Cross realming

TrezDK

Fledgling Freddie
Today I witnessed something I can only call childish, patethic, plain stupid and ofc game ruiner.

We, hibs, decided we wanted to go to albland and try and take the mid relic at Ren. We had plenty of trebs, rams and we were about 5-6 FG.

When we arrived at Ren we set up trebs, as soon as the first treb was up there was a palli up at keep and a minute later plenty of albs to zerg us.

This event was made rather secretly because we experienced cross realmers before, so when was told yesterday late evening and where not until the BG was ready to run.

The amount of albs waiting at us can only mean one thing, someone in the BG was cross realming. This is rather sad that the only way albs can get rps is to cheat, and yes it is cheating according to Mythic and GOA.

And the albs using the knowledge is even more sad, instead you should tell the ppl cross realming they should go BEEP themselves instead of ruining the game.

Might even be a real good idea to hand them over to GOA because I doubt it will be the last time they do something like this.

Therefore plz try and play just a little bit fair and stop listing/using cross realm knowledege.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Oh yes, it's one alb who crossrealmed, let's call everyone a cheater and we're all so pathetic and it's the only way we can get rps!

You sir, have a very narrow view.

If you haven't noticed, it's not only "albs" (as you so nicely put it) who crossrealm.

This has been happening for years in every single realm in this game.

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
you were spotted on the warmap (/rw)

BIG hib tree

Hihanauha

Fledgling Freddie
So there was someone on HIBwho told albion that HIBz are going to relic raid so in my eyes that HIB was da bad xiiter not da albs m8 you are blaming wrong ppl.

Actually I think it was you who told albs, damn traitor L2P this game instead of whining about how bad player you are. :puke:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Hihanauha said:
So there was someone on HIBwho told albion that HIBz are going to relic raid so in my eyes that HIB was da bad xiiter not da albs m8 you are blaming wrong ppl.

Actually I think it was you who told albs, damn traitor L2P this game instead of whining about how bad player you are. :puke:

Erm, that didn't make sense at all.

First of all, a crossrealmer is someone who delivers information (as an example) from one realm (ie. an event like a relic raid) to another realm.

It might have been a alb who had an hib character who joined, or it just might be a hib who wanted to fuck you over, though I doubt that.

Thing is that it's not only albs who's doing this shit, it's happening on all servers and ALL realms.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
I had 2 options.

Is it a Miracle Grow in the Forests of Albion...

Or!!

Is it indeed a Hib Tree near the Relic keep!

BlackrazoR

Fledgling Freddie
Our alliance had 3-4fgs out at the time and someone said BIG HIB TREE AT REN - at which point all those groups went to Renaris and pwned you, along with anyone else who had been paying attention to the /rw.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i must say i do feel sorry for the hibs. saw 2 big trees on my warmap but they must have been run over by 4 big albion cups :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
i must say i do feel sorry for the hibs. saw 2 big trees on my warmap but they must have been run over by 4 big albion cups :)
I feel slightly sorry for the hibs every time they start a keeptake in alb recently because I know just how quickly they'll be numbered and zerged down. However there's not many other options than moving there since all the action will quickly gravitate to it.

X

xGenocidex

Aye... the huge green tree does some what give away the fact theres alot of hibs outside of a relic keep :p but then again it might have been xrealming.. who knows noway but the magical tree on the /rw can tell for sure :eek:

rure

Fledgling Freddie
AC raid and you wont get spotted by as many. :p

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
The warmap is the cheatzors then, built in tool if you know how to use it. :p

islef

Loyal Freddie
I just think albs in the name of fairplay should give us mids our relics back.

It is fun that any realm with an overtake in the relic war can suddenly field amazingly superiour numbers.. nerf rp tourists!!

Seems mids have to ninja back our relics during the night at some point, but doubt we will even succeed in that tbh ;)

martenz

Fledgling Freddie
TrezDK said:
Today I witnessed something I can only call childish, patethic, plain stupid and ofc game ruiner.

We, hibs, decided we wanted to go to albland and try and take the mid relic at Ren. We had plenty of trebs, rams and we were about 5-6 FG.

When we arrived at Ren we set up trebs, as soon as the first treb was up there was a palli up at keep and a minute later plenty of albs to zerg us.

This event was made rather secretly because we experienced cross realmers before, so when was told yesterday late evening and where not until the BG was ready to run.

The amount of albs waiting at us can only mean one thing, someone in the BG was cross realming. This is rather sad that the only way albs can get rps is to cheat, and yes it is cheating according to Mythic and GOA.

And the albs using the knowledge is even more sad, instead you should tell the ppl cross realming they should go BEEP themselves instead of ruining the game.

Might even be a real good idea to hand them over to GOA because I doubt it will be the last time they do something like this.

Therefore plz try and play just a little bit fair and stop listing/using cross realm knowledege.

ID rather be a crossrealmer than a crossdresser. I saw you in emain wearing womens clothes the other day.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Someone must've been stupid enough to kill some guards, as several people in my group noticed two big trees on the warmap, after which we came over to beat up some hippies :d
I really doubt it was crossrealming, as it would've been totally unnecisarry, as anyone checking his map would've noticed without being warned.

Zede

Part of the furniture
hint to stupid hibs :

take a tower first to stop insta port.

And resorting the mess that is "to steep to climbsville" were u set up the treb forest is a bit lame :m00:

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Someone must've been stupid enough to kill some guards, as several people in my group noticed two big trees on the warmap, after which we came over to beat up some hippies :d
I really doubt it was crossrealming, as it would've been totally unnecisarry, as anyone checking his map would've noticed without being warned.

The first time at Rens was not a problem Straef there would have been no way to take the tower because just as the triebs went up the Albs appeared in big numbers to stop anyone getting to the Tower. Fair play to them for such a fast response. There would have been a massive Broccolli on the map there is no doubt about that and to be honest no-one thought anything of it. What happened after that was much more suspicious, everytime we went for a keep there where Albs close by for example we went to Berks and wow look someone on the walls.... and at the end of the night at Beno but then again you would have had port there and it is no surprise there was a fast response there too..

It did seem very very suspicious and we had someone in our BG stating for a fact that had heard something was planned when he was on his Alb character earlier in the week, that kind of gave the game away. The Albs did know about this as far as we can work out after that it was simply a case of having enough people online which we know they can do with their special in game function called 'dial-a-zerg'. Apart from that if there are to be any future raids they will be different and the sad thing is everyone will not be able to participate because they will have to be arranged in an alternative way.

Most of us logged convinced that the game is over in New Frontiers on this server. If you cannot arrange a raid in the spirit of the game without people blabbing about it to the other realm then what is the point of trying to play it at all? Better to hop into a FG and let the so called point of the game go to fuck...

So its ok saying people feel sorry and this and that. It is easy to be patronising when the numbers are so unbalanced resorting to blabbing too kind of makes one feel a bit sick. We know it happened. After that though I doubt that we can say there was a spy Trez. All the Albs had to do was be online in numbers which they where - more so than any other Friday night recently which does make you wonder.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Trying to zerg an alb keep is just stupid.. whever your relic raid leader was should be sacked.

Yes, it must definately have 100% of been an x-realmer.. there's no chance at all that someone doing an assassin mission just happened to poke his head out of the keep and see 6fg's of hibs there..
There's plenty of ways you could of been spotted, stop blaming others for your lack of planning imo.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Most of us logged convinced that the game is over in New Frontiers on this server. If you cannot arrange a raid in the spirit of the game without people blabbing about it to the other realm then what is the point of trying to play it at all?

This has been happening since the very first OF relic raids. If this is what makes you think it's over then it's been over for years. Arrange raids with a few people that you trust who handle sorting out the seige you need, then recruit your zerg 20 mins before the event.

Sharkith said:
All the Albs had to do was be online in numbers which they where - more so than any other Friday night recently which does make you wonder.

What you'll notice happening is that when 4fg's turn up at the relic keep, not only do all the albs appear in one place, which makes them look like a lot more than when they are spread out over the frontier, but also another 30 who were PvE'ing port out to leech some easy RP's.
in OF you'd see 20 mids online, then you'd go zerg some of their keeps and 100 would turn up to defend it.. nothing new here either.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
Trying to zerg an alb keep is just stupid.. whever your relic raid leader was should be sacked.

Yes, it must definately have 100% of been an x-realmer.. there's no chance at all that someone doing an assassin mission just happened to poke his head out of the keep and see 6fg's of hibs there..
There's plenty of ways you could of been spotted, stop blaming others for your lack of planning imo.

read my post again and after that remove your head from your ass and think again. I did not say we had a spy I simply said Albs knew of this raid in advance. After that even when we had one of the towers (Berks) we simply were outnumbered 2:1 - you work out the odds dear.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
read my post again and after that remove your head from your ass and think again. I did not say we had a spy I simply said Albs knew of this raid in advance.

You didn't say we had a spy.. but then my comments were aimed more at this statement.

TresDK said:
The amount of albs waiting at us can only mean one thing, someone in the BG was cross realming.

Sharkith said:
After that even when we had one of the towers (Berks) we simply were outnumbered 2:1 - you work out the odds dear.

Being outnumbered 2:1 isn't easy your right. But it's been done plenty of times in the past. At least half the people there were probably either solo, or in groups without healers, so if your groups are properly set up you have an advantage already. You also get partly to choose where the fights happen, I very much doubt that all 2 times your numbers turned up at the same time. NF is all about strategy if your on the side with lower numbers, if you attack something next to an enemy port your going to get zerged.

I'm not going to say it's easy, but if people want to attack albion they are going to need to be slightly more creative than they are being at the moment. It's just too easy to see what the enemy is going to do next. I actually can't remember the last time I was out in the frontier and said to myself, that was clever. If you want to pull off a relic raid on alb, start by getting insta port there.. if nothing else it will probably get some of the PvE'ers out to help you. Taking keeps isn't that hard if your well organised and most importantly stop the zerg from getting to you.. zergs tend to arrive at a location solo, A FG stealthers camping the inc route would probably remove half the alb numbers straight off, yet everytime something's been seiged recently i've had zero trouble running the first 90% of the way there.

pip

Banned
No prove of cross-realming in this thread:( if they got instant portal no prob to get there now days in this game you can almost port all over:eek7: + don't kill guards till flames are up:)

Ps but shit happens they must make it like 1 week to wait to switch toons not 1hr:twak:

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
hibs gone for the mid relics?

you guys never learn dont u?

we havent touch ur relics dont try anything stupid or u loose urs too...

simple as that

and as for xrealming /rw is ur friend i even saw the big hib tree but i didnt bother while i was on my stealther :p

it seems that other albs took care of that matter :p

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
hibs gone for the mid relics?

you guys never learn dont u?

we havent touch ur relics dont try anything stupid or u loose urs too...

simple as that

and as for xrealming /rw is ur friend i even saw the big hib tree but i didnt bother while i was on my stealther :p

it seems that other albs took care of that matter :p

Haven't you been trying to get Hib relics in the last few weeks?

And basically you failed.

Keep trying losers.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Was good on the Hibs for trying.... shame Alb wankers with there huge population advanatge only take them at 5am with a fecking zerg....

I've never seen albs do a planned raid for years....

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Unleashed said:

Keep trying losers.

ye 1 fg was trying ?

we never make a bg to get em lol u think its so hard with ur numbers? even in prime time? :)

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Nice try hibs! Hope you make it next time...

Unleashed said:
Keep trying losers.

Nice try hibs! Hope you make it next time...

But...one thing.
When Albs are steamrolling Mid frontier and taking half of Mid and his aunt. Hibs go for Mids too. Even though they know Mids are outnumbers and outgunned. Why is that ?:/ (Last example was when Albs had Nott, broken port to Glen and Bled. Hibs go for Blend. Later...Alb go to break port to Bled, at the same time Hib see their chance and go Break port to Glen)

Im just wondering why Hibs in that situation, when they just have to know its gonna be an impossible situation for Mids, dont just go do what they are doing now ? Hit Alb frontier to draw the Albs back from Mid so it wount be so easy for the overpopulated realm to take the relics in the first place?

Exactly what we are seeing Mids doing now. When Albs take 2 keeps + towers in Hib...Mid go break Alb port by taking one of those towers. And/or they go towerhumping in Albland...(ofc there is the odd dissident, that go and be pesky too, but in general Mids seem to try and help the underdog not kick on the one lying down)

Is it because Hibs/Albs have a hard time seeing how weak Mid is atm ? (serious question here, its probably hard to see how strong a realm really is when you are not able to log on and try them out). Or is it just that Hibs generally dislike Mids more than Albs ? Or is Albs just harder to face and not as RP friendly ?

/Charmangle

mindtwist

Fledgling Freddie
Unleashed said:

Keep trying losers.

If we will try u loose them and then hibbies will cry ://

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
You didn't say we had a spy.. but then my comments were aimed more at this statement.

Being outnumbered 2:1 isn't easy your right. But it's been done plenty of times in the past. At least half the people there were probably either solo, or in groups without healers, so if your groups are properly set up you have an advantage already. You also get partly to choose where the fights happen, I very much doubt that all 2 times your numbers turned up at the same time. NF is all about strategy if your on the side with lower numbers, if you attack something next to an enemy port your going to get zerged.

I'm not going to say it's easy, but if people want to attack albion they are going to need to be slightly more creative than they are being at the moment. It's just too easy to see what the enemy is going to do next. I actually can't remember the last time I was out in the frontier and said to myself, that was clever. If you want to pull off a relic raid on alb, start by getting insta port there.. if nothing else it will probably get some of the PvE'ers out to help you. Taking keeps isn't that hard if your well organised and most importantly stop the zerg from getting to you.. zergs tend to arrive at a location solo, A FG stealthers camping the inc route would probably remove half the alb numbers straight off, yet everytime something's been seiged recently i've had zero trouble running the first 90% of the way there.

All excuses aside and cut to the point, it was definitly not ordinary for all those albs turned up that fast and that collected, How and why i dont really care. Its not strange either..its more like pure luck nowadays with all the accounts people have if you pull off a raid without someone knowing. the sense of teamplay in daoc is allready long gone also. People dont play a realm anymore..they play a playstyle which means solo, fg or zerg it seems. the loyalties are spread out over all realms and 50% of the intended gameplay is gone in daoc.Many are on irc and tell eachother that way...
Also why wouldnt a leet kid with the oportunity take the chance to spoil for a zerg if he can...its like a big bowl of candy right in front of him, its not easy keepin those greasy fingers out of there tbh:p
eb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom