Couldn't have said it better myself...

Zede

Part of the furniture
guy is a cock of a TYPICAL wow pve-kid. Hes taking out of his arse.

good riddance to him, and all the other wow carebears.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You'd rather spend 3 months clearing an instance, only for a new one to come out and do the same again?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
150g at level 19?! I seriously doubt that unless he's been camping the same spot or has RVR'd for far more than 19 ranks. However is this a bad thing? money being less important means less gold farmers and frankly to me that's great.

I usually play a healer, love being in demand for a change and having two Runies in a group just makes it damn near unkillable, no doubt Destro have found the same with it's healers.

The guy in the link obviously doesn' t like WAR so why waste so much time on it? "my plan is to"... hold on if you don't like it leave now and go do something else until your WoW expansion is out, why waste your time? Why continue playing a game you claim isn't fun when you could just leave and do something more worthwhile, this "I want my moneys worth" argument doesn't hold water. If you genuinely want to play WoW then go and play it, then stop posting shit like this in a WAR forum?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
so just because rvr is an option while leveling up in this game there shouldn't be enough pve content for those that dont want to pvp or only want to do it now and then insted of 5 hours a day?

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
You gain some you lose some.
Personally im happy to see people such as him leave :)
This is pvp oriented, not pve.
If he wanted to have a stab at doing damage then he definitely chose the wrong class. in order for him to benefit from playing a shaman he should have joined up with a group consisting of a tank for him to heal and a dps, be it rdps or mdps.

O well, his loss, our gain :)

Ahhhh *toke toke pass*

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
so just because rvr is an option while leveling up in this game there shouldn't be enough pve content for those that dont want to pvp or only want to do it now and then insted of 5 hours a day?

The game is advertised as rvr. not pve. if you wanted to have a stab at pve then its the wrong game for you. Your mistake for picking it up. not the mistake of this game.

i can recommend wow though :) Its somewhere over there *Points towards the sound of squealing kids endlessly grinding their way to the top*

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
150g at level 19?! I seriously doubt that unless he's been camping the same spot or has RVR'd for far more than 19 ranks.

its not that hard. he's been selling stat boosts on AH. and all the twinks are happy to pay every copper they have if it means they can "pwn nubs" in scenarios.

remember that talisman making doesent work as it is in WoW. they only work for a limited time, then you have to buy them again (or make). so there will never be a shortage on customers as it is for enchanters in WoW.

so if you want to make lots and lots of money in notime, talisman making is most certainly the way to go.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The game is advertised as rvr. not pve.

no its advertised as both, with rvr being the main focus but pve being a absolutely viable way of leveling up. but unless you want to spend half your online time travelling between the pairings its not.

Zede

Part of the furniture
no its advertised as both, with rvr being the main focus but pve being a absolutely viable way of leveling up. but unless you want to spend half your online time travelling between the pairings its not.

Your absolutely right.

The 1000s of DaoC players all bought the game for the awsome pve, we were sucked in by all the pve-centric advertising.

Claiming the game is not pvp based is like saying you didnt know tescos sold alcohol. ( recent case brought before the courts !)

Anyways, have fun grinding rep for that new faction(s) in WoLK. I reckon a good 30 runs through the same dungeon might just cover it.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Traveling between the pairings, doing quests, finding Tome Unlocks etc is all counted as PvE. If you want to grind mobs, play WoW.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Traveling between the pairings, doing quests, finding Tome Unlocks etc is all counted as PvE. If you want to grind mobs, play WoW.

He said those things are pve, but the pve levlling is not as viable as grinding scenarios.

The game has never been advertised as a pure rvr game, but they did say rvr would be just as viable as pve. And the point Ctuchik was making is that pve is not really that viable at all, the flightmasters are fairly spread out so it takes a while to travel between pairings. Not to mention that many people are running out of quests half way through a tier. So it turns out PvE isn't really as good as scenarios (which are not really rvr...)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
He said those things are pve, but the pve levlling is not as viable as grinding scenarios.

It is still viable. It might be slower but you can still do it and Mythic never said that just doing PvE would be as fast as mixing in some RvR.

The game has never been advertised as a pure rvr game, but they did say rvr would be just as viable as pve. And the point Ctuchik was making is that pve is not really that viable at all, the flightmasters are fairly spread out so it takes a while to travel between pairings. Not to mention that many people are running out of quests half way through a tier. So it turns out PvE isn't really as good as scenarios (which are not really rvr...)

From the podcasts while the game was being developed, MJ said that it would be possible to level up entirely through PvE or entirely through RvR however the fastest way would be a mixture of both. This is exactly what has been delivered.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Never paid any attention to that blog site before the original poster's link. Unlikely to again.

I've always said I'll be keeping both games going, I'm looking forward to some of the content in WotLK. Blizzard's track record in the PvP department is 4 years of broken promises. The PvE remains excellent generally.

There are problems in WAR, but when it comes down to it, Mythic delivered.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
Your absolutely right.

The 1000s of DaoC players all bought the game for the awsome pve, we were sucked in by all the pve-centric advertising.

Claiming the game is not pvp based is like saying you didnt know tescos sold alcohol. ( recent case brought before the courts !)

Anyways, have fun grinding rep for that new faction(s) in WoLK. I reckon a good 30 runs through the same dungeon might just cover it.

just 30? Well I'm sticking with WAR since it's a lot faster gameplay, doesn't take 2 hours to finish a quest or a BG, this case scenarios.

And what's that about no one cares about healers? Just the last couple of scenarios I've been playing ppl have litterly thrown themselfs infront of the healer to protect it from getting killed...

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
I will give him one thing, he is spot on about the social aspect of the game. Never have I seen a game with such a lack of conversation or interaction between players. There is more conversation in a random game of CS and its the one and probably only (major) thing I hate about the game.

There is no feeling of community at all like that of DAoC, even WoW did have a much more friendly feel to it.

There has been times someone has been just about to bite the dust to a couple of mobs and I have healed them up and not as much as thanks, some times even when i get aggro they just split.

People come in and out of parties without saying hello or bye, which is one of the things I was most looking forward to as I always remembered the laughs from DAoC.

Luckily theres a lot of very nice people in my guild, I dread to think how this game would appear to anyone coming here alone though.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I will give him one thing, he is spot on about the social aspect of the game. Never have I seen a game with such a lack of conversation or interaction between players. There is more conversation in a random game of CS and its the one and probably only (major) thing I hate about the game.

There is no feeling of community at all like that of DAoC, even WoW did have a much more friendly feel to it.

There has been times someone has been just about to bite the dust to a couple of mobs and I have healed them up and not as much as thanks, some times even when i get aggro they just split.

People come in and out of parties without saying hello or bye, which is one of the things I was most looking forward to as I always remembered the laughs from DAoC.

Luckily theres a lot of very nice people in my guild, I dread to think how this game would appear to anyone coming here alone though.

i think a lot of that is to do with voice comms. you join a group of people , they are prob on voice together, and wont chat in game. and if your solo, your prob on your guild comms talking to people so you dont feel the need to interact with random passers-by cos you arent "alone"

Mumia

Fledgling Freddie
Just my own humble opinion :

Wow = pve game going on after the war has been over for app 10 years, has some pvp content that is very near pointless. Solo oriented game, where very little you do has any effect on group/guild/faction/server or storyline. Great for boosting your own char to Uber. Less group rewarding than war.

War = Pvp (rvr) game going on in the middle of a war, has a lot of pve content (if you try and do all quests in all 3 storylines, you will soon find yourself doing battle with easy and effortless mobs trying to solve all quests). Pvp (rvr) is the main attraction, it affects the storyline and the bonus of own/other players/guild/groups/realm.
More group rewarding than wow.

And compairing a game that has been out for a month against a game running 4 years, is hardly fair, for those who actually remember the first year of wow, this game has run a hell of a lot more smoothely and with fewer bugs. There are a lot of bugs still in wow (and war), lots have been fixed and reintroduced with later patches. ( ask a warlock about minions and how they behave, the 180 degree view bug that keeps showing up now and then, mobs spawning inside stuff, mobs you need to relog before looting, Los, mobs dying in places where you cannot loot them, insane server lag and failure when going on worldpvp and attacking big cities, add more here......... ).
And I wont even come near the "balance" issue as it would start a flaming war and I would much more like to play war than write a war :)

So those who like wow, go play that, thoose who like war, go play that, and hopefully we will all have fun playing the games we like.
Some like jeans, others like swimsuits, others again dont wear clothes, its a question of choice and taste.
Just be happy spending your time doing what you like :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The blog holds a lot of truths though, sure the guy is a whiney SOB, but it does hold some.

Healing is a little frustrating simply because the DPS is so much higher and most of the healing is HoTs, but it's hardly game breaking, it's actually sometimes refreshing as it's different from most games.

Personally though, I think wow pvp is shit. The PvE in wow is incredibly fun, but repetative, once you've done it...you don't really wanna do it again, so for that reason I wouldn't bother with WOTLK myself, I love WAR but hate grinding scenarios :)

I'm more than happy in this game though, I think it will be better than daoc in the long term.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The blog holds a lot of truths though, sure the guy is a whiney SOB, but it does hold some.

Healing is a little frustrating simply because the DPS is so much higher and most of the healing is HoTs, but it's hardly game breaking, it's actually sometimes refreshing as it's different from most games.

He doesn't know. He hasn't met tier 3/4 DPS yet.

Tier 1/2 DPS is perfectly healable.

Imo Tier 3/4 DPS vs healing needs an adjustment.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Tooltooltool, good riddance.

Honestly though, on Gobsnot I healed tons in the tier2 scenarios and I had loads of fun doing so. I haven't experienced t3/4 yet but t1/2 seems really balanced, healing-wise.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
The thing is, whatever I wrote in the blog, I play a healer and I enjoy it. I target enemy healers. Our post was meant more to look at some of the skills and strategies of healing in PvP and to open up the discussion of whether you go on the attack or protect your own healers.

I never mind dying in RvR, it happens. I certainly don't get depressed about it :)

Zede

Part of the furniture

Personally though, I think wow pvp is shit. The PvE in wow is incredibly fun, but repetative, once you've done it...you don't really wanna do it again, so for that reason I wouldn't bother with WOTLK myself, I love WAR but hate grinding scenarios :)

I'm more than happy in this game though, I think it will be better than daoc in the long term.

Try not to contradict yourself in the same sentance, well its impressive you at least. It holds neither a lot or some truths, its all bs.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
The thing is, whatever I wrote in the blog, I play a healer and I enjoy it. I target enemy healers. Our post was meant more to look at some of the skills and strategies of healing in PvP and to open up the discussion of whether you go on the attack or protect your own healers.

I never mind dying in RvR, it happens. I certainly don't get depressed about it :)

He was talking about Tobold, not our blog which is ace ;P

Fizzlebutt

Fledgling Freddie
People come in and out of parties without saying hello or bye

Not true :D I said hi to you in a scenario today.
But yeah, its a bit hard to have a written conversation when the opposition is pelting you with all sorts of objects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom