Couldn't have said it better myself...

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Like you basically, feeling the need to add a rather useless and unrelated comment pretty much in every fucking thread.
And since he wasn't moaning of anything rather giving an explanation, it is maybe you that should learn some comprehension skills (add it up to the troll ones and go make your home work).

Just put him on ignore. He has never added anything other than trolls to a WAR thread.

B

Benedictine

hehe - been playing healers for years - the blogger clearly is not a 'healer type'. His issues are more to do with bad career choice and mismanaged expectations than game play.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Pretty poor descripition but then i suppose someone with your limited brain capacity struggles in life.Go make my homework..what is that supposed to mean? your use of grammer is bad dude.

Grammer? ok, you are so able to dig your own hole, that nothing's worth adding :m00:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I have played WoW on and off since release and people may find this hard to believe but i have not done a single raid yep you heard it i have not done a single raid.

But i still have a blast in the game everytime i log on i mean there is so much to do sure if your some bum who doesn't leave the house you could blow through the content in a few months but for someone who works WoW is a casual players dream.

My girlfriend has been playing it since release all so and plays every day for 2-3 hours after work i have tried to get her to leave and follow me to WAR but she won't have it as she likes a good PVE with a decent PVP system where she can take a break and whack a few people.

WAR doesn't really seem to have the good PVE.

Hahahahahahaha, no offense but what a load of bollocks. I've been playing WoW for years now and could not disagree with anything you said more. For a start what is this content you speak of? Instances, practically abandoned now, heroics very difficult to pug. You don't do raids which is why you're under the delusional opinion that WoW is a casual game.

Unless you count running around in circles on or outside the bank there is nothing to do. And it is NOT the casual players dream, I was a casual player and everytime I logged on I checked the mail, checked the AH maybe did a bg then logged off to play something else because there was nothing else to do other than grind.

Decent pvp system? Seriously are you still drunk from the night before? As previously mentioned WoWs pvp system was stapled onto the side of the game after release, and as a result it's an unbalanced grindathon. BGs often see people honor kill farming as it provides more reward than actually completing objectives, and the alliance bias bgs give nothing but frustration to the horde side. And don't get me started on the absolute joke that is arena

At the end of the day WoW is a pve game that requires dedicated guilds and more time that normal people have to complete a lot of the content.

WAR is a pvp game with some good pve content thats all in bitesized chunks.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
unless you want to spend half your online time travelling between the pairings its not.

Aye, given that it takes about 1 minute to travel between zones - and that's if you're running WAR on a Commodore 64 via an internet connection that consists of two tin cans and a piece of string - I can see all that time spent travelling really eating into your playing time.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with some of what the blogger said about playing a healer in WAR tbh, but it's only really relevant if you only play PuG's and scenarios.

I am fortunate to have good tanks when we pvp as a guild, so i get protected, from levelling a RP to 23 i stopped joining random scenarios as all i got was abuse even when i roll out with 150k heals it's still never enough for some muppets who yell and scream at the healers. I also got a bit narked at WP's not healing, tanks running off in random directions, WL's over-extending by half the zone and Archmages who do nothing but try too DPS when im getting ass-slammed by marauders and WE's.

When im playing random scenarios i don't play my RP anymore and i see many players on order QQing about there being no healers, well, theres a very good reason why a lot have stopped playing them.

Personally i don't expect healing anymore in random scenario groups, if i do get healed it's a bonus :)

B

Benedictine

Tallen - spot on. I have just taken a brief break from my Runie to roll an engineer. No hassle, no yelling, just me and my gun :cheers:

But: I am a healer at heart and love my GGs with all the support and co-op that comes with it. The difference is night and day with randoms.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Tallen has a point, but it's not limited to the healer archetype.

Every archetype/class gets played badly by some. If you're a front line tank and you get no heals then it is not a thankful job to play a tank, if you are a healer and you heal good but your mates don't do enough damage to kill someone then it is not a thankful job to be a healer, when play a ranged damage class and the thanks are behind you throwing axes, then it is...

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
when i played wow i got my palladin to 63 was shield spec and it was alright but in the end when i got into the burning crusade part of the game it really did feel like one long boring grind fest, the quests were boring and effectivly all identical.

The raids i was on a few and basically it consisted of me having the crap beaten out of my toon while everyone either healed or did damage.

the biggest and worst system of wow was the whole joining a guild AFTER you have grinded and got all your equipment then you could join these raid guilds.

I enjoy war its got a lot to do not just log on grind grind grind grind grind then log off, if i want to i can just go off and explore and discover new things unlock a title in my tome.

and the thing is after i have done that all on order i can go and repeat it all on destro and it would be a new game. On wow you went and repeated it on the other side and it was the same game with nearly the same classes and same dungeons doing the same things.

PVE is alright for a while but there comes a time when i want a wee bit of story and some background history to go along with it. War will keep me entertained and its a lot less hard core than wow was.

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
Tobold's MMORPG Blog: A WAR plan

couldn't agree with him more, when WOTLK comes i'm so out of here.

Found this War Vs War

GameSpy: Warhammer Online vs. World of Warcraft

I quote "World of Warcraft PvP feels like what it is -- an add-on to a game primarily built around PvE and raiding. That's not to minimize Blizzard's achievement with how far the game's PvP has come since it launched (when it didn't even exist). Warhammer Online, on the other hand, is built around the PvP experience, and it shows. While Lich King has promised to jack up the PvP experience, I'm somewhat skeptical of the "movable siege engine" bullet point. Sure, it sounds cool, but my money says that moveable siege engines will be broken at launch and drastically unbalanced in practice."

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
Missing capital at start, no comma where approprate.

Fail :D

Did you intentionally leave out the I in appropriate, or was it a mistake you made in trying to pick up a fault in someones post grammatically?

Anyway, whats the point?

*shakes head*

Cant we all be civel* here :)

*intentional spelling mistake

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Poking at people's spelling/grammar in a discussion is a standard attempt at deflection from counter arguments that one cannot answer. I just felt it worthwhile pointing out the stupidity of it :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
As I said, when someone can't answer/argue the topic of discussion, they deflect. Missing a capital at start of sentence is not punctuation.

Troll on Iorlas :)

Xanthea

Fledgling Freddie
Personally at start i was not to OH BOY! about the WoW expansion, But WaR was not even close to my dreams perhaps 10% of it.

Dodgy gfx etc dident get any omfgcallsicktowork feeling, I got 3 70's in WoW and i been past every instance like 10 times so quite ultra boring atm now...The new instances with the expansion dosent hype me either BUT there total revamp of pvp is quite intresting the pve and crafting beats most pve and crafting in any other mmorpg.

I think Blizzard has the toys to also get best pvp, And if it now would be same old junk i still hope that Mythic's Origins server will get a decent amount of ppl that want to pvp with old ruleset OF and so on, Boring is tho read revently that it was delayed due to massive feedbacks and they had to think some things all over again.

/Peace

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Hahahahahahaha, no offense but what a load of bollocks. I've been playing WoW for years now and could not disagree with anything you said more. For a start what is this content you speak of? Instances, practically abandoned now, heroics very difficult to pug. You don't do raids which is why you're under the delusional opinion that WoW is a casual game.

Unless you count running around in circles on or outside the bank there is nothing to do. And it is NOT the casual players dream, I was a casual player and everytime I logged on I checked the mail, checked the AH maybe did a bg then logged off to play something else because there was nothing else to do other than grind.

Decent pvp system? Seriously are you still drunk from the night before? As previously mentioned WoWs pvp system was stapled onto the side of the game after release, and as a result it's an unbalanced grindathon. BGs often see people honor kill farming as it provides more reward than actually completing objectives, and the alliance bias bgs give nothing but frustration to the horde side. And don't get me started on the absolute joke that is arena

At the end of the day WoW is a pve game that requires dedicated guilds and more time that normal people have to complete a lot of the content.

WAR is a pvp game with some good pve content thats all in bitesized chunks.

Indeed. If you want to experience WoW - it is far from a casual game. Up to now - War have been far more casual for me, then WoW ever was.
I've raided in WoW and in the end it was basically just a grind (faction, potions, gold), to be able to grind (dungeons for equipment) so you could grind more (other dungeons for other equipment).
Sure you can play WoW without raiding, but then you're often confined to running the same small instance over and over and over and over again.
Then I'd much rather "grind" PvP because you play against other and with other people.

But if people want to play WoW instead of War, then by all means go ahead.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not going read this entire thread since i know it will be full of the usual whines. I read the post by that Tobold guy from the start you can tell he rolled a shaman thinking it would be the overr powered monster than shamen in WoW were. He`s clearly a very negative person who tried 1 class to 19 more than likely without a guild as he appears to solo or whine all the time.

Good riddence tbh and please the rest of the people who think like him go aswell lets keep these boards talking about WAR rather than just moaning and pretending your gonna go back to WOW all the time.

Just go back to WoW already leave us in peace

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tobold's MMORPG Blog: A WAR plan

couldn't agree with him more, when WOTLK comes i'm so out of here.

just sounds like a noob who stands at the front trying to do pewpew dmg. I am an archmage and my heals always leave me in the top 5 and I can still dish out the pain. My friend plays a rune priest and sticks to healing, he can get some crazy total heals at the end.

Oh and in Stonetroll Crossing some crazy rune priest (level 10) called Fet was getting 80k healing. I did notice he never bothered helping the guy with the flag, however if a lvl 10 can get that, then a level 18 is a fucking n00b

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A quick :twak: for the grammar nazis - stop the trolling (you too, Roo!!!) and be nice ;)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
A quick :twak: for the grammar nazis - stop the trolling (you too, Roo!!!) and be nice ;)

Technically you just trolled.. :p By telling the grammar nazis to stop trolling.

Just lol at the post though.. ZOMG! WOW IS ROXX!.. Fo, k? WoW is like.. C.Diff :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen has a point, but it's not limited to the healer archetype.

Every archetype/class gets played badly by some. If you're a front line tank and you get no heals then it is not a thankful job to play a tank, if you are a healer and you heal good but your mates don't do enough damage to kill someone then it is not a thankful job to be a healer, when play a ranged damage class and the thanks are behind you throwing axes, then it is...

:iagree:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom