Cross realming

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
jiqnox said:
Ummm well after we saw the tree it took us 15 sec port sau port ren done :)

well you do move alot as a zerg so you have that talking for you all getting there together at same time:p

Zede

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
lol zede. I understand the conection you are trying to make with the tree, you can leave that now:p I still dont believe its possible to get to a place that fast even when the tree springs up...you werent with the hibs and didnt see the events from there side, so how can you even discuss this?? Im stating i believe something else was involved for the first albs that came there, if i really care i dont know tbh. I state my opinion about it and you state urs...end of m8:) I seen alb cups quite often as well....that doesnt give me a new spell with teleoprt in 0.1 second to nearest alb zerg.
So if you really wanna convince me for some reason give me a taped version timed exactly for a hib and an alb and i might start believing in ur version...until then just leave it as it is:p
eb.

>rubs eyes in disbelief< its so easy to work it out. 1) we saw the tree on /rw 2) we ran back to bolg. 3) we ported ren and buffed up outside keep.

id say less than 5 mins for whole journey

anyway,im gonna time exactly how long it takes to do the run we did and get to ren, and post it here :) yes im dedicated.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
>rubs eyes in disbelief< its so easy to work it out. 1) we saw the tree on /rw 2) we ran back to bolg. 3) we ported ren and buffed up outside keep.

id say less than 5 mins for whole journey

anyway,im gonna time exactly how long it takes to do the run we did and get to ren, and post it here :) yes im dedicated.

good i like seing people dedicated...to bad its not for a better cause:p
Im all ears though hehe:)

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
surprisingly the only thing wich worked on this night was the take back of Bolg tower.
Wich wasnt announced in the BG and only our GG know from,there was a lot of lightning at this tower.....and nobody came because all where in albland otw to Berk to be there bevore the BG arrives there.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe albs are just so much better then hibbies?
I mean even when we see a big albcup in hibland any regular night it still takes maybe 20 min before all the hibs are there to zerg.

But albs managed to come defend the keep before the wall was even below 90% ! I dont think there was time to fire trebs even 5 times! Not only a few at a time as you would think most night but more albs then I think I ever seen a friday night in a year ffs

MaCaBr3

Banned
Luz said:
I mean even when we see a big albcup in hibland any regular night it still takes maybe 20 min before all the hibs are there to zerg.

But albs managed to come defend the keep before the wall was even below 90% ! I dont think there was time to fire trebs even 5 times! Not only a few at a time as you would think most night but more albs then I think I ever seen a friday night in a year ffs

WAAW!

! ! ! !! !

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:

how long do you think it takes to get to Renaris ?

Alb had instant port in Hib and could port directly Renaris (it takes less than a minute) and the group i was in was in Midgard at that time when the alert went over /as and we suicided and port to Renaris.

next time try to cut port to Renaris (should give you more time to fire your Trebs)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Tiarta said:
how long do you think it takes to get to Renaris ?

Alb had instant port in Hib and could port directly Renaris (it takes less than a minute) and the group i was in was in Midgard at that time when the alert went over /as and we suicided and port to Renaris.

next time try to cut port to Renaris (should give you more time to fire your Trebs)

From the graveyard near crauch to get back to bolg and port to ren :

2 Minutes 8 Seconds. ( at caster speed)

Yes, it simply has to be X-Realming.

Hib paranoia is simply amazing !

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
From the graveyard near crauch to get back to bolg and port to ren :

2 Minutes 8 Seconds. ( at caster speed)

we were in Odins taking Nottmoor towers at the time when the alert showed over /as and we could see the Big shroom(s) - there was 1 shroom at Renaris 4 and Big one at Renaris main keep.

we decided to suicide on Nottmoor 3 and rebuff and port Renaris - when we got there you had gotten the wall down to around 90 % and there was approximately 3 other fg albs there.

even if we were in Odins and saw you on warmap and had to suicide on a tower (its slow suicide to suicide on a tower with a fg) and went to rebuff and ported Renaris the wall were still around 90 %.

Primetime with shitloads of albs out and not cutting port = shitloads of albs where BIG shrooms shows up

and you cant expect all albs to be at graveyard close to dc, some was prob at Bolg getting ready to run to Emain and others at Snowdonia rebuffing and getting ready to port.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Tiarta said:
there you had gotten the wall down to around 90 % and there was approximately 3 other fg albs there.
There where 2 FG already there when we got to the keep,simultan to our trebs where the pallis up:twak:

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Alexandrinus said:
There where 2 FG already there when we got to the keep,simultan to our trebs where the pallis up:twak:

maybe your BIG shroom showed up before you had time to set up Trebs and albs had time to port Renaris ?

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Zede said:

As has been said previously...

It is not really the renaris factor alone that made people think (although that seems to be getting a lot of the attention). Every time a new target was announced over the BG we seemed to find albs there waiting for us. At the times when a group went off and did something privately (with the BG leader being informed by pm or /gu) we were unopposed. I run in a fixed group on a Friday and have never seen 4/5 fully opted alb groups out. There also seem to be rumours of someone in the bg saying albs knew beforehand (although I admit to not seeing that myself).

Put those things together it is easy to see how a conclusion is drawn. It could all be one massive coincidence, no one has any proof and no one can say for sure one way or the other.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
It is not really the renaris factor alone that made people think (although that seems to be getting a lot of the attention). Every time a new target was announced over the BG we seemed to find albs there waiting for us. At the times when a group went off and did something privately (with the BG leader being informed by pm or /gu) we were unopposed. I run in a fixed group on a Friday and have never seen 4/5 fully opted alb groups out. There also seem to be rumours of someone in the bg saying albs knew beforehand (although I admit to not seeing that myself).

I sympathise as I've had a similar situation while running a BG but it is possible that it's mostly down to /rw. If you spot a tiny tree at an out of the way tower you will react much more slowly than if you see a large tree near a keep.

Personally, I saw the huge tree at Renaris on my 2nd PC but by the time I logged in a char and got to Renaris most Hibs were dead - but after that I was watching the ALb /rw much more closely and I don't imagine for a second I was the only one doing so.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Good try anyway, shame you got spotted on the /rw or that someone was xrealming, maybe mythic or goa should
do the IP watch instead of account watch, so on that IP you need to wait for 1 hour to logon an other realm.
(But that maybe bring problems to internetcafe's).

Myself had same experience about 1-1.5 week ago, when it was they way arround, we where hitting crauch to
open Hib relic when we got killed over and over again. Then lateron a fellow alb logged on and saying he
was that hib that took care of us and should stop taking relics. Didnt even know he had an char on Hib,
but he was stupid enough to pm that (did not report it but have the screenies for the next time when it
will happen).

So just be very carefull if you try to take a relic or just a keep, try to do it with 1 fg and do most
damage allready, and hibs will come then when you really need the help or when you on inner door start
spamming your /as and then just open a /BG.

When im online playing RVR i always have /RW Albion open on my BOT pc, and report all /shroom /hammers in
/AS when its spotted. Also when i log in rvr zone i port to hurb and renaris to check if the walls are still
100%.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Another thing I did with BGs was to start running them with passwords - doesn't stop the really dedicated cross-realmer as they can just ask for the password but it stops the person doing /BG who and finding it easily. Though some Albs do find it necessary to /br XXX had BG password XXXX becausely clearly the person with the BG doesn't know the /BG public command :p

With that I'd generally wait until flames appear on /rw then open BG to public as by that stage your targets are obvious.

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
Interesting ...

This is quite an interesting thread, and outside of the usual rhetoric, there are some good points made.

I am one of those who could be accused as being a cross realmer. I started on Alb Excal over four years, and Hib Pryd soon after. I had the luxury of picking two servers then on one account, so why not try different realms etc. it is, after all, just a game.

However clustering changed all that, and clustering was voted for by you, the paying public, so there is no-one to blame there. I can say however, hand on heart, that although I have been in the position where I could have influenced things, I never have.

As for Alb and Hib.

In Albion, the Herfolge Boldklub alliance for example, is full of RvR orientated guilds, and with Prydwen guilds now able to join, that is even more the case. I would estimate that there are 3 or 4 groups out in an evening from that alliance alone, and while I cannot say that cross realming did not happen, I would just think that the intelligence available in Alb is greater, and the response in numbers, due to alliances configuration, is also greater.

I play Hibernia quite a bit these days and I have found that Hibernia is very fragmented. A lot of the old RvR elite guilds no longer play that much, and many of the high RR guilds/groups roam around as opted groups.

Relics, and their taking or defence, is the part of the game which could be considered as role playing I guess, and some people choose to get 3 or 4 hours worth of realm points rather than help take/defend a relic. That is their choice, and I do not criticise anyone for that.

Perhaps given the situation Hibernia, and I would think the same applies to Midgard, players should look inwards and discuss how things could change to improve? Maybe fewer, more focussed, alliances may be the answer? Perhaps have one alliance of proven, or aspiring, RvR guilds may work?

I know that this would be quite an undertaking as there are proud old guilds and alliances out there.

It is possible however that I could be talking right out of my rear end! :kissit:

Regards

Ash

ambera

Loyal Freddie
Perhaps given the situation Hibernia, and I would think the same applies to Midgard, players should look inwards and discuss how things could change to improve? Maybe fewer, more focussed, alliances may be the answer? Perhaps have one alliance of proven, or aspiring, RvR guilds may work?

There is a discussion about this on prydwen.net atm - all hibbies welcome to participate ofc. (I'm not linking to it from here 'cos I don't want to attract alb/mid tourists :p)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Ashgen said:
This is quite an interesting thread, and outside of the usual rhetoric, there are some good points made.

I am one of those who could be accused as being a cross realmer. I started on Alb Excal over four years, and Hib Pryd soon after. I had the luxury of picking two servers then on one account, so why not try different realms etc. it is, after all, just a game.

However clustering changed all that, and clustering was voted for by you, the paying public, so there is no-one to blame there. I can say however, hand on heart, that although I have been in the position where I could have influenced things, I never have.

As for Alb and Hib.

In Albion, the Herfolge Boldklub alliance for example, is full of RvR orientated guilds, and with Prydwen guilds now able to join, that is even more the case. I would estimate that there are 3 or 4 groups out in an evening from that alliance alone, and while I cannot say that cross realming did not happen, I would just think that the intelligence available in Alb is greater, and the response in numbers, due to alliances configuration, is also greater.

I play Hibernia quite a bit these days and I have found that Hibernia is very fragmented. A lot of the old RvR elite guilds no longer play that much, and many of the high RR guilds/groups roam around as opted groups.

Relics, and their taking or defence, is the part of the game which could be considered as role playing I guess, and some people choose to get 3 or 4 hours worth of realm points rather than help take/defend a relic. That is their choice, and I do not criticise anyone for that.

I know that this would be quite an undertaking as there are proud old guilds and alliances out there.

It is possible however that I could be talking right out of my rear end! :kissit:

Regards

Ash

Now thats a positive post :) +1 rep :D

Martok

Part of the furniture
Ashgen said:
In Albion, the Herfolge Boldklub alliance for example, is full of RvR orientated guilds, and with Prydwen guilds now able to join, that is even more the case. I would estimate that there are 3 or 4 groups out in an evening from that alliance alone.

Great post to start off with and secoundly yes HB alliance does have alot of alb rvr guilds and alliance groups running pug / gg / set groups alot of the time and is a very active alliance thanks to the members within it.

I have found that when this alliance wish's to mobalise and get groups out we can with very minimal down time and to great effect. ofc i do not know what it is like in mid but in hib i have also found its hard to get a pug out with a chance vs's anything atm ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom