Cross realming

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
So you guys got owned an wantet someone to blaim????

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
There are as many faults with Hibs as are with Albs.
Sure, the response of the Albs was fast and furious - they didn't mess around except making a mess out of Hibs.
And if a realm has numbers as Albs have now it doesn't matter if you don't have healers in your group - enough rezzers are around to get you up after a death.

The main problem is that Hib cannot make many opted groups anymore - most players play stealthers, tanks and casters - having one semi-healer (bard or warden) in a PUG Hib group can be considered the best you can have.

Add to it the non-discipline (aka RP greed) of most players and the fact is that Hibs can do successful out-of-hours raids but nothing much during prime time.

And this just plain sucks when the majority of the players can't participate. It will kill this game way better than an imbalanced patch.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
All excuses aside and cut to the point, it was definitly not ordinary for all those albs turned up that fast and that collected, How and why i dont really care. Its not strange either..its more like pure luck nowadays with all the accounts people have if you pull off a raid without someone knowing. the sense of teamplay in daoc is allready long gone also. People dont play a realm anymore..they play a playstyle which means solo, fg or zerg it seems. the loyalties are spread out over all realms and 50% of the intended gameplay is gone in daoc.Many are on irc and tell eachother that way...
Also why wouldnt a leet kid with the oportunity take the chance to spoil for a zerg if he can...its like a big bowl of candy right in front of him, its not easy keepin those greasy fingers out of there tbh:p
eb.

the how and all that crap is called alliance chat and /rw if ur blind u cant see the cause of ur failure and as for the playstyle i believe that people was always playing like that and always will be but now they chatting about it while before cluster etc they didnt they was just playing alb / mid / hib
and nothing more today's daoc is more communicative from what i believe it should be you just see the difrence when you chat about it and not so much when u play like it .

Martok

Part of the furniture
hibs failed albs zergs you didnt cut port ofc there will be a quick responce im not gonna qq or moan at either side so do not take this post as an attack on either side.

i play both realms, hibs can organise very well and do alot of dmg but yes they do lack healers lots of dps no healing support. alb on the other hand has had a large infulx of healers and a decrease in dps lately.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
>.< Pooned said:
hibs gone for the mid relics?

you guys never learn dont u?

we havent touch ur relics dont try anything stupid or u loose urs too...

simple as that

and as for xrealming /rw is ur friend i even saw the big hib tree but i didnt bother while i was on my stealther :p

it seems that other albs took care of that matter :p

U didn't realized yet that if we got em they would have dropped in front of Svasud? -.-

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
the how and all that crap is called alliance chat and /rw if ur blind u cant see the cause of ur failure and as for the playstyle i believe that people was always playing like that and always will be but now they chatting about it while before cluster etc they didnt they was just playing alb / mid / hib
and nothing more today's daoc is more communicative from what i believe it should be you just see the difrence when you chat about it and not so much when u play like it .

No the naswer wasnt lw or allience chat...i been around long enough to know if its that simple or not:) I guess you belong to the side that like this way of gaming then:)?
And no..it wasnt always like this. Just a few played like this years ago( crosrealming and switching sides a lot) But sure its been like this for a long while.
Anyhow..enjoy the current state of gaming as you like it.
eb.

Mnexxiz

Fledgling Freddie
Unleashed said:
Loose is actually spelt lose mkay.
:m00:
Well, maybe you should go and take a grammer lesson.
It's loose - lose (as in past) - lost (past perfect)
:m00:

And the last time I checked Hibs still had their relics ;)

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
>.< Pooned said:
hibs gone for the mid relics?

you guys never learn dont u?

we havent touch ur relics dont try anything stupid or u loose urs too...

simple as that

and as for xrealming /rw is ur friend i even saw the big hib tree but i didnt bother while i was on my stealther :p

it seems that other albs took care of that matter :p

Hhmm nice to be threatened by someone playing freeshards - or is your sig wrong :confused:

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe...would have loved seeing my own face...

Gahn said:
U didn't realized yet that if we got em they would have dropped in front of Svasud? -.-

Hehe...would have loved seeing my own face if I by pure chance would have been making a Brynja run and 2 fgs of hibs come charging me...fear...runaway...mess...break mess...I start nuking...1 of the hibs goes down...hmm...apparently no healing from the zerg...strange...WHAAAAT a relic on the ground !????!!!...Hibs waving and leaving with a smile...while Im standing there with my jaw down to my knees!:) (hmm...I might have to pull myself out of that first chock though or a pesky little infil/scout/minstral just could ruin my fun by stealing the shiny little thing infront of my eyes!:) Damn that would have been the single most fun thing in my days in Daoc!

Please, please, pretty please with suger on top. If you actually get a hold of one of our relics and plan on dropping it on mid doorstep...look me up...I wanna see that!:)

/Charmangle

Tasmin

Fledgling Freddie
My issue with last night is not the fact that the albs managed to gather a massive force to defend against our attack, thats to be commended. No the problem I have is that whenever a target got anounced in the /BG, several groups of albs just happened to be there before us with more arriving afterwards.

The only real successes were from the group I was in and a few other groups that hit other locations without anouncing in the BG. As an example, the BG went to albland...we went and took a couple of towers in hib to close the alb port....unapposed...The Bg went to hib, we went to albland to take towers unapposed.... This happened time and time again. Wherever the BG anounced it was going, albs were waiting with more on route. Wherever towers were taken unanounced in the BG, even strategic ones, there was no opposition.

All of this suggests a cross realming spy in the BG. Not sure anything can be done about it and I guess in real life there are spies around. Just anoying, whoever you are, enjoy the fame and cudos this has brought you with the albs. If we hibs ever find out who it was, you will find your hib life a solo one.

Tas

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Tasmin said:
My issue with last night is not the fact that the albs managed to gather a massive force to defend against our attack, thats to be commended. No the problem I have is that whenever a target got anounced in the /BG, several groups of albs just happened to be there before us with more arriving afterwards.

The only real successes were from the group I was in and a few other groups that hit other locations without anouncing in the BG. As an example, the BG went to albland...we went and took a couple of towers in hib to close the alb port....unapposed...The Bg went to hib, we went to albland to take towers unapposed.... This happened time and time again. Wherever the BG anounced it was going, albs were waiting with more on route. Wherever towers were taken unanounced in the BG, even strategic ones, there was no opposition.

All of this suggests a cross realming spy in the BG. Not sure anything can be done about it and I guess in real life there are spies around. Just anoying, whoever you are, enjoy the fame and cudos this has brought you with the albs. If we hibs ever find out who it was, you will find your hib life a solo one.

Tas

There might be some who uses ts/ventrilo/iirc that spread that kind of info around, that is ofc not fun at all, that info should be kept a secret. Unfortunately there's always someone who shares that kind of info over any of those mentioned medias and thus resulting in ruining the fun for the rest.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Tasmin said:

Tas

Exactly the point Tas, we had more success when 1 or 2 groups acted independently outside the BG, for example bolg t3 & bolg t4 fell within a few minutes but when the BG moved to bolg t1 it was zerged made me wonder.... and that happened several times

Golena said:
I'm not going to say it's easy, but if people want to attack albion they are going to need to be slightly more creative than they are being at the moment. It's just too easy to see what the enemy is going to do next. I actually can't remember the last time I was out in the frontier and said to myself, that was clever. If you want to pull off a relic raid on alb, start by getting insta port there.. if nothing else it will probably get some of the PvE'ers out to help you. Taking keeps isn't that hard if your well organised and most importantly stop the zerg from getting to you.. zergs tend to arrive at a location solo, A FG stealthers camping the inc route would probably remove half the alb numbers straight off, yet everytime something's been seiged recently i've had zero trouble running the first 90% of the way there.

and wtf are u, the only way albs seem to be able to get a relic is to alarm clock raid it... ohh how imaginative is that

and can some alb tell me how far is renaris from ur border keep (castle sauvage)... hmm about 30secs run

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
Hhmm nice to be threatened by someone playing freeshards - or is your sig wrong :confused:

nah i play 3 days now but the following weeks are gonna be hard to play ^^

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Someone must've been stupid enough to kill some guards, as several people in my group noticed two big trees on the warmap, after which we came over to beat up some hippies :d
I really doubt it was crossrealming, as it would've been totally unnecisarry, as anyone checking his map would've noticed without being warned.

hmm trees/cups etc come up when guards see enemy realm players, dont need kill any.

someone say hib is playing atm stealthers, guess its same situation atm in mids too.
hard to make pug what last 30min longer when theres several alb fg running around in small area, even 3fg.
counted in 1 minute near DC 3fg+ albs running close each other, wiping everything in sight.

dont blame albs this situation, its just alott small stuff what have come up.
wizard changes, cleric love, sorc, paladin celerity, in end alb can now build up groups what in good hands overun everything, is it magic or melee one.

one peep told me numbers, there was morning 150 mids and over 250 albs online, dunno hibs number but what seen earlier they are usually between.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Tasmin said:

Tas

This is an absolute fact. If the Albs had of been using in game things like the realm map how come we were able to take 2 towers without so much as a soloer near us? Seriously stop making excuses this whole thing stinks. You guys can outnumber any other realm and you owed most of your success last night to information coming from a very odd source. Just face it.

As for us. We will probably be back but things will change for the future. Was a depressing day for this server and if I was an Alb I would be ashamed instead of coming on here to QQ...

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
This is an absolute fact. If the Albs had of been using in game things like the realm map how come we were able to take 2 towers without so much as a soloer near us? Seriously stop making excuses this whole thing stinks. You guys can outnumber any other realm and you owed most of your success last night to information coming from a very odd source. Just face it.

As for us. We will probably be back but things will change for the future. Was a depressing day for this server and if I was an Alb I would be ashamed instead of coming on here to QQ...

surs towers and berk is the same as relic keep towers? hahahahahahaha
no seriously HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

personally im not a roleplayer more rp horny i could say and i wont go for 1 single era surs berk tower but things changes in relic keep towers its simple logic

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:

hmmm.... isn't it a hib that's whining?

I thought so anyways. Might be wrong thou.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Stupid, Whining hibs.

FACT : there was AT LEAST 5fg of albs running around as a fg last night in hib, and very very few enemy FGs roaming.

For 2 hours our grp roamed hib, went the bridges occasionally - and zerged or got zerged.

Now stupid hibs....imagine 5 fg of opted grps of albs running around south of crouch, and wohoo a big tree appears at Ren. It takes 2 minutes to get back to bolg and port to Ren.

Im a genius it would seem, hibs cannot seem to work out these basic facts.

X-realming my arse, just bored albs looking for ANY action.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Sharkith said:

you are off your tits.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Stupid, Whining hibs.

FACT : there was AT LEAST 5fg of albs running around as a fg last night in hib, and very very few enemy FGs roaming.

For 2 hours our grp roamed hib, went the bridges occasionally - and zerged or got zerged.

Now stupid hibs....imagine 5 fg of opted grps of albs running around south of crouch, and wohoo a big tree appears at Ren. It takes 2 minutes to get back to bolg and port to Ren.

Im a genius it would seem, hibs cannot seem to work out these basic facts.

X-realming my arse, just bored albs looking for ANY action.

yes we are all stupid imbecills and err...also retards may i add...can i also throw in noobs....and..errr..fucktards:p?
How can you ever believe that people comunicate with the other realms...its hard and technicaly impossible almost!:p And i dont think it happend many times before either!!
OH weee for us hibs that can ever sugest crossrealming as a factor!!! Ow wheee...

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Are you saying albs *don't* use the RW map? Keep in mind it only takes one person to see it when porting etc and tell their alliance, which is what happened as far as I can tell.

Zede

Part of the furniture
ebenezer said:
yes we are all stupid imbecills and err...also retards may i add...can i also throw in noobs....and..errr..fucktards:p?
How can you ever believe that people comunicate with the other realms...its hard and technicaly impossible almost!:p And i dont think it happend many times before either!!
OH weee for us hibs that can ever sugest crossrealming as a factor!!! Ow wheee...

who needs x realming when u got a hib bg full of noobs/fucktards who cannot figure out its a good idea to take a tower to stop the multiple alb grps just porting into ren.

so using /rw is x reaming now ?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
idiots!

hibs don't zerg, so you could NOT have seen a big tree!

Then, if you really wanne do a relicraid...

try this:

Send only the leaders of the guilds (well known guilds, not the first random group you see) a msg.
Let them only msg the members of their 1st GG!!!

Then 3fg is enough;).

2fg+ hib adds who will come eventually at keep. and 1fg hibs who roam sauv/snowdownia to kill all inc..

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
I had 2 options.

Is it a Miracle Grow in the Forests of Albion...

Or!!

Is it indeed a Hib Tree near the Relic keep!

i think you went for option 1, knowing you

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Void959 said:
Are you saying albs *don't* use the RW map? Keep in mind it only takes one person to see it when porting etc and tell their alliance, which is what happened as far as I can tell.

No what I am saying is that they were using more than the RW map. We had someone in our BG tell us that the raid was discussed by Albs during the week running up to Friday night. Its one of those things and something that is actually new to me so excuse me for feeling a bit indignant. Look nobody minds it if we get ganked at least we tried what matters is when we know for a fact Albs had advance notice of the attempt and some very suspicious activity during the night.

As for you Zede when was the last time Albs had 5 FG opted roaming on a Friday night?

I have played virtually every Friday night since before Christmas and we were lucky to see 2 FG of 'opted' Albs. Unless of course your referring to the iRvR superhighway crew....

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
dont blame albs this situation, its just alott small stuff what have come up.
wizard changes, cleric love, sorc, paladin celerity, in end alb can now build up groups what in good hands overun everything, is it magic or melee one.

i know i'm not the best judge of this but i'm pretty sure all realms can do this.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
No what I am saying is that they were using more than the RW map. We had someone in our BG tell us that the raid was discussed by Albs during the week running up to Friday night. Its one of those things and something that is actually new to me so excuse me for feeling a bit indignant. Look nobody minds it if we get ganked at least we tried what matters is when we know for a fact Albs had advance notice of the attempt and some very suspicious activity during the night.

As for you Zede when was the last time Albs had 5 FG opted roaming on a Friday night?

I have played virtually every Friday night since before Christmas and we were lucky to see 2 FG of 'opted' Albs. Unless of course your referring to the iRvR superhighway crew....

well, if there was faul play involved i think it's a real shame. just can't think why anyone would do that :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom