Couldn't have said it better myself...

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with some of what he says, and the game does sometimes feel as though it lacks depth, but wow has had years to get to where it is now and hopefully war will do nothing but improve over the coming months.

I do enjoy war and I deffo wont be going back to wow, but I do hope they add more to it, somethings seem unfinished, and other areas seem rushed. I am looking forward to more armour sets with stats that actually are useful to my class, because it is a bit boring running around in armour that looks the same as lvl 10 armour.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I read the blog and personally don't feel as though there is that big of an issue in areas he mentioned.

Sounded like he wasn't getting enough protection and or recognition when healing. I'm afraid that's because the game has been out less than a month and people still don't know how to play it.

The PUG's intelligence will improve over time, and if you can't wait that long then simply find a guild and get proper protection from day one.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
Just to let you all know.... I'm staying in WAR.

:kissit:

Word.

Played some scenarios last night with my guild. Only 6 of us, but we had some amazing fun. This has been true for most of the evenings I've played this game since launch day. Ok, this game has its issues, and theres bugs and stuff that doesn't work, but it still kicks the arse of just about every group based PvP game I've ever played, not just MMO's.
And it's going to get better when they fix the problems, so I for one am happy to give Mythic the benefit of what little doubt there is and stick around.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Word.

Played some scenarios last night with my guild. Only 6 of us, but we had some amazing fun. This has been true for most of the evenings I've played this game since launch day. Ok, this game has its issues, and theres bugs and stuff that doesn't work, but it still kicks the arse of just about every group based PvP game I've ever played, not just MMO's.
And it's going to get better when they fix the problems, so I for one am happy to give Mythic the benefit of what little doubt there is and stick around.

The Return Of The Fanboi II.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The annoying thing about scenarios is it's a case of how many high level capped players in the scenario the other side.. in either case it just turns into a steam roll fest.

I think Scenarios would be much better if each scenario had 2 level caps where by every 5 levels you move up into the next tier of that scenario and not being bum rushed by people 6-8 levels higher then you.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
The Return Of The Fanboi II.

Let me get this straight: I enjoy playing this game, the group PvP is some of the best I've ever played (note that I do guild stuff, not PuG's) and me articulating this makes me a fan boy?
You appear to be suffering from the retardations. Are people not allowed to have a different opinion to you or something? Is your opinion the only one that matters or is correct?

If this game was shit I would say so. There's plenty of stuff I don't like about it, but the core aspect of the game - the group based PvP - is fucking excellent. If you think it isn't then fine, doesn't make you right though.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I think Scenarios would be much better if each scenario had 2 level caps where by every 5 levels you move up into the next tier of that scenario and not being bum rushed by people 6-8 levels higher then you.

You have a point, but I was running some tier 3 games last night and not 1 of my group was over level 23, the rest of the scenario team being mostly 25-27 bracket. We ended up 3-3, which isn't bad for our first go in tier 3 and even better when you factor in the level difference on the other side (level 27+ just like you say).

The trick to this game is teamwork. Get in a guild, get your tactics nailed
and you won't go far wrong.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Let me get this straight: I enjoy playing this game, the group PvP is some of the best I've ever played (note that I do guild stuff, not PuG's) and me articulating this makes me a fan boy?

[...]

If this game was shit I would say so. There's plenty of stuff I don't like about it, but the core aspect of the game - the group based PvP - is fucking excellent. If you think it isn't then fine, doesn't make you right though.

So what now? The best (fan boy) or some of the best (okay boy)?

What group based PvP games have you been playing? And what makes group based PvP in Warhammer so awesome for you?

You appear to be suffering from the retardations.

:fluffle:

Are people not allowed to have a different opinion to you or something? Is your opinion the only one that matters or is correct?

Don't have anything against different opinions, I often get convinced and support the different opinion then, people who know me, know this.

My opinion is not the only one that matters or is correct! I wish this would be true but I am not working towards this utopistic goal which would make me all-knowing (correct) and all-mighty (matters) und ultimately lead me to spending most of my time living on a beach with Jessica Alba-alike-women and drinking delicious Mai Tais (ofc all would be invite to share my new life-style) and maybe developing the best group based PvP MMOG for you.

:sex:

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see the point in posting a thread starting "I prefer a different game so I am going". Okay, if you dont like it just go, that is sensible - but why do you expect anyone else to give a damn.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The trick to this game is teamwork. Get in a guild, get your tactics nailed
and you won't go far wrong.

Still running 2 Bright Wizards for the awesome tictacs?

Don't want to taunt you, but the key to the game is a mixture of things, tactics and proper set up (with strong classes) among them.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Don't want to taunt you, but the key to the game is a mixture of things, tactics and proper set up (with strong classes) among them.

Isnt that true for just about any group based PvP game?

Oh and IMO voicecomm is missing in your list.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I dont see the point in posting a thread starting "I prefer a different game so I am going". Okay, if you dont like it just go, that is sensible - but why do you expect anyone else to give a damn.

And yet here we are, on page 8 :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The annoying thing about scenarios is it's a case of how many high level capped players in the scenario the other side.. in either case it just turns into a steam roll fest.

Not true, both sides can have max level players, not just one so it's usually relatively even.

Having 5 level scenarios would mean twice the number of tiers and double the wait time for scenarios, probably resulting in some scenarios never being used again.

Bottom line is you take your chances entering a scenario as a low level, you don't have to enter, it's your choice. The reward is good xp, the risk is getting slaughtered by a player of higher level, often for no good reason other than he is a higher level. When your the higher level it'll be your turn to wail on the lowbies, so it all evens out over time :)

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Still running 2 Bright Wizards for the awesome tictacs?

What the hell are you on about? Have you mistaken stazbumpa for someone else because you don't even play on the same server. I'm in the same guild as staz and I can tell you we don't actually have any full time bright wizards as far as I know.

And the key to the game is communication, it's quite possibly the key to anything team based in or out of real life.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
What the hell are you on about? Have you mistaken stazbumpa for someone else because you don't even play on the same server. I'm in the same guild as staz and I can tell you we don't actually have any full time bright wizards as far as I know.

And the key to the game is communication, it's quite possibly the key to anything team based in or out of real life.

Yeah, I'm sure you win matches with any mix of classes due to your superior communication.

Sometimes, no matter how good you play, the enemy will win due to a better set up, that is what I was trying to bring across. My conclusion from this is, that there is no single KEY unless you're happy with babbling about rolling randoms in a group which is on voice comms.

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Actually there are a few misconceptions in the original blog. Also, the vast opinion that seems to be shared within the pages of the blog comes from the massive experience of a lvl 19 character. :twak:

All MMO's share one common thing. They are time consuming. If you are a "casual gammer" then you play FPS games or Xbox. WoW and WaR are not comparable. Though they are both MMO's, they are in different leagues. Though I did notice that after the patch the other day on WoW my characters have unlocked some achievements.....where have I seen that before :ninja:

One of the things that got my attention was this statement. "look at that WP dpsing" (hello...he HAS to dps to heal you)"

Warrior Priests do not have to dps to heal. This belief seems to stem from the WP's ability Divine Assult. Heals your defensive target for 250% of the dmg dealt. There is of course other abilities that a WP can use to do dmg and heal at the same time but the healing converted from damage is far more inferior to Divine Assult.
I found this:
Warhammer Online Guides: Warrior Priest Overview

They state that one of the WP's weaknessess is that its "Heals require melee combat"

People seem the view the Warrior Priest in the same light as.....dare I say it.....the Ret Paladin. Has the ability to heal.....but needs to dps.

They're not even close. Ok so I've been playing a healing class in MMO's for years. Had a Cleric in DaoC. (Other classes too. Cleric wasn't my main) Holy Priest in WoW. Healed up and into Sunwell. Now in WaR I have my WP. So maybe that has caused me to have a different playstyle to other WP's. I stay near the back of the group. I move around all the time. I recharge Righteous Fury often. WP's actually have very nice group utility. I don't really die that often because I keep an eye on the flow of battle and move appropriately. Because I'm at the back I'm able to assist the RP's and AM's when a pesky Witch Elf pops on them. I can switch to 2h (extra dps/str) snare, debuff and basically harass the WE until the dps takes them down. While having the RP or AM as my defensive target I can easily keep them alive. But that's about the only time I dps. I've noticed other WP's at the end of the scenario will have their damage and healing about equal. This tends to mean that they are only healing themselves while they're at the front line. Pehaps they are spec'd for Wrath or Grace where I'm spec'd for Salvation. Or perhaps they are playing their class correctly where I am not.

Perhaps this isn't even on topic:lol: But it's better than saying "Well after 3 days of WaR I've decided to go back to WoW because WaR doesn't offer the kind of end game content I look for in a MMO".
Actually had an old WoW guildie post that on guild forum. He's leveled his char to 3 :cheers: (wonder if he broke a sweat)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
One of the things that got my attention was this statement. "look at that WP dpsing" (hello...he HAS to dps to heal you)"

Warrior Priests do not have to dps to heal. This belief seems to stem from the WP's ability Divine Assult. Heals your defensive target for 250% of the dmg dealt. There is of course other abilities that a WP can use to do dmg and heal at the same time but the healing converted from damage is far more inferior to Divine Assult.
I found this:
Warhammer Online Guides: Warrior Priest Overview

They state that one of the WP's weaknessess is that its "Heals require melee combat"

People seem the view the Warrior Priest in the same light as.....dare I say it.....the Ret Paladin. Has the ability to heal.....but needs to dps.

They're not even close. Ok so I've been playing a healing class in MMO's for years. Had a Cleric in DaoC. (Other classes too. Cleric wasn't my main) Holy Priest in WoW. Healed up and into Sunwell. Now in WaR I have my WP. So maybe that has caused me to have a different playstyle to other WP's. I stay near the back of the group. I move around all the time. I recharge Righteous Fury often. WP's actually have very nice group utility. I don't really die that often because I keep an eye on the flow of battle and move appropriately. Because I'm at the back I'm able to assist the RP's and AM's when a pesky Witch Elf pops on them. I can switch to 2h (extra dps/str) snare, debuff and basically harass the WE until the dps takes them down. While having the RP or AM as my defensive target I can easily keep them alive. But that's about the only time I dps. I've noticed other WP's at the end of the scenario will have their damage and healing about equal. This tends to mean that they are only healing themselves while they're at the front line. Pehaps they are spec'd for Wrath or Grace where I'm spec'd for Salvation. Or perhaps they are playing their class correctly where I am not.

Perhaps this isn't even on topic:lol: But it's better than saying "Well after 3 days of WaR I've decided to go back to WoW because WaR doesn't offer the kind of end game content I look for in a MMO".
Actually had an old WoW guildie post that on guild forum. He's leveled his char to 3 :cheers: (wonder if he broke a sweat)

Well, you can play a WP just as a casting healer, it's fine, but your missing a trick as a WP can both heal and melee simultaneously and is a LOT more efffective while doing both at once.

The reason you see WP's with even dps/heals in scenarios is that they are concentraing on hitting things mainly and, yes, most likely it's mostly self-healing. If you get your binds right, i have my main insta heals/hots bound to my mouse and as i can have both an offensive and defensive target, i can heal easily while smacking other healers/support and providing another ~40% healing on top of that for group members.

It's all situational ofc, theres a time to hit and a time to cast :)

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
In T1 my dps/self healing was very good. Could easily take on any class 1v1 and certain classes 1v2.
In T2 I found I was able to sustain moderate dps while still keeping the healing up. However my dps and healing stayed about equal. This I found was mainly due to self healing. Though I could help out the RP's and AM's with a bit of back up healing. I wasn't really benefiting the grp very much. 1v1 became harder. I put this down to the fact that other classes had now began to increase their own damage and mitigate mine much better. Towards the end of T2 I found myself being more useful in a full healing roll. Enemy players tended to leave me alone and go for the RP's and AM's because they were considered the easier target. Being able to keep the squishies alive while dps'in the one trying to kill them as well as keeping my grp shielded, HoT'd and burst healed when needed felt a more natural roll for my WP.
Now in T3 I pretty much dropped the whole front line dps and focused on grp healing. There's not always an AM or RP in my grp during a scenario and those times especially I focus on full healing. After all, who will keep the group up if I'm at the front line bashing away trying desperately to keep myself in the game?
I've seen many WP's up front. Playing the part of a mid level dps'er. Mid level healer. But they don't excel at either. The WP's dps falls drasticlly short of any main dps'er and in that particular roll it falls well short of any other healer. So I leave the dps to classes that do it better. Although I do dps when it's needed as I mentioned in my previous post. But a WP can excel well in a full healing roll.

MaelynnF_025.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom