Fact ~Curiosity~ Mars landing 6 August

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Lamp, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Seriously awesome stuff, that landing.

3. cHodAX

cHodAX I am a FH squatter

Obama is a dick and a massive sellout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Just a black George Dubya.

5. Wazzerphuk

Wazzerphuk FH is my second home

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Shagrat

Shagrat I am a FH squatter

What an achievement, and the orbital photo where you can see it descending on the parachute is just humbling. I would love, before i die, to stand on another planet, or an artificial station in orbit above one, by sadly i think I'm going to shuffle off this mortal coil before its affordable for the likes of us peons :(

7. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

8. Gray

Gray FH is my second home

Nah in a few years when all the airlines are doing it, we will be able to book cheap as chips tickets with Ryanair.

You will obviously have to pay for the extra essentials, like Oxygen and access to toilets, but even still!

Or if you want a real thrill, just wait for India or Russia's versions, they should be super cheap.

9. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

10 years ago it was laughable that public could even get to space, now we got that. I wouldn't put an artificial public station out of the equation before you shuffle off Shaggy ;)

10. old.Tohtori

11. Tuthmes

Tuthmes FH is my second home

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tuthmes

13. Tuthmes

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. old.Tohtori

It would be fun if curiosity just happened to draw a face on mars :p

15. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

at least it wasn't sponsored by mcdonalds "OK Curiosity, this is Houston. You're good to start serving fries now!"

16. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Cyradix

Cyradix FH is my second home

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

19. old.Tohtori

Why does that sound disrespectful? No personal scouse vs toht thing, just that it does, even if you don't mean it like that :p

20. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

It's the sky crane that does it for me, genius.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

The crane was basically the viking lander system, they just made it seperate so the lander could move

22. Tuthmes

3 shots from the landed pieces and the navcam is up so 3 shots from those aswell!

674166main_pia15999-full_full.jpg 674179main_pia16000-full_full.jpg 674152main_pia15998-full_full.jpg 422200_371362106266528_430371620_n.jpg NLA_397681339EDR_F0020000AUT_04096M_.JPG NRA_397681339EDR_F0020000AUT_04096M_.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lamp

Lamp I am a FH squatter

I still find it bloody amazing (a) it landed without a scratch (b) all systems appear to be working. This isn't Watford. Its another bloody planet.

24. Tuthmes

• Like Like x 1
  25. Tuthmes

First coloured pictures tommorow although I've seen some already. Not sure if they are fake or not.

26. Tuthmes

27. Tuthmes

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  28. old.Tohtori

I'd like to see more then dirt though. It's nice dirt, mars dirt and all, but it could be from nevada from those photos :p

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  29. Tuthmes

If you look carefully you can see the 2 (or 4 in this case) burns of the rockets of the skycrane the lowered it. ie. its an 180% view. Anyways 3rd day, testing all kinds of stuff, its a slow car, give it some time before it starts to move and gets anywhere.

30. chipper

chipper Can't get enough of FH

see nasa did learn something from the moon landings they remembered to make scorch marks in the studio this time!! (just kidding) serious props to nasa for this i cant wait for some more pics its another world FS like wow