figured that I've wasted that much already haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom